Guys Only Section

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Guys Only Section

Guys Only Section

Why don't we create a boys only club here? Any females get banned? And then we can start regional forums based on ethnicity. We could start up a Serbs only forum.. But why stop there? We have to segregate even more!!! Being born in Belgrade, I don't want to be associated with small-towner Serbs like Twig!!! Of course, every small region of every nation represented here would get their own. Ban all outsiders!!! Then we can have it broken up by gender and sexual orientation, combine with hobbies and GTAM will have tens of thousands of forums!!! Who's with me?

What I'm trying to say is stop trying to segregate us!!! We're all riders, whether we ride SS bikes, cruisers, play in the dirt, go nutts on the track, guys, gals, young, old, doesn't matter. If you want to exclude someone just because of their genitals, go to http://feministopenforum.com/ and have fun. If you want to find people to ride with, we have a great rides/hookups section.
    The Fizzer's up for sale http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...-600-2050-cert
    Unofficial GTAM chat! Click for the info http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...ad.php?t=91578
    Like many active sports, shooting has the potential to cause personal injury.
    "The proper wave to an e-biker is to raise your beer." [credit:'Baggsy@GTAM]

Re: Guys Only Section

agreee well said....

I've come to the conclusion to make this simple. Someone posts a ride...if you don't want to go on that ride - don't go. Is that difficult?

I've seen rides posted in every part of the city because riders these days don't want to ride past their local Timmies! I don't post complaining, I simply don't go on that ride.

Simple eh? try it!

We could stop the segrating, but then we;d have to stop the posting of rides in Markham, cause us Brampton folks might be bothered by it. (wouldn't wanna ride ALL the way to Markham for a ride!)
    "When you invite the whole world to your party, inevitably someone pees in the beer."

Visit Sponsors of GTAM!

Well there is a difference... If I post an Etobicoke ride, I won't exclude the High Park riders. If you are a Martian of the 9th gender coming from Pluto, you're more than welcome to tag with us as long as you have 2 wheels along a longitudal axis and an engine somewhere in between. And no, we don't pose at Timmies. We meet at the BMO parking lot, so we don't stay there for a long time. If another group wants to meet somewhere along the route and they post in advance, there are no issues with making the arrangements to fit them in.
    Unofficial GTAM chat! Click for the info http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...ad.php?t=91578

And all they are doing is looking for other riders - no one has posted a "Girls Only" ride that I saw!

Quote Originally Posted by FiReSTaRT View Post
    Well there is a difference... If I post an Etobicoke ride, I won't exclude the High Park riders. If you are a Martian of the 9th gender coming from Pluto, you're more than welcome to tag with us as long as you have 2 wheels along a longitudal axis and an engine somewhere in between. And no, we don't pose at Timmies. We meet at the BMO parking lot, so we don't stay there for a long time. If another group wants to meet somewhere along the route and they post in advance, there are no issues with making the arrangements to fit them in.
    "When you invite the whole world to your party, inevitably someone pees in the beer."

Visit Sponsors of GTAM!

To the OP: If you want ladies to ride with post up in the rides section, however even then males that have no respect and can't read "ladies only" will post, and perhaps show up at rides...they can't help it, some have no manners.
    Maggie's really welcoming to the Y chromosome The reason I got my dirty boxers in a bunch is that they started talking about doing a separate girls-only section of the forum. One of the things I love about this place is that every section's open to every kind of bike, ethnicity, age, gender, location etc etc etc. If we start creating segragated sections, that will severely damage the community spirit. The mere suggestion has already created a decent amount of stink.

You're a girl, you ride a bike, we get it.

You're not that unique

How bout rides for vertically challanged men only?

Whose in with me?

I'm in.

but anyone that shows up has to be over 200lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by reciprocity View Post
    I'm in.

but anyone that shows up has to be over 200lbs.
    As wide as they are tall.

The square boys ride.

The Twisties around Creemore on a '07 SV650S or on the Track on a '03 R6

Quote Originally Posted by Englishj View Post
    As wide as they are tall.

The square boys ride.
    I'll qualify soon.
    Seems I'm only doing rides involving Ice Cream lately

As I posted before, I'm looking for girls to ride with. I am not opposed to riding with guys at all. But since posting I have had MANY female riders PM me telling me that they are looking to ride with other girls but never post anything because of the drama. Perhaps there is an intimidation factor some of you boys put out there? Defining that woman riders are "slow, take bicycle turns and leave their signals on" im sure doesn't help. Even tho it's all in good fun, it can at times be intimidating for some. Hense the idea of a womans only section where women don't have to worry about things they post. Or worry about being made fun of, or discriminated against because they are a "woman with a bike and have something to prove". Just my opinion, as I am a woman, and have seen many responses to posts about women.

However, I have heard from a few of you guys on here and I appreciate the warm welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja911 View Post
    However, I have heard from a few of you guys on here and I appreciate the warm welcome!

You're a new member so i won't make a comment on the above

As I posted before, I'm looking for girls to ride with. I am not opposed to riding with guys at all. But since posting I have had MANY female riders PM me telling me that they are looking to ride with other girls but never post anything because of the drama. Perhaps there is an intimidation factor some of you boys put out there? Defining that woman riders are "slow, take bicycle turns and leave their signals on" im sure doesn't help. Even tho it's all in good fun, it can at times be intimidating for some. Hense the idea of a womans only section where women don't have to worry about things they post. Or worry about being made fun of, or discriminated against because they are a "woman with a bike and have something to prove". Just my opinion, as I am a woman, and have seen many responses to posts about women.

personally i think the ladies section is a good idea. for many of the reasons mentioned above. I have seen it work on other forums and although I was never able to see any of the posts in those sections, I'm sure they were filled with discussions of slumber parties and pillow fights!

To me, it's a way of segragating the rider community. Some of the same people who ridiculed posters of ethnicity-specific rides are all gung-ho about gender-specific sections of the forum. I don't see a difference.

bout women.

Ninja we all applaud (standing "O") your starting efforts speaking out for the fairer sex here on GTAM. But knowing GTAM, it was not surprising that you got a warm hand upon your entrance.

Quote Originally Posted by chinto View Post
    personally i think the ladies section is a good idea. for many of the reasons mentioned above. I have seen it work on other forums and although I was never able to see any of the posts in those sections, I'm sure they were filled with discussions of slumber parties and pillow fights!
    ... wha did someone say slumber parties and pillow fights?
    www.thetoyhauler.ca
    Inferno is the new GTAM P.I.M.P.

Being half female I just wanted to stick my nose in (as apparently we're prone to doing) and say I'm against a women's only section.

I've now completed my daily "annoy people" quota.
    There are some thing's better left unsaid, but you can bet your sweet a** I'm going to say them anyway.

Resurrection

Quote Originally Posted by infernobuster View Post
    ... wha did someone say slumber parties and pillow fights?
    NOOOOOOOO don't go there. I remember the pics you posted from your last firemen slumber party, I was scarred for life

+1. I'm totally fine with girls and guys having some separate sections so they can talk about whatever they each talk about... we know that each sex do have differences in conversation topics and mannerisims and there's nothing wrong with being able to have an area to talk freely. There's other forums I'm a member of that this works very well... people aren't forced to participate in threads they don't want to. I don't see the harm in having a section for each sex.. and if someone doesn't like it, they don't have to go in it... where's the harm.
    Janice