4 Meets 4 Disappointments ......

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 4 Meets 4 Disappointments ......

4 Meets 4 Disappointments ......

I'm sorry if I step on a few toes here but I have to say I am very disappointed in the 4 meets I have attended this year.

As a new father it is getting harder & harder for me to get out to these meets but it is also through these meets in the past that I have made my best friends since I moved to Toronto 5 years ago.

So far this season the only group that seems to consistently be organized and put on a good show is the guys doing the stunting.

That being said the season is young and I hope the best is yet to come.
    Last edited by Nastro RR; 05-31-2009 at 09:38 AM.
    2009 Honda CBR 1000RR - Repsol

Re: 4 Meets 4 Disappointments ......

Quote Originally Posted by Nastro RR View Post
    I'm sorry if I step on a few toes here but I have to say I am very disappointed in the 4 meets I have attended this year.

As a new father it is getting harder & harder for me to get out to these meets but it is also through these meets in the past that I have made my best friends since I moved to Toronto 5 years ago.

So far this season the only group that seems to consistently be organized and put on a good show is the guys doing the stunting.

That being said the season is young and I hope the best is yet to come.
    sorry to hear.
    why disappointments?

event advertised as AYCE then ran out of food?
    ride portion ended up with squidly crashes?
    iron-fisted police presence strip searching bikes in attendance?
    just nothin' planned @ meets .. standing around only?

another way of asking is....
    "what would you consider a GOOD meet?"

Quote Originally Posted by squid pro quo View Post
    sorry to hear.
    why disappointments?
    +1

Let's hear some more about it. It will help people be better organized next time.
    I enjoy listening to the radio at a reasonable volume from nine to eleven.

just have to filter out till you get to know like minded riders and just hook up with them for rides. Course, I'm not known to be at meets.

sorry to hear.
    why disappointments?

event advertised as AYCE then ran out of food?
    ride portion ended up with squidly crashes?
    just nothin' planned @ meets .. standing around only?

another way of asking is....
    "what would you consider a GOOD meet?"

Looks like you have it covered... all of the above plus some over priced food.
    But this weekend was especially disappointing. A dozen of us went to a meet that was suppose to have started hours earlier, PAID to get in just to find none of the advertised promotions or events were set up or even going to happen at all........... the one exception being the stunters.

But like I said before the season is young and I am looking forward to a great summer!
    2009 Honda CBR 1000RR - Repsol

Quote Originally Posted by Nastro RR View Post
    Looks like you have it covered... all of the above plus some over priced food.
    But this weekend was especially disappointing. A dozen of us went to a meet that was suppose to have started hours earlier, PAID to get in just to find none of the advertised promotions or events were set up or even going to happen at all........... the one exception being the stunters.

But like I said before the season is young and I am looking forward to a great summer!
    You were not the only unhappy one yesterday! Hopefully today works out better for them.
    I think people expect too much out of these so-called organized events. Personally, I'm over these.

Some of the most fun I have had at meets are the less organized, smaller groups. I don't know why certain people feel the need to have sponsors or stunters or bikini washes to get people to their events. Secondly, how many of you go to bike shows with a dirty bike?
    When I see events advertised with bikini washes, models, even stunters etc, it just screams desperation, attention or whatever you wanna call it. These events are not for the bikers. These are focused at advertising, profit, popularity, whatever.

I've seen a lot of great meets and a lot of people show up to gatherings that didn't have to use half naked women to get people there.
    I would prefer to go to a meet with 10-15 people where we all can find SEATING together, instead of being on different sides of the room and you can get a chance to meet and talk to everyone equally...then maybe go for a ride later.

And, is it just me or are all these disappointing events seem to be very similar in regards to ideas, participants, sponsers, etc. Where have all the original meets gone?
    I'm looking forward to the Boston Pizza meet next week though!
    I think some of you forgot what biking is all about Any real bikers would be out riding on a nice sunny wknd, not sitting in a parking lot WATCHING other people ride. just my opinion tho.
    Last edited by amp3d; 05-31-2009 at 12:22 PM.
    ** Thanks for being a part of the GTAM Ride for Sight Motorcycle Team! **
    "Is that the way they drive in Tiananmen Square, b!tch?" - Ari Gold, Entourage
    2007 GSXR750, 2005 CRF450X | Proud Member of the 2006-2008 ODSC! | Facebook me!

Damn, what meet was that?

Quote Originally Posted by Zahadoom View Post
    Damn, what meet was that?
    Well, not sure which ride that was at, but the police showed up again today at "The Spot".

According to the people that went, it was a rather disappointing event.
    I feel bad for the people that paid $10 only to have the police break it up!

It doesnt sound like it was very well organized if you ask me.
    ** Thanks for being a part of the GTAM Ride for Sight Motorcycle Team! **
    "Is that the way they drive in Tiananmen Square, b!tch?" - Ari Gold, Entourage
    2007 GSXR750, 2005 CRF450X | Proud Member of the 2006-2008 ODSC! | Facebook me!

Boston Pizza meet? What location?

There was a great meet last year, the downtown Shopsy's meet. And now it's in Markham. Why the hell would I be interested in going to Markham? Zzzzzzzzzzz. This whole organized meet thing is overated.
    "I got a new spleen from a guy who liked to ride motorcycles". Fry, Futurama

My bike is a video star! youtube.com/watch?v=Ju9caIDWQ40

Quote Originally Posted by amp3d View Post
    Well, not sure which ride that was at, but the police showed up again today at "The Spot".

According to the people that went, it was a rather disappointing event.
    I feel bad for the people that paid $10 only to have the police break it up!

It doesnt sound like it was very well organized if you ask me.
    Wasn't it on private property? Why would the cops break up a private event? If it was on public property, why weren't the cops informed?
    "I got a new spleen from a guy who liked to ride motorcycles". Fry, Futurama

My bike is a video star! youtube.com/watch?v=Ju9caIDWQ40

Quote Originally Posted by RetroGrouch View Post
    There was a great meet last year, the downtown Shopsy's meet. And now it's in Markham. Why the hell would I be interested in going to Markham? Zzzzzzzzzzz. This whole organized meet thing is overated.
    my sentiments exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by EIREGSXR600 View Post
    Boston Pizza meet? What location?

you're new here, so lemme help you out ...

http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...ad.php?t=32439

oh, and here too: http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...ad.php?t=87476

yea i was extremely disappointed to find out that there was nothing really going on at this weekend's meet. I mean JohnnyP and the rest of the guys put on a good show as always but there was nothing there that I could not have seen for free at a shopsys meet. The bbq they had going was small and unorganised and the bike wash never actually happened on saturday. My group ended up at Wendy's...lol

To add to that, one of the roads that lead up to the event was closed and a bunch of guys had to find a detour.

Just seems like the event was very blah and not very well organised.

The BP meet though is something Im also looking forward to since its setup simply as a discounted AYCE and then its up to the individuals to make plans for the rest of the nite.
    Im a cowboy, on a steel horse I ride........ Im wanted......Dead or Alive!

I don't know why certain people feel the need to have sponsors or stunters or bikini washes to get people to their events.
    I thought you were all excited about the... stunters. lol

I would prefer to go to a meet with 10-15 people
    Come on! You don't know that many people.

where we all can find SEATING together
    That's only because you don't want other guys coming over and swooping up the girls you brought to the meet.

Where have all the original meets gone?
    Like Frozen Yogurt, right? lol

Any real bikers would be out riding on a nice sunny wknd, not sitting in a parking lot WATCHING other people ride.
    What!? You mean you're actually supposed to get on the thing and ride it around?

You were not the only unhappy one yesterday! Hopefully today works out better for them.
    I think people expect too much out of these so-called organized events. Personally, I'm over these.

Some of the most fun I have had at meets are the less organized, smaller groups. I don't know why certain people feel the need to have sponsors or stunters or bikini washes to get people to their events. Secondly, how many of you go to bike shows with a dirty bike?
    When I see events advertised with bikini washes, models, even stunters etc, it just screams desperation, attention or whatever you wanna call it. These events are not for the bikers. These are focused at advertising, profit, popularity, whatever.

I've seen a lot of great meets and a lot of people show up to gatherings that didn't have to use half naked women to get people there.
    I would prefer to go to a meet with 10-15 people where we all can find SEATING together, instead of being on different sides of the room and you can get a chance to meet and talk to everyone equally...then maybe go for a ride later.

And, is it just me or are all these disappointing events seem to be very similar in regards to ideas, participants, sponsers, etc. Where have all the original meets gone?
    I'm looking forward to the Boston Pizza meet next week though!
    I think some of you forgot what biking is all about Any real bikers would be out riding on a nice sunny wknd, not sitting in a parking lot WATCHING other people ride. just my opinion tho.

Why do you keep going to these events then? I could have told you, you werent gonna like "The Spot" event before you went. And Im sure you knew that before going yourself, but you still went? You never like the free ones, why would you thing for a second that you would like one that you have to pay for, ran by people you dont get a long with already....

It obvious you dont like these events, youd rather meet up with your usual crew and have your own meet/ride....So why not just do that? You keep posting what you like and dont like, but maybe your not aware that you and your usual group are not the only kind of riders in the GTA.....Some people want to see bikini bike washs, models, "even" stunt shows....

Not standing up for anyones event sepecifically, but your always harping about how you didnt like this event or that event, yet you still keep going to them........Arent you..... the "real biker" you preach about, and shouldnt you be out riding instead then?

You wont catch me posin outside of a Boston Pizza, unless theres UFC on! Those are the meets/events I dont understand, the BP meet and poses.....LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Magnum P.I. View Post
    The BP meet though is something Im also looking forward to since its setup simply as a discounted AYCE and then its up to the individuals to make plans for the rest of the nite.

it's more than just a discounted AYCE ....

u forgot all the free Carlsberg two-fours that Chantie will be handing out.

and u forgot that there'll be a Magician in the house for entertainment!

Well if it makes you guys feel any better I will be setting up a weekly meet at GPKartways. I'm finalizing the details with the owner now. By the sounds of it free races maybe inline for those who show up. I there is something specific that you are looking for in a meet, let me know and I will see if the owner will accomodate.
    http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h133/strictlye/signature.jpg

u forgot all the free Carlsberg two-fours that Chantie will be handing out.
    Let's not get carried away! It's only one case. lol

+1 weekends are for riding.

These events are great during the week, when there's little time to ride after work, pose and make plans for the weekend rides.