OPP Officer Charged For Allegedly Falsifying Traffic Stops - Page 3

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: OPP Officer Charged For Allegedly Falsifying Traffic Stops

Re: OPP Officer Charged For Allegedly Falsifying Traffic Stops

Quote Originally Posted by Schmedley View Post
    These laws that hand out punishment before trial (or no trial at all) are all ripe for abuse.

In small towns it is not uncommon for cops to have people they don't like - you give cops too much power and the potential is there to abuse it.

20 years ago two of my brothers decided to move out West because the cops in our town started following them around constantly - arrested them for every little thing... including tossing them in the drunk tank even if they were barely drunk. They are lucky street racing laws, 3-day suspensions for being under impaired, and 90 day suspensions for impaired (before trial) didn't exist back then.
    Sounds like you grew up in a similar small town that I did. It took my own mother to threaten to charge the police with harrasment before the local boys layed off my brother and I. Nothing like getting pulled over outside your own driveway because the locals didn't like you and you shared the same last name as someone else they didn't like.

Re: OPP charges officer for falsifying Stops!

I live 5 min away im goin. This should be good

He probably ran his mouth off the the wrong person and that person snitched, thats the way it usually works

Quote Originally Posted by Smokeandapancake View Post
    Yup, and everyone with a motorbike is a whiney goof squid.
    There are many whiney/squid/goof riders out there. I'd go so far as to say that a lot of riders are complete *******.

The difference lies in the fact that they aren't sworn to up hold the law and held to a higher standard.

So I guess that means there are many dirty cops abusing their new found powers of judge and jury? or do police not make mistakes. That is the official OPP press line after all.

If found guilty, I hope they fire him, charge him, and take his license away!
    Friggin face book pic is annoying to look at... smug MF'er.
    Sometimes the sun makes beggars believers
    And sometimes a shrine is built to deceive her
    In between let oblivion ring
    Whoa let me hear all you sad angels sing

Appaloosa

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCrowe13 View Post
    If found guilty, I hope they fire him, charge him, and take his license away!
    Friggin face book pic is annoying to look at... smug MF'er.
    you got the guy on facebook? hook us up with a link!!
    we should all email him and tell him what we think of him! lol
    ** Thanks for being a part of the GTAM Ride for Sight Motorcycle Team! **
    "Is that the way they drive in Tiananmen Square, b!tch?" - Ari Gold, Entourage
    2007 GSXR750, 2005 CRF450X | Proud Member of the 2006-2008 ODSC! | Facebook me!

when we go to teh courts should we all wear GTAM matching shirts and all go by the name of Paul?! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by amp3d View Post
    you got the guy on facebook? hook us up with a link!!
    we should all email him and tell him what we think of him! lol
    its in the other thread on this topic in the laws/hta section. Have at it, The picture alone makes me want to ***** slap the smug smile from his face.

Quote Originally Posted by AdRath View Post
    its in the other thread on this topic in the laws/hta section. Have at it, The picture alone makes me want to ***** slap the smug smile from his face.
    I find it very strange an officer would have his picture on facebook.
    My best friend has been an officer for 3 years and he just got facebook this past week, however he has no pictures visible.

This OPP guy isn't the brightest.

here is the facebook link here http://www.facebook.com/people/Denni...ruer/562455198
    Wow, he does look like a tool! Imagine him pulling you over with that smirk on his face!

I should send him a message saying that he is the newest celebrity over at GTAM and ask him for an interview! lol
    Last edited by amp3d; 05-30-2009 at 02:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by amp3d View Post
    I find it very strange an officer would have his picture on facebook.
    My best friend has been an officer for 3 years and he just got facebook this past week, however he has no pictures visible.

This OPP guy isn't the brightest.
    You're right about that.... 2 friends that just became cops, closed their FB sites... Definatly not the sharpest tool in the shed... still a complete TOOL no less!

Appaloosa

Quote Originally Posted by Red_Liner740 View Post
    well thats good, they finally charged one of their own...

kicker is, you think those people who got falsely charged will get their impound fees back?! i dont think so...
    No, but if he is convicted, they would stand a good chance of suing the individual officer for the losses and having it upheld. And if reimbursement isn't voluntarily offered in out of court settlement, maybe even the court costs. Of course, as typical, the onus would be on the individuals affected to seek reimbursement. Let's hope that he does get convicted, the precedent alone would bode well for victims of those that are vermin wearing a badge, that all too often think they are above the law.

Fingers crossed that he gets the maximum penalty for his actions (if he really was in the wrong)
    Pot Roast at the court house!

Appaloosa

In all fairness. The police services act stipulates that an officer charged with an offence should get suspended with pay. The reality is that you are supposed to be innocent until proven guilty. We boost about this fundamental right taken away from us by the new street racing law yet we forget that it applies for everybody! We have to remember, not all cops are crooked, and its good that the provincial police investigated and charged this individual, as i cannot call him a cop if the charges get proven in court.
    Last edited by ManoWar; 05-30-2009 at 09:58 AM.

repost. Mods please delete.

repost. Mods please delete.
    Last edited by camber; 05-30-2009 at 10:21 AM. Reason: repost. Mods please delete.

Re: FYI - OPP officer(Sgt. Dennis Mahoney-Bruer) charged with falsifying traffic stop

Re: FYI - OPP officer(Sgt. Dennis Mahoney-Bruer) charged with falsifying traffic stop

A quick google search can return a quote of two from this guy.

Ontario police Sgt. Dennis Mahoney-Bruer has heard that excuse too many times, and after hearing the same thing over and over – he's even watched grown men bawl their eyes out in front of him – his sympathy is wearing thin.
    "A little indication (is) if you're going down the highway and you're passing everybody – hello, chances are you're speeding," Mahoney-Bruer said, before adding that some excuses do tug on his heart strings and make him pause before calling a tow truck.
    "We're all human, we all have a certain amount of feelings . . . but we have that rule now and we're really sticking to it. We really want to get the message to the people out there that you're not going to talk your way out of this."
    http://www.thestar.com/printArticle/274514

Quote Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
    No, but if he is convicted, they would stand a good chance of suing the individual officer for the losses and having it upheld. And if reimbursement isn't voluntarily offered in out of court settlement, maybe even the court costs. Of course, as typical, the onus would be on the individuals affected to seek reimbursement. Let's hope that he does get convicted, the precedent alone would bode well for victims of those that are vermin wearing a badge, that all too often think they are above the law.
    go see a lawyer if you were affected....you'll get a lot more than your impound fees back if he's convicted.
    and my guess is somebody had a tape recorder going....otherwise he never would have been charged...police corruption, lying, naw - couldn't be!
    Last edited by boyoboy; 05-30-2009 at 10:29 AM.
    DEMOCRACY - NOT PLUTOCRACY www.globalresearch.ca

Anyone ever been ticketed by Sgt. Dennis Mahoney-Bruer?

It might be time to contact the below number if you were.

OPP Officer Charged For Allegedly Falsifying Traffic Stops

The OPP have arrested and suspended one of their own, after an officer was accused of laying charges against three different drivers for speeding or violating the new street racing law based on false evidence.

One was accused of exceeding the posted limit, while the other two were alleged to have violated the province's street racing law and had their licences suspended and their cars temporarily seized. The OPP Professional Standards Bureau won't say how they came across the accusations but admits all charges against the trio have since been withdrawn.

Insp. Dave Ross won't say what the motive might have been.

The allegations make other stops Sgt. Dennis Mahoney-Bruer may have been involved with suspect as well and a review of all his past cases is underway. Ross tells CityNews.ca that could keep investigators busy for a while - as many as 200 provincial cases and 50 criminal cases are being given a second look.

The 49-year-old cop has been a member of the force for 12 years and is based in Port Credit. His primary patrol area is the QEW and Highway 403.

The accused has been suspended from duty with pay and will appear in a Brampton court on July 13th. He's charged with three counts of breach of trust and one of obstructing justice.

Commissioner Julian Fantino, often cited as a 'cop's cop,' is disappointed by the outcome but says it's vital the public knows he won't stand for anything untoward in the ranks.

"It was important for the OPP to initiate an immediate investigation and a comprehensive review, with the intent to bolster safeguards, to prevent similar situations in the future," he notes in a statement. "I believe that the public trust is a fundamental cornerstone of the OPP and policing."

If you think you were unfairly stopped by this officer and have a complaint to make, call (905) 278-6131.
    http://www.citynews.ca/news/news_34954.aspx

Did anyone grab his pic from Facebook?

I can't find him anymore.

The funniest part of this thread is the lack of posts from all our police members?!
    When someone posts complaints about the street racing laws etc.... every cop on this forum comes out of the woodwork to bash em', and flaps their lips to praise the powers of the police.
    Suddenly it's quieter than a mouse fart in here.....