Guys Only Section - Page 5

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Guys Only Section

Re: Guys Only Section

Quote Originally Posted by squid pro quo View Post
    this is so true!
    every girl i ride with is tight and stiff and focused on the next 10 ft of pavement in front of her wheel.. that's it!!! ... see them in other groups too. .... in a way riding in a group keeps them 'safe' .. only have to focus on the rear tire of the rider in front ...

when i saw amp's comment it all makes sense and confirms all my observations.
    haha, thanks

And to further prove my point, tonight a bunch of us were out riding the hwys and a female was present. The leader was in a hurry to get us over to another meet, so we were moving at a pretty good pace and the group was forced to change lanes quite a few times. The girl in our group shocked me! Everytime she changed lanes she looked over her shoulder, checked her blind spot, signaled, and always made sure I wasn't in her way! At first I was hesitant to come up too close. I have a headset on with another rider, and that is the first thing he noticed! He was like wow, she's a really good rider! We would ride with her ANYDAY!

In fact, we actually confronted her about it later and she just laughed.
    Our jaws always drop when we see a strong female rider that is aware of her surroundings.

So don't get me wrong, there are good female riders out there, but its pretty rare that I can comfortably ride around them without having to use excess caution.

Sorry, that's just the way it is. Safety first, even if that means giving a female rider extra space!
    ** Thanks for being a part of the GTAM Ride for Sight Motorcycle Team! **
    "Is that the way they drive in Tiananmen Square, b!tch?" - Ari Gold, Entourage
    2007 GSXR750, 2005 CRF450X | Proud Member of the 2006-2008 ODSC! | Facebook me!

Reading this thread is like reading a trashy magazine, or watching a train wreck. I know it's not going anywhere and anything I read is just killing brain cells by the second, but somehow I just can't keep away from the ridiculous, yet entertaining drama.

Quote Originally Posted by reciprocity View Post
    I'm in.

but anyone that shows up has to be over 200lbs.
    cool i can be in this club!
    Knowledge Without Mileage is Useless

*worry about your own spelling not mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Resurrection View Post
    Haha I would love to see you on a ride with R1girl and Miss behavin, you would have your *** gift wrapped and handed to you on a platter.
    they can gift wrap my *** anyday
    Knowledge Without Mileage is Useless

*worry about your own spelling not mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjabunny View Post

.......And Pepper you can spank me any time.
    Fixed

Let them have their Girls only section
    I won't be in there so i couldn't care less what's talked about or what group rides are being arranged.

If it makes new Female members feel comfortable on the site
    Great

Plus they have Boobs
    I Like Boobs
    KODMONKY When you're Happy and you know it...SMILE

Quote Originally Posted by Hachi-Roku View Post
    Plus they have Boobs
    I Like Boobs
    LOL...would you like to have some time alone with my gel bra?

Quote Originally Posted by lil sushi View Post

yes!

Quote Originally Posted by reciprocity View Post
    yes!
    I'll bring the purple one to the next meet...it's all yours...and don't worry about ever returning it...i have no use for a sticky purple bra.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja911 View Post
    I just wouldn't want someone not posting a question or something in fear of being made fun of and such. It clearly happens at times on here.
    That has nothing to do with sex. Both Males and Females get made fun of (that is the internet...get used to it). That is why there is a newbie section.

when guys on this site get made fun of they have to take it. When girls on this site get made fun of they want their own section? give me a break.

If people (of either sex) used the search function before asking the same question for the millionth time I'm sure the backlash wouldn't happen.
    Last edited by AdRath; 05-22-2009 at 04:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lil sushi View Post
    Dibs on the panties

Stop using reasoning, haven't you learned yet, that simply doesn't work on the opposite sex. You should have learn that in women 101!

Quote Originally Posted by AdRath View Post
    That has nothing to do with sex. Both Males and Females get made fun of (that is the internet...get used to it). That is why there is a newbie section.

when guys on this site get made fun of they have to take it. When girls on this site get made fun of they want their own section? give me a break.

If people (of either sex) used the search function before asking the same question for the millionth time I'm sure the backlash wouldn't happen.
    SOAR Novice #113

Quote Originally Posted by Englishj View Post
    Dibs on the panties
    lol...sorry dude, those were already sold to a guy in Japan on Ebay...next auction I'll PM ya though.

Jesus freakin' Murphy, I haven't seen gender politics this entrenched on ANY other motorcycle message boards I lurk at!

This is pretty common when you're dealing with a traditionally male-dominated hobby or sport. Some women feel more comfortable at first seeking out other women at first, figuring that they probably have more in common and can relate better. Me....I tend to relate better to men anyways, so no skin off my shoulder either way. But I can see where they're coming from.

I personally don't feel the need for a women's only section, but I don't understand the uproar over it either. Many other boards already use it, and the women tend to post in all sections either way. No one gets their boxers/panties in a bunch. And if some guys want a guys-only section as some form of moral retaliation - go for it. It will probably be the same convo in there as it is in the General forum anyhoo.

Sorry...something I forgot to add:

If some of you guys think that women are too thin-skinned and can't take getting their feelings hurt.....haven't you SEEN what women put OTHER WOMEN through?? You have to have some serious thick skin for the sheer level of cattyness. Trust me, I know. I remember high school.
    Last edited by short stop; 05-25-2009 at 07:23 PM. Reason: grammar

Quote Originally Posted by short stop View Post
    Sorry...something I forgot to add:

If some of you guys think that women are too thin-skinned and can't take getting their feelings hurt.....haven't you SEEN what women put OTHER WOMEN through?? You have to have some serious thick skin for the sheer level of cattyness. Trust me, I know. I remember high school.
    Which is why I'm wondering how some of the posters can say guys are mean. Or, are we mean differently? I mean, I see it in my classroom all the time, it's pretty brutal. In the main, guys tend to beat on each other or question each other's sexuality. With women it's a lot more subtle. So you're saying that to even it out, we should be more subtle with our bullying? :P
    I'm sorry, I can't brain today. I have the dumb.

!!SAUSAGE!!! Had to say it. Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by Zed-X-Rex View Post
    !!SAUSAGE!!! Had to say it. Cheers.
    And of course, I have to say.....
    Bodymassage!
    I'm sorry, I can't brain today. I have the dumb.

Banned

is it official yet?