4 Meets 4 Disappointments ...... - Page 2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 4 Meets 4 Disappointments ......

thornhill and madagascar..currently madagascar

Re: 4 Meets 4 Disappointments ......

Quote Originally Posted by strictlye View Post
    free races
    first in line
    i return to 2 wheels in september

Quote Originally Posted by luap View Post
    first in line
    Second in line.
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyKell View Post
    He's not the only one with a personality disorder on this website. He just 'acquired' his. Others are born with theirs.

i must say, the york region meets kinda fell off! lol, the weather aint at its best yet!

Quote Originally Posted by w33z11 View Post
    i must say, the york region meets kinda fell off! lol, the weather aint at its best yet!
    Don't agree. The Maple/Vaughan meets have been going strong since mid-March and we get several riders from outside York Region. You should come and check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyP636 View Post
    Why do you keep going to these events then? I could have told you, you werent gonna like "The Spot" event before you went. And Im sure you knew that before going yourself, but you still went? You never like the free ones, why would you thing for a second that you would like one that you have to pay for, ran by people you dont get a long with already....

It obvious you dont like these events, youd rather meet up with your usual crew and have your own meet/ride....So why not just do that? You keep posting what you like and dont like, but maybe your not aware that you and your usual group are not the only kind of riders in the GTA.....Some people want to see bikini bike washs, models, "even" stunt shows....

Not standing up for anyones event sepecifically, but your always harping about how you didnt like this event or that event, yet you still keep going to them........Arent you..... the "real biker" you preach about, and shouldnt you be out riding instead then?

You wont catch me posin outside of a Boston Pizza, unless theres UFC on! Those are the meets/events I dont understand, the BP meet and poses.....LOL
    Actually, I didn't go to the meet this wknd, Saturday or Sunday.
    I was out RIDING.

I don't hate all meets, and I don't mind paying $10 for a good one. And I most definitely don't complain about events that people host. But you know people talk, and you know that if one meet doesn't go as planned SOMEONE is gunna be flaming it. It's just how the scene works.

I feel like a meet should, if not for riding, should have I dunno...some sort of PURPOSE. For instance, the Ride for Sight stuff, or even the Ruff Ryders (which I see you will be at) for the Make-a-wish thing...those seem to appeal to me more because they seem to be for some sort of cause. These may not all be the most exciting things out there, but the flaws can be overlooked because it is for a greater purpose. And these generally sound more organized.

It just seems that every meet out there is trying to use stunters, or women as an excuse to draw a crowd. Be flattered if you want, but for the rest of us that have seen you do about 1000 circles already it gets kinda old...

And dont get me wrong, I love girls in bikini's, and I love people to wash my bike for me lol, but I mean really? Is that going to make the event successful? If you ask me, the girl on the back of my bike is going to make my day a lot more successful then the girl I just paid to wash it. Just my opinion though.

And not that it matters, but I just added another 500 or so KM to my bike this wknd, putting my 2 year old bike somewhere around the 45,000KM range...so yes, when you are doing your circles in a parking lot trying to impress the 19 year olds that just got paid to watch you...you can bet I'm out riding.
    ** Thanks for being a part of the GTAM Ride for Sight Motorcycle Team! **
    "Is that the way they drive in Tiananmen Square, b!tch?" - Ari Gold, Entourage
    2007 GSXR750, 2005 CRF450X | Proud Member of the 2006-2008 ODSC! | Facebook me!

The Twisties around Creemore on a '07 SV650S or on the Track on a '03 R6

People always seem to complain about something.

I see a lot of people complaining about the stunting event... It seems as if the organizers tried to do everything to make sure it ran smoothly. Putting up safety fences, getting permissions, etc.. If the Police show up with the intention of shutting things down, they're going to. Lots of people were complaining about having to pay $10.. (Which is my understanding was going to benefit a trust fund in memory of a fallen fellow rider benefiting children).. That the Girls washing bikes weren't world class supermodels. (they looked rather attractive to me from the pictures I saw )..

It was the first time someone stepped up and tried to put something like this togather, sure there were some glitches,, Well welcome to life, Things don't always go as planned.

People always complain... Hell, people complain about having to pay $30 to watch a full weekend of roadracing, and that includes free camping.
    I'm not a stunter, but having seen quite a few stunt shows the level of bike control and skill some of these guys exhibit never fails to impress the hell out of me.

There are all kinds of meets.

Some people like to hang out with other riders and socialize, For some doing a 800km day on the twisties with other like minded riders is what they enjoy. Others don't even ride the street and prefer to do their riding at the racetrack.. Some like to do a casual ride in the country on their bikes.. Some like to play in the dirt.. Some like to give back to the community and particapate in charity events..

There are all kinds of meets and events for all kinds of riders..
    Most of these events are organized by riders for riders because of their love of motorcycling. After all isn't that what a community is about ?.

If you don't like the type of meets and events that there have been in the past, Organize and post your own event.. It's easy to complain.. It's not quite as easy to organize a event that a wide variety of riders will enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by strictlye View Post
    Well if it makes you guys feel any better I will be setting up a weekly meet at GPKartways. I'm finalizing the details with the owner now. By the sounds of it free races maybe inline for those who show up. I there is something specific that you are looking for in a meet, let me know and I will see if the owner will accomodate.
    bikini kart wash?

Dont you worry all !!!! A wasaga ride will sure come soon!!! Lol

Quote Originally Posted by squid pro quo View Post
    it's more than just a discounted AYCE ....

u forgot all the free Carlsberg two-fours that Chantie will be handing out.

and u forgot that there'll be a Magician in the house for entertainment!

Sorry bro.....

A: I dont drink.

B: Durgy is there almost every Saturday doing his close up magic.
    I've never actually seen his performace but I kinda chuckled when I was there on february and saw a poster of him on one of the windows...lol
    Im a cowboy, on a steel horse I ride........ Im wanted......Dead or Alive!

Quote Originally Posted by hotshotmikeyboy View Post
    Dont you worry all !!!! A wasaga ride will sure come soon!!! Lol
    You know I'm in, but Im not sure I can be seen with you and that bike you got there haha

Quote Originally Posted by CBRJOHN View Post
    People always seem to complain about something.

I see a lot of people complaining about the stunting event... It seems as if the organizers tried to do everything to make sure it ran smoothly. Putting up safety fences, getting permissions, etc.. If the Police show up with the intention of shutting things down, they're going to. Lots of people were complaining about having to pay $10.. (Which is my understanding was going to benefit a trust fund in memory of a fallen fellow rider benefiting children).. That the Girls washing bikes weren't world class supermodels. (they looked rather attractive to me from the pictures I saw )..

It was the first time someone stepped up and tried to put something like this togather, sure there were some glitches,, Well welcome to life, Things don't always go as planned.

People always complain... Hell, people complain about having to pay $30 to watch a full weekend of roadracing, and that includes free camping.
    I'm not a stunter, but having seen quite a few stunt shows the level of bike control and skill some of these guys exhibit never fails to impress the hell out of me.

There are all kinds of meets.

Some people like to hang out with other riders and socialize, For some doing a 800km day on the twisties with other like minded riders is what they enjoy. Others don't even ride the street and prefer to do their riding at the racetrack.. Some like to do a casual ride in the country on their bikes.. Some like to play in the dirt.. Some like to give back to the community and particapate in charity events..

There are all kinds of meets and events for all kinds of riders..
    Most of these events are organized by riders for riders because of their love of motorcycling. After all isn't that what a community is about ?.

If you don't like the type of meets and events that there have been in the past, Organize and post your own event.. It's easy to complain.. It's not quite as easy to organize a event that a wide variety of riders will enjoy.
    Very well put, pretty much summed it all up.
    "ride to your full potential or why ride at all!'

04 R6 (sold)
    07 R6

This thread has gone a little sideways.........
    And although some of the trash talking is pretty funny..... none of it seems relevant to the point I was trying to make.

I started it to express my frustration. The guys I ride with regularly & I try to attend as many of these meets as we can as we want to support the local bike scene and the many worth while causes they support. I for one do not have a lot of free time to do this.

If you are going to organize an event and promote that you are going to have a variety of attractions then get organized and provide what was promised. Trust me I know how much work goes into organizing some of these events & things can't always go as planned..... but if you are going to take my money ( yes it is going to charity & I would probably give it to you anyways ) at least tell me when I arrive that things have come up...this bike wash is not happening or this vender did not show up yet. Don't take my money let me walk around to see that nothing that was advertised is happening and then I leave ****** off.

And like I wrote before.... the stunt shows have been great.... the season is young & I am looking forward to the summer! Looks like some nice weather is headed our way
    2009 Honda CBR 1000RR - Repsol

Quote Originally Posted by amp3d View Post
    you know i'm in, but im not sure i can be seen with you and that bike you got there haha
    ill put a big suzuki sticker on it for ya !!! ...lol

Maybe we should make it an all Repsol ride Mike lol

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Nastro RR View Post
    Looks like you have it covered... all of the above plus some over priced food.
    But this weekend was especially disappointing. A dozen of us went to a meet that was suppose to have started hours earlier, PAID to get in just to find none of the advertised promotions or events were set up or even going to happen at all........... the one exception being the stunters.

But like I said before the season is young and I am looking forward to a great summer!
    Yea.. that's what you get..

People that know **** all about planning events and organizing, planning events and organizing.. Just to put some cash in their pockets..

If you have to pay for it, it's not worth it in most cases..

Besides people want to ride and have a good time... why are you going to park your bike and hang around on such nice days and nights.. and then pay for it..

ghey..

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Chantie View Post
    What!? You mean you're actually supposed to get on the thing and ride it around?
    It's a guy thing... You wouldn't understand..

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by LMF View Post
    Don't agree. The Maple/Vaughan meets have been going strong since mid-March and we get several riders from outside York Region. You should come and check it out.
    Are the bike meets there like the car meets used to be? Comparing the wheels that your parents bought you.. haha...

good ol' woodbridge..

Banned

Actually, I didn't go to the meet this wknd, Saturday or Sunday.
    I was out RIDING.

I don't hate all meets, and I don't mind paying $10 for a good one. And I most definitely don't complain about events that people host. But you know people talk, and you know that if one meet doesn't go as planned SOMEONE is gunna be flaming it. It's just how the scene works.

I feel like a meet should, if not for riding, should have I dunno...some sort of PURPOSE. For instance, the Ride for Sight stuff, or even the Ruff Ryders (which I see you will be at) for the Make-a-wish thing...those seem to appeal to me more because they seem to be for some sort of cause. These may not all be the most exciting things out there, but the flaws can be overlooked because it is for a greater purpose. And these generally sound more organized.

It just seems that every meet out there is trying to use stunters, or women as an excuse to draw a crowd. Be flattered if you want, but for the rest of us that have seen you do about 1000 circles already it gets kinda old...

And dont get me wrong, I love girls in bikini's, and I love people to wash my bike for me lol, but I mean really? Is that going to make the event successful? If you ask me, the girl on the back of my bike is going to make my day a lot more successful then the girl I just paid to wash it. Just my opinion though.

And not that it matters, but I just added another 500 or so KM to my bike this wknd, putting my 2 year old bike somewhere around the 45,000KM range...so yes, when you are doing your circles in a parking lot trying to impress the 19 year olds that just got paid to watch you...you can bet I'm out riding.
    +1 wooooord

Quote Originally Posted by Nastro RR View Post
    Maybe we should make it an all Repsol ride Mike lol
    Friends don't let friends ride Repsol's!

I guess if I'm parking next to a Repsol at Wasaga I better make sure my bike is REALLY SHINY! lol

Friends don't let friends ride Repsol's!

I guess if I'm parking next to a Repsol at Wasaga I better make sure my bike is REALLY SHINY! lol

Maybe just fix that dent in your exhaust ! lol