GTA Dealers trying to shut down Petes Superbike - Page 9

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: GTA Dealers trying to shut down Petes Superbike

Re: GTA Dealers trying to shut down Petes Superbike

Quote Originally Posted by AGAVE View Post
    Don't worry about Pete, his arms are about the size of my legs, i'm sure anyone he throws out the door will land in saskatchewan.

BTW> You say you pay 30% less in the usa, Horizon?
    I call BS on that, only because I AM a moto parts distributor.
    So unless you get lower prices than wholesale, and can show us a receipt to back up your claim, stfu.
    Wouldn't matter if pete sold tires for 50cents, you would tell us you can buy them for a quarter.
    Always has to be that one guy that can criticize something perfect.
    I'm guessing you work for the government.
    Keep the 10$ and use it for site supporter status lol.
    http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com...ront-Tire.aspx
    http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com...Rear-Tire.aspx

http://www.petes-superbike.com/index...t-touring.html
    http://www.petes-superbike.com/index...g-rear-14.html

$187 vs $287 at Pete's. It's just on this particular set of tires. Every other set, he's right on par.

LOL, I'll tell you what, go to the moto superstore and see if they even have those tires in stock, then ask for the real price.
    We'll wait here until you come back crying.
    That place isn't known for it's fabulous deals.

ps> And you bothered yappin and typin for an hour just to show us a tire you will never be able to purchase?! Hilarious.
    Last edited by AGAVE; 08-07-2010 at 06:33 PM.

LOL, I'll tell you what, go to the moto superstore and see if they even have those tires in stock, then ask for the real price.
    We'll wait here until you come back crying.
    That place isn't known for it's fabulous deals.

ps> And you bothered yappin and typin for an hour just to show us a tire you will never be able to purchase?! Hilarious.
    *shrug* ok whatever. I have a website providing a price and showing it in stock, and you're going off hearsay. You may be right, but your evidence to back up your point is quite lacking. You can continue trying to rag on me, even though we're both agreeing. I'm just providing some very limited cases where Pete's isn't the best price. He isn't some super magical tire dealer with fabulous prices. He's just pretty damn close. Check your dealers for prices, then go to Pete. THEN, check elsewhere, just to be sure. It's just common sense.

Quote Originally Posted by HorizonXP View Post
    He isn't some super magical tire dealer with fabulous prices.
    Yes, he actually is.

Don't get your panties in a twist man, i'm just saying you might be surprised when you call for that tire, only to find out it wasn't true.

If you find cheaper tires, and purchase them, and have them in your hands or installed on your bike, then come share your fabulous deal with us.

I just saw a website offering me a bank loan in Nigeria waaay cheaper than here, should i go for it? Know what i'm sayin .......

Yes, he actually is.

Don't get your panties in a twist man, i'm just saying you might be surprised when you call for that tire, only to find out it wasn't true.

If you find cheaper tires, and purchase them, and have them in your hands or installed on your bike, then come share your fabulous deal with us.

I just saw a website offering me a bank loan in Nigeria waaay cheaper than here, should i go for it? Know what i'm sayin .......
    LOL!

Naw man, I'm not bothered at all. But Motorcycle Superstore isn't some Nigeria scam. Maybe what your saying is true. If so, I have no problem being wrong. Bear in mind, these are probably the ONLY set of tires I found where there was a significant difference. Again, we're both saying the same thing. If you're buying tires, 99% of the time, no point in buying anywhere other than Pete's.

FYI, I like my panties edible, not twisted. Scratch that, I like my panties on the floor.

Horizon xp, please post total/final price on those tires.
    I've tried ordering from motorcycle superstore a few times only to find the price jump signicantly after going to "check-out"...unless you have US address.....even more so than the other US stores......never visited the store again since.

FYI, I like my panties edible, not twisted. Scratch that, I like my panties on the floor.
    Well then you should visit Montreal, we got all the best panty varieties!

As for tires, save time and money, buy from Pete, a Canadian business.

Quote Originally Posted by somebody View Post
    Horizon xp, please post total/final price on those tires.
    I've tried ordering from motorcycle superstore a few times only to find the price jump signicantly after going to "check-out"...unless you have US address.....even more so than the other US stores......never visited the store again since.
    Well I'm going with the Pirelli Sport Demons, which are $5 less than what Pete charges (so obviously not worth it, lol).

However, Pete doesn't have the rear in stock, Motorcycle Superstore does. Like I said, I'm going to the US later this month anyway, so I will order them, and post back my findings. And yes, I have a US address, I use US Address Inc. 1.5 km across the border from the Lewiston bridge.

AGAVE: My girlfriend may have issue with that, LOL.

I ordered a set of BT-45s from Pete, only to have him refund the order due to a pricing error. Apparently, he wasn't making any money on the tires at the price on his site.

As much as I wanted to support him, it's still much cheaper to order from the US. I understand he's running a business and has to make money, but I'm a young student that needs to save money. So like most of my other motorcycle items, I'm buying from the US.

I really wish Canadian retailers would smarten up. Pete's on the right track, others need to follow.

EDIT: Oh yeah, Glen @ FS Motorcycle too. Bought a set of Galfer SS brake lines for about the same price as buying from the US, maybe ~$10 difference. Another stand up retailer.
    The reason i gave you a refund was cause my maiin supplier didnt have stock, my 2nd did, but i dont have the same discounts from either of them, if it would of been even (like not making money) but if i lose money thats different. so that why i had to refund you, sorry.
    Check out www.petes-superbike.com for great tire prices!

Quote Originally Posted by OliverK View Post
    So this thread starts with defending Pete's from the evil dealerships trying to shut him down because he can sell cheaper.

Now people are rallying to his defense from the evil US retailers because they are cheaper.

its almost impossible for us canadian dealers to match us prices, somebody is making alot of money somewhere (suppliers) and its not me!
    Check out www.petes-superbike.com for great tire prices!

Quote Originally Posted by petes-superbike View Post
    The reason i gave you a refund was cause my maiin supplier didnt have stock, my 2nd did, but i dont have the same discounts from either of them, if it would of been even (like not making money) but if i lose money thats different. so that why i had to refund you, sorry.
    And heres the other side of the coin. Manning up when its not even your job, here comes pete. Love it.

Quote Originally Posted by [evo] View Post
    And heres the other side of the coin. Manning up when its not even your job, here comes pete. Love it.
    I appreciate it too, but that wasn't explained to me in the e-mail he sent to me. I merely conveyed what I was told. But again, I do appreciate his honesty and candid nature.