R.I.P. - Pickering - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: R.I.P. - Pickering

Re: R.I.P. - Pickering

Quote Originally Posted by hoodmeister View Post
    Saw a bunch of cops Altona and Pinegrove at 11:00 pm. Cruiser was in the opposite lane and he was pronounced dead at the scene. A car turned in front of him because they didnt see him. RIP and my thoughts go out to his family.
    Keep it safe out there.
    R.I.P.

OMG ... it has been at least 2 per week in GTA since April. That's just what I see in the posts here.

Ride Aware started by Sean is AMAZING.
    let's add to that our own sensibilities in RIDING SAFELY.

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/article/634789

Man, 21, killed in motorcycle crash

May 15, 2009 08:58 AM

A 21-year-old Scarborough man is dead after being struck while riding his motorcycle in Pickering Thursday night.
    The man was riding his Honda motorcycle southbound on Altona Rd. at Pine Grove Ave. when he was hit by a Kia Sephia making a left turn from northbound Altona onto Pine Grove.
    The driver was pronounced dead at the scene. The driver of the Kia was not injured.
    The road was closed for several hours while police investigated.

R.i.p.

Yours To Discover. New Techno Old School Retro. The Yamaha FZ1.

Here's another News article but this one is alleging the bike slammed into the car...
    http://www.newsdurhamregion.com/news...article/126389
    PICKERING -- A Scarborough man is dead after his motorcycle slammed into a car in Pickering Thursday night.
    The 21-year-old rider, who hasn’t yet been identified, died at the scene of the crash on Altona Road near Pine Grove Avenue, Durham police said. Investigators said the motorcycle rider was southbound on Altona at about 9:30 p.m. when he collided with a Kia Sephia that was turning left onto Pine Grove.

The driver of the Kia, a 29-year-old Pickering woman, wasn’t injured. Police closed the road for several hours to investigate the crash.

Witnesses are asked to call police at 905-579-1520, ext. 5213.

R.I.P... My thoughts, prayers & condolences are sent out to the family!!!

Please come out and support the Ride on Sunday! Over 200 riders expected.. let's get the Road Awarenss word out, this is getting ridiculous! I had a guy try to run me off the road the other night intentionally! We need some serious rallying and it's up to us to do it!

www.roadawareness.ca
    ~ Suzuki Girl ~

R.I.P.

Very sad to hear this news

Getting screwed by our insurance companys!

God dammit why cant these P.O.S cage drivers be the one being killed for there stupidity for once! That way when they go to heaven god can ask them why are you here? They can awnser because i was stupid er i didnt see him cause i didnt look! R.I.P rider!!!

This riders name was Chris B, he was an ex of a good friend of mine. RIP, my prayers are with him and his family. This is so sad and tragic! I cant believe how many retard drivers I am seeing on the road now. This year seems so much worse for some reason, so many people not paying attention. Not only are people on their phones, but now texting is so much more commen now and when people can't drive to begin with it makes it way more dangerous! I have been riding for a while now and have lost a few friends from riding over the years, but in this past year the number is just sickening. Safe riding to all.
    05 GSXR1000 Ltd. Edition all Back
    92 GSXR1100 All Black
    86 GSXR1100 All Red Sold
    96 Camaro Z28SS Blk/Blk
    72 Chevelle SS 454 Blk/Blk

Rip
    Ride smart.... live to ride another day

Rip

R.i.p

Rip

MikeBudd

This is the brother of the victim in this case. His name is Christopher Budd. Thank you all for the condolences.

No conclusions have been drawn by the authorities yet [that we have been informed of] as the case is still under investigation. However, based on what we saw at the scene of the incident, the driver of the Kia attempted to make her left turn at the last minute, ending up right in the path of my brother. He slammed into the front passenger corner of her vehicle (which was pretty much exactly where the driver would be in a southbound car - exactly where riders are suggested to stay in a lane).

The personal opinion of a police officer from Scarborough suggested that the driver of the Kia was blatantly at fault.

A Facebook group was created in his memory and can be found here:
    http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/gr...3667345&ref=ts
    Last edited by MikeBudd; 05-17-2009 at 09:47 PM.

Sorry for your loss.
    Condolences to you and your family.

rip...

Mike, sorry to hear about your loss. I teach at SATEC, and all of Chris' teachers heard the news this morning. It's terrible, I'm so sorry to hear it.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeBudd View Post
    This is the brother of the victim in this case. His name is Christopher Budd. Thank you all for the condolences.

No conclusions have been drawn by the authorities yet [that we have been informed of] as the case is still under investigation. However, based on what we saw at the scene of the incident, the driver of the Kia attempted to make her left turn at the last minute, ending up right in the path of my brother. He slammed into the front passenger corner of her vehicle (which was pretty much exactly where the driver would be in a southbound car - exactly where riders are suggested to stay in a lane).

The personal opinion of a police officer from Scarborough suggested that the driver of the Kia was blatantly at fault.

I'm sorry, I can't brain today. I have the dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeBudd View Post

Sorry to hear about your loss. This year isnt starting off on a good note, we lost way to many riders and we havent even hit the summer yet.

You and your family have my condolences.
    2010 Daytona 675

Dale

Unhappy Re: R.I.P. - Pickering

This is a copy of a letter I wrote to my local newspaper. If nothing else, maybe it will make people aware that there are bikes on the road too...

My handsome 21 year-old nephew was killed in a motorcycle accident on May 14th. He was out for a leisurely ride in Pickering after dinner when a car made a left turn in front of him and he died at the scene. He was a fine young man with the world at his feet. He respected his bike and he respected the rules of the road. Now, just by a driver perhaps not paying attention, not seeing him, or merely in too big of a hurry, a family is left the grieve this devastating loss. My sister and her family have lost a son and a brother. The rest of us have lost a beloved grandson, a nephew, a cousin and a very dear friend. Seeing hundreds of family and friends at his standing room only funeral recently was heartbreaking to say the least.

According to the Durham Region Police Services website, that same week there were two other fatalities involving motorcycles in Durham region alone! Now that the nice weather is upon us, it is up to every one of us to be aware that there are other vehicles on the road, and not just our own.

Nothing is ever going to bring Chris back to his family and friends and it will be a tremendous loss that we will feel for a long time. I pray that nobody else has to lose a loved one to a tragic accident such as the one that claimed Chris so I beg of you...please pay attention to all the vehicles around you. Everyone has a much right to be on the road as you do. Nobody should ever have to get the police knocking on the door delivering this kind of news.

Rest in Peace, Chris. You will be missed.

gsxr_gurl18

Beautifully written. I'm very sorry for your loss. Thank you for helping spread the word to watch for motorcycles.

Thanks for sharing. I am sorry for your loss. God Bless.
    ~~I rather be riding my bike & thinkin of GOD than sitting in Gurdwara thinkin of my bike!!

03 SV1000s
    02 SV650s
    02 SV650s project - LF: any parts. PM pls. Thnx!
    Sold 2001 Ninja 500r