Bike down on Ridge Rd:

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Bike down on Ridge Rd:

Bike down on Ridge Rd:

Ridge Rd and 30 Road, about 8:00pm tonight.
    Police doing an accident re-construction with Ridge Rd closed, just east of 30Rd. Green Kawi busted up, and sitting on a trailer, with many parts scattered on the road.
    I hope the rider is ok.

Re: Bike down on Ridge Rd:

Quote Originally Posted by banned it View Post
    Police doing an accident re-construction with Ridge Rd closed, just east of 30Rd. Green Kawi busted up, and sitting on a trailer, with many parts scattered on the road.
    I hope the rider is ok.

Where is this? I had a call a girl I know went down today, but don't know any details, except she is in surgery in serious condition, she rides a Green Kawi 250.... she is also from Hamilton & a member on this forum!
    ~ Suzuki Girl ~

Quote Originally Posted by Suzuki_girl View Post
    Where is this? I had a call a girl I know went down today, but don't know any details, except she is in surgery in serious condition, she rides a Green Kawi 250.... she is also from Hamilton & a member on this forum!
    It's on the mountain - Grimsby area.
    The bike was too far from the police barricade to be able to tell what model it was (for my eyes anyway)

I tried posting a link - I can never get Google maps to link up here.
    If you google Ridge Rd and Park Rd S - Grimsby ON you'll see exactly where it was. It was actually about 200 yards east of Park Rd S. I was headed east. When I came back - they still had it blocked off at 30 Rd.

I just remembered, I saw an air ambulance headed to the General Hosp about 6:30 - 7:00pm....
    Hope it's not related
    Last edited by Gary; 05-24-2009 at 10:44 PM.

I just remembered, I saw an air ambulance headed to the General Hosp about 6:30 - 7:00pm....
    Hope it's not related
    That would be her! I heard she was air-lifted there! I really hope she is okay! If anyone has any news or updates.. info on what happened... please post up! I'm going nuts wondering!!
    ~ Suzuki Girl ~

Quote Originally Posted by Suzuki_girl View Post
    That would be her! I heard she was air-lifted there! I really hope she is okay! If anyone has any news or updates.. info on what happened... please post up! I'm going nuts wondering!!
    Oh **** - now you've made the hair on my neck stand up. I was on my deck bbq'n something when the copter flew over my house

Post up if you hear anything, and I wish her and everyone involved all the best.

I really hope she is o.k!!!

ouch. Hope the rider recovers well from her injuries.
    ~=Big Daddy of the Dope Dragons MC=~

'05 Blue&Silver Hayabusa

They just had this on the 11pm news. 30yr old female. She was part of a group ride, and hit a parked car. She suffered multiple broken bones and was airlifted to General Hospital.

I hope she is doing ok

It was just on CHCH news. A female rider, riding with a group of riders plowed into a parked car, and suffered 'numerous' broken bones, and was airlifted to Ham General Hosp.
    It was the same copter that flew over my house which would be enroute to the General.
    I'm sure it's going to take time to heal up, but nothing was mentioned about "life threatening injuries" which is good news.

It's not the place to post this, possibly - but I ride out there about 5 times a week for yrs, and have never seen a car parked in that area.

Just watching CHCH @11 . Rider was a 30 yr old female. She was riding in a group and hit a parked car. Airlifted to hospital. Apparently multiple broken bones but in stable condition.

I was down that road myself today and ran into some freakeness with a cruiser rider. He was following me very closely from New Mountain Rd in the Creek then dropping back and pacing me at about 100 ft. When I got to the stop signs ( at 50 Road and the one just before Mtn Road in Grimsby)he zoomed right up and sat next to me like he wanted to race. I tried to talk to him but he just ignored me.
    I came off hard and left him in the S before Mtn Road. I saw him coming likkity split then didn't see him again when I cleared the S. I thought he might have dumped. Weird. Didn't see any parked cars mind you.

That kind of unsettled me and put me off the rest of my ride.

Don't know what could have happened to that gal but Ridge is getting very busy on nice days and tons of bikes are coming and going at all hours.

Hope she recovers ok.

Ride safe folks.

Spyug
    Last edited by Spyug; 05-24-2009 at 11:25 PM.
    "Slowest beasts are always strongest and manage to live the longest"
    "If it's no Scottish.......it's crap!"
    "Ama lyin?"

1983 GS750E Black Booty
    1982 GS750 SZ Katana Wee Beastie II
    1983 GS550E Basket Case from Hell

Best wishes for a speedy recovery. Hope she gets back on the bike soon.

get well soon.

is this the girl with the jordan jacket?

I know who this is, hate to hear of this news but hoping she'll pull through okay. She's a tough girl!

I hope the rider is ok.

scenic and beautiful road that ridge road on escarpment. sorry to hear about a rider down and wish him well.

Quote Originally Posted by Teal View Post
    I know who this is, hate to hear of this news but hoping she'll pull through okay. She's a tough girl!

I think I know who that is. Recover soon...
    Last edited by frekeyguy; 05-25-2009 at 06:57 AM.

Heres to a speedy recovery !!!!!!!

Hope she heals up soon
    *~Maggie~*

I just phoned up my buddy after reading this and sure enough they we're the ones on that ride.
    The group ride consisted of 8 members of HSBR. Jenn was the girl who went down. She rides the green kawi 250 and wears the jordan jacket as people were mentionning. From what I gather she tried to adjusted her foot peg and looked down for a second. She drifted slightly from her line and went into a parked car on the side of ridge road. The car was parked half on the shoulder half on the road from what I gather. She was air lifted to Hamilton General with serious injuries and multiple breaks.
    There will be a meet tonight at around 630pm at the tim hortons on king and caroline street in Hamilton. We will be visiting her at the general. Anyone is welcome.

Please ride safe people. Don't count on people to follow rules all the time. Even it's your right of way.
    -=Shiny side up!=-

Yeah we drove past that ourselves at about 7... made me lose a bit of riding confidence for a good while after. Well wishes to her!
    Janice

Well wishes for a speedy recovery...