went down yesterday at the forks - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: went down yesterday at the forks

Re: went down yesterday at the forks

Saw another bike down on sunday. . no idea as to what happened but it was a red Kawi 250 I think and was already on the back of a tow truck.

There is no spill zones on this road so be smart and stay with in your limits!

Cam

Banned

Most of the 250's I see or hear about are on their sides...

Kawasaki probably makes more money selling fairings than they do bikes..

Banned

This seems to be happening far too many times. I think riders are riding beyond their skill level. Watching Jason Britton, and thinking "I can do that."

Back in the 80's, 90's, that corner claimed some lives. A guy I knew on a Gixxer, well, RIP. I was on an Interceptor at the time. Back then, there were no warnings, no lights. Now all that's missing is a guy standing there with a slow down sign!

Don't let it scare you off the road. Learn from it, and apprectiate how lucky you are to be alive. The guy I was riding with isn't. Everytime I take that corner, I have a sick feeling in my stomach. But I still take it.

Also, be careful of the natural spring. You'll see it as you pass the lower end of the chicane. It always leaves a wet spot at the top, as you're heading out of the chicane. If you hit the throttle, you'll be sideways.

Glad to hear you're ok. A bruised ego can be fixed.

Sucks to hear but glad you are ok. I would keep riding and like people have said learn from your mistakes and be more careful.

I almost went down last week at rattle snake road when a car was coming up the hill in my lane as I was going down the curve. I would honestly be depressed if I totalled my shiny new bike
    Night Rod Special

Quote Originally Posted by Alex346 View Post
    Glad to hear your ok!

Dont give up on riding though! I went down once and thankfully only had some minor injury's.. I took it as a learning lesson.. ever since ive been so much more aware of myself and others on the roads ... it makes you respect the machine, road conditions/hazards and the other motorists out there alot more when you realize how quickly things can go bad while your out there!
    That girl was me!
    Orange Aprilia Shiver???
    I was riding with friends from the GTAS and i crash on the 3rd or 4th curve after the hairpin. I suffered two fractures of the leg and a dislocated thumb. Not too pleasant.
    Now, it seems like quite a bit of people are wiping out on this curve... Is this just a coincidence, or someone is throwing rocks on the road?

I'm glad you guys got out of it alive. Magna, I hope your fractures are easily healable.
    The Fizzer's up for sale http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...-600-2050-cert
    Unofficial GTAM chat! Click for the info http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...ad.php?t=91578
    Like many active sports, shooting has the potential to cause personal injury.
    "The proper wave to an e-biker is to raise your beer." [credit:'Baggsy@GTAM]

Quote Originally Posted by f14hotshot View Post
    Yeah I think that there was a chance for prevention, I think speed/ a bit of gravel on the inside of the white line can easy make a rider lose control. Specially when in a low position entering a turn and finding it just on the inside of the right tire track as your making a left turn. All this put together and an accident can happen. Ride safe every one it's an amazing stretch of seanec road up there but with every turn the road is just an unknown factor so becarefull because it sucks spending summer in bed than on a bike.

It happens, "glad your alright" ... fix your bike and get back out there, or great excuse to get a new one..