GTA Dealers trying to shut down Petes Superbike

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: GTA Dealers trying to shut down Petes Superbike

GTA Dealers trying to shut down Petes Superbike

Hi guys just to let you know that your friendly dealers in the GTA are putting pressure to try to shut me down. Those are the guys that try to sell you tires at full retail! hope that if this happens that you wont encourage them but our southern neighbors instead? will keep you up to date!
    pete
    Check out www.petes-superbike.com for great tire prices!

Re: GTA Dealers trying to shut down Petes Superbike

Keep up the fight .I hope the volume sales will keep you going.

I just have not made up my mind as what compound tire to buy.As soon as I do you will have the order.

Quote Originally Posted by petes-superbike View Post
    Hi guys just to let you know that your friendly dealers in the GTA are putting pressure to try to shut me down. Those are the guys that try to sell you tires at full retail! hope that if this happens that you wont encourage them but our southern neighbors instead? will keep you up to date!
    pete
    Put them on blast Pete! So we know who to avoid
    NOMFuP, Not My ****ing Problem. - Malcom Tucker

I'd say post up the names of the shops giving you a hard time ...
    www.thetoyhauler.ca
    Inferno is the new GTAM P.I.M.P.

Quote Originally Posted by petes-superbike View Post
    pete
    Just curious, how the GTA dealers are pressuring you to shut down??? It says your location is Montreal, then don't you have your own market to rely on in the worst case scenario you stop supplying the GTA?

gsxr_gurl18

Hang in there. I got my tires on Wednesday and they are fantastic!! Thank you!!!!

Everyone seems to be making money, but some just are not making enough profit. Hmm....what's wrong with this? Greedy b*****ds. I think the shops that are pressuring, should have their names posted.

Sounds to me like they are whining to the distributors about him. Pretty sad.
    05 DRZ400SM
    93 ZX-7
    02 RM125

The Twisties around Creemore on a '07 SV650S or on the Track on a '03 R6

Because of the local pricing I used to buy all my tires from the US.. Now there's a price competitive option within Canada.

Just out of curiosity I asked a local dealer for a price on a pair of Road Pilot 2's $595 Installed.... And you wonder why people don't shop locally.

Pete, Don't worry about it.. GTAM Members support those businesses that treat them fairly.

Quote Originally Posted by CBRJOHN View Post
    Because of the local pricing I used to buy all my tires from the US.. Now there's a price competitive option within Canada.

Just out of curiosity I asked a local dealer for a price on a pair of Road Pilot 2's $595 Installed.... And you wonder why people don't shop locally.

Pete, Don't worry about it.. GTAM Members support those businesses that treat them fairly.
    There ya go pete. I personally havent ordered tires from you only because i dont need any. Rest assured when the time comes i will deal with you. Like others said post up some names so we can AVOID dealing with these a holes that are trying to shut you down !!!!

The money that I'll save buying tires from Pete will likely go to a GTA dealer some way or another... so chill out!

I hope they do not succeed because I bought a set of tires from Pete's back in April and will likely need another set next spring. I ordered a pair of OEM Bridgestone Excedras for my ST and Pete's price, including shipping and tax was at least $50.00 less than the next best price I was quoted.

I finally got around to having them installed this week. I used West End Cycle in Caledon to install as he charges just $20.00 per rim if you bring in the rims.

Maybe if the GTA dealers were a little more reasonable with their prices there would be no need to try to shut down the competition.

Malks
    1997 ST1100

Let's not start a war here it's the last thing you (Pete) and any of your customers want, there's no need to publicise names...

At least for now.
    SOAR Novice #113

Obviously with the volume the bigger guy gets a better discount than the smaller, but the smaller guy works with a smaller profit margin due to lower overhead.
    This might be what the other dealers are complaining about to their suppliers. I am in the suppliers shoes but in a different industry and can only say from my experience that the smaller guys are needed or a monopoly is imminent - and that is VERY bad for business.
    I wouldn't shut a smaller dealer down if he is playing fair. I'd be telling the bigger guys to deal with it.
    Hang in there Pete! It's only a thunderstorm, not a hurricane. It will blow over soon and blue skies will return.
    1999 GSXR-600 SRAD

I second that!!!! petes a stand up guy with great Canadian prices!!!!! thanks again Pete!!!

Quote Originally Posted by infernobuster View Post
    I'd say post up the names of the shops giving you a hard time ...

well i haven't bought a tire from pete but i got my damper from him at an unreal price, and will be buying tires from him later, but I really want to know who are these ******* dealers?
    See this is a problem with canadian market, instead of these losers trying to make the market more compatative they want to close the only place that prices are real. give us names and i am sure people here can teach them a lesson when their sales drop by 50%.

hi guys thanks for the encouragement. so far i dont have names and dont think i will have either, but my supplier calls me often to have me stop shipping tires to gta cause they are getting threat calls from dealers that if they dont close me down they will stop buying from them! thats how it works in the motorcycle industry in canada! in the usa you open up next to a big dealer its just almost as if they dont go shack your hand and wish you luck! here in canada its to crush the smallest!!! i keep telling my supplier that most of my customers would buy in the usa if i didnt do it. i would be surprised to know how many of you before buying from me were buying in the usa before? like this i can show my supplier this post and let him decide from there! i was also told that they are also ****** of cause in my email i refer the installations to daniel in toronto, of course i do!!! they dont want to install them! so we ll see what happens in time but if i have to stop then they (dealers) win and will continu to sell tires retail! im not writing this to complain or have symapthy, its just that i opened up my eyes and saw that there was a market for selling tires across canada! thanks
    guys
    Check out www.petes-superbike.com for great tire prices!

actually pete, you should look into some legal matters here. i think as part of competation acts they can not force you to stop selling within canada as long as you do not violate your pricing with suppliers/vendors. there is more to this and i can go on..... lawsuits always makes them stop bitching as well too
    Last edited by apstndp; 05-22-2009 at 10:38 PM.

I would never purchase tires from a local STEALER!(got quoted over $600...!!!!) I would rather buy from US ....still cheaper than in GTA!!!

Pete, will you be getting the Metzeler Roadtec Z6 Interact in stock?
    ~=Big Daddy of the Dope Dragons MC=~

'05 Blue&Silver Hayabusa