Return of the TURTLE (Cam)

Thread: Return of the TURTLE (Cam)

Return of the TURTLE (Cam)

Hello everyone:

Here are a few samples from recent SOAR activity at TMP. This is a great series! If you haven't been out yet, plan on it. The next event is June 12-14, 2009.

Sample Galleries from the S.O.A.R. Practice Day and the First Race Day are available at our web site. Please stop by and have a look.

Thanks... Don
    Last edited by cutekill; 09-11-2009 at 11:48 AM.
    ROYAL IMAGES - Official SOAR Photographer
    www.RoyalImages.ca (416) 418-8861

Re: Track Day Photography

Hey Guys and Gals:

I just got a smokin' deal on some nice 11" x 14" photo frames, so here is what I can do for delivery at the next SOAR event.

If you order before June 5th, I can give you a framed 8.5" x 11" print, fully corrected and adjusted for $28.50, tax included.

The larger frame leaves a nice white border around the photo, a little over an inch wide. The frame itself is glossy black and narrow, so it doesn't distract from your track 'presence'.

If you'd rather an 11" x 14" print in the same frame, that would be $50, tax in. These are ready to hang or show off to your admirers!

Thanks... Don

very nice photos Don =)

+1 and a real nice deal on the pics also

Special Photo Session at Upcoming SOAR Event

After discussion with a few riders and Ken, we are going to run a special photo session after the SOAR activities at TMP on Saturday, June 13. This is going to be limited to ten or twelve riders, so leave me a PM if you are interested in participating.

While your bike and the track are still warm, we're going to set up some gear in one of the corners to do some "turtle" shots. Basically, I'll mount a camera in the apex of a turn, very close to the track and about 6 inches off the ground. When you come by, we'll get you leaning into the turn like nobody has before.

This should be a lot of fun! Ken has been very supportive of this, so we're going to try and do something new and different for each SOAR event this year.

Don

SOAR Event 2 Highlights

All the highlights from last weekend's events at TMP are now up on the Royal Images web site. Stop by and check out the Saturday morning practice runs, the 3-hour Enduro that afternoon and the heat races from Sunday.

In there you'll also find some of the results of our "turtle cam" photo shoot. Everyone had a ball and got a complimentary souvenir pic. Here's a taste of what we were able to do.

So, what are we going to do at the next event? Well, I've got a couple of things in mind, but I need to check out some stuff first. Don't worry... it'll be cool.

See you at the track!

Don

SOAR Event 3 Special Photoshoot

Special Photoshoot: "Buzz the Tower"

Now scheduled for early Sunday morning at the upcoming SOAR event, we will again have a special photoshoot with Royal Images. Early morning sun is among the best conditions for photos. This should be spectacular!

"Rolling shots" are a staple of automotive photography are we're going to make it work for bikes as well. Rolling shots are done from a moving vehicle on the track.

In our case, Ken will be driving a pickup truck with the photographer in back. Ken is well-versed in this kind of driving from past experience with ambulance work (from the front seat, not the back).

Participating riders will follow the truck, which will continually be off the racing line, choosing their moment to approach and pass. As before, high speeds are not necessary but the rider must continually be aware of their closing speed on the truck.

Given the size of the track at TMP, this is essentially an open call, but we will cap the participation at twenty riders... more for time reasons that anything else.

If you want to get on board with this opportunity, email Don - don@RoyalImages.ca

As before, all participants will receive a complimentary photo print from the session. If you purchase your image disc for the event, these photos will be included at no additional cost.

--

Re: SOAR Event 2 Highlights

Hey All:

Highlights from SOAR Event #3 are now available at:

http://www.RoyalImages.com

These are not all the photos that were taken, but highlights from the weekend. If you are interested in seeing all the shots for a particular rider, just let me know and we can email you the thumbnail versions from the weekend.

Best regards... Don

exactly where on your website are they??
    BUY MY BIKE!
    2007 Honda CRF 150R Big Wheel Supermoto with dirt wheels, $3600

Our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we oft might win by fearing to attempt. - William Shakespare

Quote Originally Posted by Blackie View Post
    exactly where on your website are they??
    haha...Don, must be sleeping still...he gave the wrong website...try www.royalimages.ca

Quote Originally Posted by chinto View Post
    haha...Don, must be sleeping still...he gave the wrong website...try www.royalimages.ca
    D'oh... Repeat to self... I am Canadian. I AM Canadian!

Thanks

Return of the turtle-cam!

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

SOAR Event #4 - Special Photoshoot

RETURN OF THE TURTLE-CAM!

Well, our inaugural special photoshoot was a thundering success and there's a big THANK-YOU for everyone that participated. You might not be overly surprised if I mention that I didn't put my first line equipment in harm's way for that experiment. That was my backup gear sitting on the track.

With the results that were generated and the learning that was accomplished, I'm ready to bet that none of you will crash the equipment and end our weekends early. So, for SOAR's August event we're going to do all it over again, but with a top-line camera and lens in place. The results will be significantly improved.

The final schedule for the event will determine where on the track we'll be shooing from, but that'll all be covered prior to the event. As before, breakneck speeds are not required and we'll do everything we can to ensure the best possible conditions for you.

Now that we've got a good idea of procedure and timing, I think we can open this photoshoot to twenty riders. Send a email to don@royalimages.ca to reserve your spot. This time around, we're going to ask all participants to make a $10 donation to the SORE fund in order to participate.

As before, you'll receive a complimentary 4" x 6" print from the session and, if you order a disc from the event, these shots will be included at no additional charge.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

SOAR Event 4 Highlights

Highlight photos from SOAR Event 4 are now available on our web site. While the challenging weather delayed the return of the Turtle-Cam, it is persistent and will make an appearance at the next event. Visit: http://www.RoyalImages.ca

Return of the Turtle

The Turtle loves all SOAR participants. Because of this, we have been able to coax the Turtle out for both Saturday and Sunday of this weekend's event. No need for a special appointment or photo shoot. The Turtle will be roaming the grounds both days in search of that special shot.

You'll never know where he is or where he's looking but he's got you in his sights. The Turtle (Cam) welcomes all SOAR Newbies, Virgins and Femmes to the weekend's events. Stop by and say hello... if you can find him.

The Twisties around Creemore on a '07 SV650S or on the Track on a '03 R6

Re: Return of the TURTLE (Cam)

Don, Did you have the turtle cam out there ?

Re: Return of the TURTLE (Cam)

Quote Originally Posted by CBRJOHN View Post
    Don, Did you have the turtle cam out there ?
    Unfortunately, the Turtle died on Saturday.

He'll be back next year...