'03 SV650S Stalling

Thread: '03 SV650S Stalling

'03 SV650S Stalling

My bike '03 SV650S was running fine yesterday but when I went to warm it up this morning it was idling and then stalled, restarted it and it stalled again, so I opened the throttle for a bit to warm it then it seemed to stay running.

As I pull away it seems to want to stall a couple of times in first but after half a km or so it ran smoothly, but when I stopped and just blipped the throttle to 3k or so it stalled again, and it did this again when I got to work and before I left work later in the day.

I checked the oil (which was low) filled it up and ran the bike at idle for a few minutes with no problems but I highly doubt the oil was the problem so :

What could it be?!?

I checked the filter and air intake

maybe,

fuel filter, spark plugs, injectors are clogged?

Thanks for any help
    2003 ZZR 250 (gone-zo!)
    2003 SV650S

Re: '03 SV650S Stalling

Have you done the Throttle Position Sensor adjustment yet? If it's really low, like close to your idle, the bike will stall out like that. Here's the thread that everyone uses to learn how to do it:

http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=55459

It's not hard to do, but it can be frustrating. Adjusting that sensor is done in tenths of a mm. Seriously. It's really touchy.

Also, they aren't kidding on there about how soft the bolts are.

New symptoms: The bike has started stalling while I am riding both accelerating and while engine braking

Also the speedo has started acting goofy, once I hit 70kph-ish it starts going to random numbers like 70-113-62-125. Pair that with my headlight gets brighter when I rev the motor and I think I have caught the lights flickering on the gauges and I am starting to think this may be electrical?

Any thoughts?

I will do the TPS sensor this week but im not so sure thats it
    2003 ZZR 250 (gone-zo!)
    2003 SV650S

Not sure if this is the problem. but that was happeneing to me at the start of the season , added a new battery and runs beautifully now.
    If Your Not FIRST Your LAST!!
    2000 Suzuki GS500E

Quote Originally Posted by ButternautJugg View Post
    Not sure if this is the problem. but that was happeneing to me at the start of the season , added a new battery and runs beautifully now.
    Yeah, this isn't the TPS like I mentioned- sounds like you're closer to the fix. Probably the battery.

See if you can have it tested, oneironaut. And even then, sometimes batteries test well even if they're totally effed up.