Royal Distributing-beware!!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Royal Distributing-beware!!

Royal Distributing-beware!!

This is just to make people aware of this store.

Bought a full face helmet last Sunday. I tried a few ended up buying a Gmax. It had a few vents and I asked the lady if this is going to create excessive noise at hwy speeds. I was assured that if I was to close all the vents, I won't hear anything and I can also return the helmet but there will be a restocking charge. Fine.

This morning was the first time I tried the helmet. I literally went around the block for about 10 minutes. This is the noisiest helmet I have ever had. I was expecting some wind noise, but nothing like this.

I went back to see if I can get a refund or a credit towards a HJC, but because I wore the helmet there was nothing they can do for me. At one point they were quite rude and argumentative with me on this.

At that point I walked out. It is not worth my time for $170. What would happen if I got a $1000 helmet and something was wrong with it?

I want to make people aware of this no return/no refund policy that is not displayed anywhere.

Chhers

Re: Royal Distributing-beware!!

Quote Originally Posted by TNT View Post
    At that point I walked out. It is not worth my time for $170.
    You expected a $170 skid-lid to be silent or even quiet...?

What would happen if I got a $1000 helmet and something was wrong with it?
    My guess is a $1000 skid-lid would probably feel like a $1000 skid-lid.
    I find that for the most part when it comes to gearYou get exactly what you pay for... You paid $170... You get noise.

A good venting helmet is supposed to make noise and lots of it.

That's why you should be wearing earplugs when you ride.

thornhill and madagascar..currently madagascar

i think this is more your lack of judgement on a el cheapo helmet than royal's. Even the big dollar helmets dont block out all noise.
    i return to 2 wheels in september

returning helmets is kind of like returning underwear...

It's not generally accepted and any place that does allow it... you probably don't want to buy from them.

It's difficult for them to tell if you've dropped it or not. Some drops produce no real marks on the out side shell.

The Twisties around Creemore on a '07 SV650S or on the Track on a '03 R6

I was assured that if I was to close all the vents, I won't hear anything
    Did you get the special total isolation model ?

Nobody takes returns on helmets.

Banned

Im just going to ask a few questions about this..

i wear a shorty, so i knew there was going to be some windnoise. Its actually not bad at all, i dont wear earplugs, but thats besides the point. i spent $50 on my helmet.

I see some of you guys talking about $350- $600, and even $1000 dollar helmets..

what the hell ? and you're not allowed to try them out ? you cant return it after a test ride ?

talk about gambling. Im shocked out of my mind that you cant return these things
    theres a difference between a thousand dollar hemet and a 4 dollar pair of underwear.

if i was dropping that kind of $$$ on a helmet, i'd want some warranty, or refund action
    Last edited by yettiman121; 05-30-2009 at 06:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by yettiman121 View Post
    if i was dropping that kind of $$$ on a helmet, i'd want some warranty, or refund action
    The helmet is more than likely perfectly fine.

I don't blame Royal, imagine the amount of money they would lose if they started offering exchange programs on helmets. Would you pay them full price for a helmet that was worn once or twice?

excellent thread

Quote Originally Posted by kellen View Post
    excellent thread
    Royal must have really have ****** off the OP.

First post in four years

RD is fine... sure, customer service is not known as the best, but returning a helmet is not normally accepted... As the other post said, kinda like underwear.
    Sometimes the sun makes beggars believers
    And sometimes a shrine is built to deceive her
    In between let oblivion ring
    Whoa let me hear all you sad angels sing

Appaloosa

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCrowe13 View Post
    RD is fine... sure, customer service is not known as the best, but returning a helmet is not normally accepted... As the other post said, kinda like underwear.
    Ya id be more ****** if i bought a helmet for $1000 after some guy who hasnt showered in a month wore it for a week.

Royal has good prices and lots of stock, but you really need to go in there knowing what your looking for. I have argued with the parts guy there many times because HE thought i was getting the wrong part. Most of the time when I take their word from something I end up with the wrong thing.

Hung over one day I walked in there looking for a DID x-ring 520 chain for my 929......ended up with a DID ATV chain. Wouldnt have been such a big deal with they came with rivet links instead of clip links.

i wear a shorty, so i knew there was going to be some windnoise. Its actually not bad at all, i dont wear earplugs, but thats besides the point. i spent $50 on my helmet.

I see some of you guys talking about $350- $600, and even $1000 dollar helmets..

what the hell ? and you're not allowed to try them out ? you cant return it after a test ride ?

talk about gambling. Im shocked out of my mind that you cant return these things
    theres a difference between a thousand dollar hemet and a 4 dollar pair of underwear.

I spent about 20mins in there trying a bunch on and nobody said boo. It may be because I have a clean shaved head, but still. I wouldn't buy a helmet on if I couldn't try it on first. But I can completely understand about them not accepting returns after the purchase. Exactly what someone already mentioned, what if the guy before you had dropped it and weakened the structure of it.

what if you took the helmet home, left it on your kitchen table then your cat knocked it onto the floor? you're going to bring a suspect helmet back to the store and try to get a refund because "it doesnt fit properly"? why not give refunds on tires if rider's arent happy with them? you're right, there is a difference between a helmet and underwear. if you drop your undwear by accident it won't be ruined and won't have lost it's ability to hold your junk in place.

if i'm going to drop $600 on a helmet, i'd be doing my research ahead of time. with the e-tools at our disposal, there's no reason not to read up on what helmets you're looking at. i would not expect much from a $170 helmet.

Quote Originally Posted by imnothng View Post
    I spent about 20mins in there trying a bunch on and nobody said boo. It may be because I have a clean shaved head, but still. I wouldn't buy a helmet on if I couldn't try it on first. But I can completely understand about them not accepting returns after the purchase. Exactly what someone already mentioned, what if the guy before you had dropped it and weakened the structure of it.
    Trying on a helmet in a store and taking it for a test ride are different things.

Drop a helmet in the store, see if nobody say's boo. If it was my store and you dropped a new helmet, you'd be buying it. I'd give you a deal tho

This is just to make people aware of this store.

Bought a full face helmet last Sunday. I tried a few ended up buying a Gmax. It had a few vents and I asked the lady if this is going to create excessive noise at hwy speeds. I was assured that if I was to close all the vents, I won't hear anything and I can also return the helmet but there will be a restocking charge. Fine.

This morning was the first time I tried the helmet. I literally went around the block for about 10 minutes. This is the noisiest helmet I have ever had. I was expecting some wind noise, but nothing like this.

I went back to see if I can get a refund or a credit towards a HJC, but because I wore the helmet there was nothing they can do for me. At one point they were quite rude and argumentative with me on this.

At that point I walked out. It is not worth my time for $170. What would happen if I got a $1000 helmet and something was wrong with it?

I want to make people aware of this no return/no refund policy that is not displayed anywhere.

Chhers
    don't rant here. give the store manager a chance to rectify the situation.
    you'll most likely walk out with an apology, your original money back and a new HJC helmet @ 20% off.

they're good guys, givem a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by caboose483 View Post
    what if you took the helmet home, left it on your kitchen table then your cat knocked it onto the floor? you're going to bring a suspect helmet back to the store and try to get a refund because "it doesnt fit properly"? why not give refunds on tires if rider's arent happy with them? you're right, there is a difference between a helmet and underwear. if you drop your undwear by accident it won't be ruined and won't have lost it's ability to hold your junk in place.

if i'm going to drop $600 on a helmet, i'd be doing my research ahead of time. with the e-tools at our disposal, there's no reason not to read up on what helmets you're looking at. i would not expect much from a $170 helmet.
    +1

Seriously, I do not know any stores that'll take helmets back if it was worned. Like Caboose mentioned, you should've done your research before going out and committing to something.

I bought a Shark helmet from Pannon sports for $150, it was one of the most comfortable and quietest helmet I've worn but the mechanism holding the visor didn't stand up too well when I crashed lolz, definitely won't be buying another Shark for awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by caboose483 View Post
    If it was my store and you dropped a new helmet, you'd be buying it.
    Uh... No.

Quote Originally Posted by TorontoGSX View Post
    I bought a Shark helmet from Pannon sports for $150, it was one of the most comfortable and quietest helmet I've worn but the mechanism holding the visor didn't stand up too well when I crashed lolz, definitely won't be buying another Shark for awhile.
    You should replace your helmet after a crash anyway. $150 is a great deal for a helmet of Sharks quality. I'm not sure what your expecting of a visor mechanism but not too many can survive a crash (unless your talking very low speed).

Quote Originally Posted by Gaoler View Post
    Uh... No.
    Really? You'd damage my merchandise but you wouldn't need to pay for it?

This BS is why i could never run any kind of retail store.

And people wonder why shops wont take refunds on helmets..