Guys Only Section - Page 3

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Guys Only Section

Re: Guys Only Section

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja911 View Post
    No it means that they are just looking to chat without the extra BS

but thanks for making it evident about what you really think of us ladies.

For the record - I don't care if we have a womens only section - however, I'm sharing the point of view from some of the women in this group.

The only point you...*firestart* have managed to make is we are too sensitive, weak and are headed back to the 19th century.

I rest my case.

Go have your women's sections already. I would personally pay for it if there was a cost associated just to shut you up already. Women are just too damn dramatic. Someone says something you dont like........how about standing up for yourself and proving them wrong. You cant protect yourself by hiding from everyone in society that you cant deal with.......instead learn to deal with it so it doesnt matter which jerk approaches you in the future. Every forum will need to have a special section to protect the women from jerks? Dont you see thats just a bandaid solution?
    Ride smart.... live to ride another day

yes yes "segregation" ok then

If you bothered to read my points this would have ended a long time ago. But whatever......its a minor issue to me as I do not care either way.

Quote Originally Posted by FiReSTaRT View Post
    I can't take all or even any of the credit for that one. You and a couple of others are doing a pretty good job of it yourselves. I'm just pointing out the implications of what you are doing.

Quote Originally Posted by R6RiderTO View Post
    Go have your women's sections already. I would personally pay for it if there was a cost associated just to shut you up already. Women are just too damn dramatic. Someone says something you dont like........how about standing up for yourself and proving them wrong. You cant protect yourself by hiding from everyone in society that you cant deal with.......instead learn to deal with it so it doesnt matter which jerk approaches you in the future. Every forum will need to have a special section to protect the women from jerks? Dont you see thats just a bandaid solution?

lol - boy you guys just make it easier and easier to prove my point of why some women don't like associating with you...Thanks!

yes yes "segregation" ok then

If you bothered to read my points this would have ended a long time ago. But whatever......its a minor issue to me as I do not care either way.
    If it mattered so little to you, you would not have been attempting to address each and every one of my posts almost before I hit the Post button.
    To me this is a big issue not because of any gender issues, but because it is an errosion of the rider community.
    I see that some ladies see themselves more as members of a gender-community than the rider community. For you, it would be more appropriate to go to a "girls-club" forum and open up a section for women that ride instead of trying to segment GTAM.
    The Fizzer's up for sale http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...-600-2050-cert
    Unofficial GTAM chat! Click for the info http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...ad.php?t=91578
    Like many active sports, shooting has the potential to cause personal injury.
    "The proper wave to an e-biker is to raise your beer." [credit:'Baggsy@GTAM]

lol - boy you guys just make it easier and easier to prove my point of why some women don't like associating with you...Thanks!
    If you dont want to associate people that rather stand for themselves instead of ask for protection or run and hide then youre the one with the problem. We are on the internet......this has nothing to do with muscles or being bullied. It has to do with being mentally strong...... you fingers seem strong enough to push keys on your keyboard all day....so why do you need to run to a special section to seek protection. There is nothing anyone can say to me on the "internet" that would make me want to seek a special section to be kept away from such people........male or female. You must have self esteem issues....

Being made fun of here is the highlight of my day. Random girl talk is boring, bring on the insults & jokes it keeps my mind young trying to come up with snappy come backs.

GTAM = a big box. We do not live in the box, sticks & stones can't hurt us here.

If anyone mentions anything pertaining to a spoon and comebacks........
    There are some thing's better left unsaid, but you can bet your sweet a** I'm going to say them anyway.

All jokes aside, I know MULTIPLE girls that dropped there streetbikes 4+ times in a SINGLE season.

I can honestly say I don't know any males that have had the same "luck", yet. I'm not saying it's not possible, but I got 45,000K on mine and its never touched the ground (in gear anyways with me on it) and I am in no way a conservative rider.

There are some horrible female riders out there.
    BUT, there are some really good ones too. Although most of them can be found at the track

Meets just aren't the same without the ladies though, drama or no drama, we need them around so stop pissing them off guys
    Last edited by amp3d; 05-21-2009 at 01:31 PM.
    ** Thanks for being a part of the GTAM Ride for Sight Motorcycle Team! **
    "Is that the way they drive in Tiananmen Square, b!tch?" - Ari Gold, Entourage
    2007 GSXR750, 2005 CRF450X | Proud Member of the 2006-2008 ODSC! | Facebook me!

Quote Originally Posted by FiReSTaRT View Post
    If it mattered so little to you, you would not have been attempting to address each and every one of my posts almost before I hit the Post button.
    To me this is a big issue not because of any gender issues, but because it is an errosion of the rider community.
    I see that some ladies see themselves more as members of a gender-community than the rider community. For you, it would be more appropriate to go to a "girls-club" forum and open up a section for women that ride instead of trying to segment GTAM.

*Sigh* honestly, you haven't read a thing I have posted have you?

as I've stated a few times before - I'm simply being the voice for some women here as I have gotten many PM's from them telling me what I've tried to pass on to you.

oh and also, as I've stated a few times before - I don't care for a womens only section

lol I'm not the one creating anything - the women who don't want to post this idea because they don't want to deal with guys like you all up in their **** about it

Personally - you want a guys section have it!
    Harley section have that too!
    SS section do it up!
    Track section do it!!
    Cruiser do that too!

Why are you still talking?

Quote Originally Posted by reciprocity View Post
    that's cold, lol.
    Take it easy on the new members!

There are some horrible female riders out there.
    BUT, there are some really good ones too. Although most of them can be found at the track
    Yes and there are some REALLY bad male riders too - working in Emergency Services I know this first hand.

Quote Originally Posted by reciprocity View Post

Have I said something that has offended you? If so my apologies

There are some thing's better left unsaid, but you can bet your sweet a** I'm going to say them anyway.

Ninja911 in that case I'm speaking to them through you. I've already said what I have to say on the concept. And as for your personal statement....
    Personally - you want a guys section have it!
    Harley section have that too!
    SS section do it up!
    Track section do it!!
    Cruiser do that too!
    That's exactly what I'm trying to avoid!
    The Fizzer's up for sale http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...-600-2050-cert
    Unofficial GTAM chat! Click for the info http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...ad.php?t=91578
    Like many active sports, shooting has the potential to cause personal injury.
    "The proper wave to an e-biker is to raise your beer." [credit:'Baggsy@GTAM]

I havent done a survey or official investigation or anything but if I was a betting man I would think that percentage wise there are more bad female riders than there are male..........thats just the reality....not trying to be sexiest or anything

somebody call 911...

we have an EMERGENCYYyyyyyyy

Yes and there are some REALLY bad male riders too - working in Emergency Services I know this first hand.
    Yeah, you are probably right. Guys get too aggressive for their skill level, that is part of the problem with us. That is probably why so many of us end up getting killed.

The problem I see with female riders isn't so much the ability to handle the bike or ride it, rather the ability to be aware of what is going on around them.

I've had 2 gfs that I dated that had bikes, and I would almost describe them as having "tunnel vision". One specifically, was an amazing rider (racer actually) and it was a blast to ride with her, however I was always nervous to pass her. I could be RIGHT beside her, and she would have NO clue I was there or what was going on around her. She was extremely "focused" on the line in front of her rather than her surroundings.

Again, outstanding rider (now nationally ranked)...but do NOT pull up beside a female rider because they have the biggest blind spot you have ever seen!!

I remember riding about a year ago with an asian fella, and we were in Markham and we were getting most frusterated with drivers. I remember him stopping and saying to me "DAMNIT! What is wrong with us asain people? We are worst drivers in the world! My parents shouldn't even be allowed on the road! I laughed so hard I thought it was hilarious, but he was being pretty serious. It sucks, but sometimes you gotta be realistic, and I think most people feel more comfortable doing so online...which is why you females feel like you are being flamed!

(PS - I'm soo not hating on your 911, I'm just posting what I feel I've noticed in the past, I am not trying to offend anyone)
    Last edited by amp3d; 05-21-2009 at 01:45 PM.

If you dont want to associate people that rather stand for themselves instead of ask for protection or run and hide then youre the one with the problem. We are on the internet......this has nothing to do with muscles or being bullied. It has to do with being mentally strong...... you fingers seem strong enough to push keys on your keyboard all day....so why do you need to run to a special section to seek protection. There is nothing anyone can say to me on the "internet" that would make me want to seek a special section to be kept away from such people........male or female. You must have self esteem issues....
    First of all - insulting me personally, for something that I have repeatidly said isn't what I personally want, is really pathetic on your part. I assure you I have no issues with my self esteem, but then again, only someone hiding behind a computer screen would make such a ridiculous assumption.

Secondly - There are just as many terrible male drivers as there are female. The difference is you happen to notice the female ones more because you already have it in your head that most are a lost cause behind the wheel (or handle bars)

Again referencing my points to the fact I deal with mvc's everytime I'm work.
    Last edited by Ninja911; 05-21-2009 at 01:51 PM.

I havent done a survey or official investigation or anything but if I was a betting man I would think that percentage wise there are more bad female riders than there are male..........thats just the reality....not trying to be sexiest or anything
    From what i've seen in recent years I would bet against you with that poll.

Quote Originally Posted by 13lotusflowers View Post
    There's a difference between you joking around with someone you ride with and making fun of someone you've never met online...

Besides, you yourself might not be out to intimidate or insinuate women are bad riders, but there's people on here who have made many of remarks towards women who do just that... and I don't think that I've seen the same conversely...

I'm not sure I'd personally know what to put into a women only section but if there was a ride I felt like taking with just ladies, or posting about a women's event, I'd certainly use it then.

lol you're missing the point

half the fun is proving them wrong
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...