how do i get to the forks??? - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: how do i get to the forks???

Re: how do i get to the forks???

Quote Originally Posted by zooropa_chris View Post
    Lots of turns on the way to Georgetown, leaving Georgetown, and Terra Cotta.

http://maps.google.ca/maps?f=d&sourc...3&ie=UTF8&z=13
    Thanks again for posting this!

Just did this. and will do again.

Expected to see tonnes of bikes and cops, but frankly, it was quite dead there this afternoon with the exception of a few bikes here and there.

Cheers!

Went thru there today with a brand new rider. Told him about the hairpin and he was fine. Twisties, speed limits, cops meh-its a beautiful area and enjoy it for what it is...in our backyard and not a dozen hours away!

Quote Originally Posted by El Zilcho View Post
    True. Just don't get caught by surprise at The Turn...

lol, There was a guy there today with his camera, looking for some good bike shots, I assume this because I saw him getting off his bike at the bottom of the hill and walking up when I passed the first time... The second time coming back, he was sitting at the turn with his camera in hand. I was stuck behind some slooooow azz mini van so I even had time to shrug my shoulders and give him a smile as I passed. If that guy was from here and got some good pics, please post up. I am curious to see how some experience riders take "The Turn".
    Sometimes the sun makes beggars believers
    And sometimes a shrine is built to deceive her
    In between let oblivion ring
    Whoa let me hear all you sad angels sing

Appaloosa

Quote Originally Posted by adamcbrrr View Post
    He did say he was there once b4 he just couldn't remember the way.
    I only read the title of posts . I stand corrected.

zooropa_chris: nice route in Georgetown, I usually take main street up north, but looks like there's a nice twistie on your route.

If you take Mississauga Road up to Belfountain and ride through The Forks, do yourself a favour and turn left when you reach Highway 10.

Take 10 north to Hockley Valley Road and turn right. Follow Hockley Valley Road to the stop sign at Airport Road and turn right again. Take Airport Road to the second traffic light (Charleston Sideroad) and turn right again. Follow Charleston back to Caledon Village and turn left at Highway 10. Go south on Highway 10 to the Forks and follow it back to Belfountain. This loop will add about an hour to your ride, but is well worth it.

Watch your speeds on 10 through the construction zone north of Caledon and again on Hockley Valley Road, particularly on the weekends.

Malks
    1997 ST1100

and whatever you do..... don't take Winston Churchill back down from the forks.

I usually like to take random roads to and from that area, just because you never know what you'll find over the next hill. This time, I found gravel. Win some, lose some.