Who will insure 30+ year old bike?

Thread: Who will insure 30+ year old bike?

Who will insure 30+ year old bike?

Perhaps save me some time if I have some idea who will look at it!

I'm with Meloche Monix on my Interceptor but they will not insure my 1979 CB650 after this year... I need to find someone who insures old bikes and perhaps someone here can recommend who they are using if they get good rates on an old bike.

Meloche wanted $723 for a CB650 I bought for $800. I pay just under $1000 for my 2007 VFR800 I bought brand new... the CB is a pricey and painful quote, just dosn't make sense why its so much.
    -1979 Honda CB650 (SOLD)
    -2006 Suzuki GS500F (SOLD)
    -2007 25th Anniversary Honda VFR800 (+50k km)

Re: Who will insure 30+ year old bike?

Give Avi Singh at Cornerstone a call. He can write you through Jevco Insurance. They have no age restrictions on motorcycles. Tell him Jerry Kaspard referred you.

state farm
    Powered by Platinum Powersports www.platinum-powersports.com

As Jerry said, Jevco would be a good bet. If you're young, RSA Facility might be worth a shot too.

Avi
    Twitter @Avi_Singh_
    www.avisingh.com

Quote Originally Posted by 172Driver View Post
    Perhaps save me some time if I have some idea who will look at it!

I'm with Meloche Monix on my Interceptor but they will not insure my 1979 CB650 after this year... I need to find someone who insures old bikes and perhaps someone here can recommend who they are using if they get good rates on an old bike.

Meloche wanted $723 for a CB650 I bought for $800. I pay just under $1000 for my 2007 VFR800 I bought brand new... the CB is a pricey and painful quote, just dosn't make sense why its so much.
    Keep in mind that the insurance is primarily to repair your body and protect you against 3rd party liability. As an insurer, I could care less about forking out $5000 to pay for a bike . . . it's the Accident Benefits that cost the big bucks, and you can get hurt whether you are riding the Interceptor or the CB.

Aviva writes older bikes if you are over 30 years old:

https://www.avivacanada.com/product....nguage=ENGLISH
    I'm an Actuarial Analyst for a Major Canadian Insurance Company. I analyse claims patterns to determine overall rate changes, as well as relative premium differences by various risk characteristics (eg. age, experience, claims, convictions, usage, etc.)

Unless it's private, please post insurance-related questions in the forum rather than sending me a PM.

Current: 2001 Suzuki GSXR1000 (4th Season)
    Previous: 1996 Honda VFR750F (4 Seasons)
    Previous: 1998 Kawasaki Ninja EX250 (3 Seasons)

Not sure if it matters or not but Jevco will write a liability policy for you but they would not give me comprehensive (fire and theft) on a 1987 due to the age.
    Wow, I didn't know we'd become such good friends, because if we had, you'd know that I give **** before I give favors and I don't even give my best friends **** so your chances of getting a favor are pretty ******* slim. - Go