Techniques to work on? - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Techniques to work on?

Re: Techniques to work on?

Quote Originally Posted by franz131 View Post
    They're "slow" and our "slow" are not nearly the same thing.

I got my race license in 1986 on Shannonville Nelson track (when it was a 6 corner kart track) and 23 years later I'm still scared on the way into T5. The only difference is that I lap 15+ seconds faster now.
    Amen.
    Me too. Only I am not nearly as old as you. I got mine in 87 Remember when we came out of 5 on the pin going straight into 6 (now 7) looking at a concrete wall before you would brake and hope for the best?

Quote Originally Posted by kneedragger88 View Post
    Only I am not nearly as old as you.
    Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight

Sure, you're not.
    "I think you'll like Mat Mladin--if he's on your side. If he's not on your side--you don't like Mat Mladin." - Bob Hanna
    http://www.goloracing.com

Ladies,

Take your knitting circle chat to morse code or smoke signals please!

Quote Originally Posted by reciprocity View Post
    There is nothing wrong with the throttle on your bike, this is a big issue with new racers, spending money to fix things that are not broken.

Your bike works fine as is, learn to ride it as is, the throttle change will not help you at all.

Well looks like you were right once again! Who knew that the frontend on a 600 likes coming up at full throttle coming out of corners! This bike is starting to get fun...

I started applying some of Franz advice this past weekend, in picking brake markers and getting on the throttle. I definitely still need allot of work on getting off the brakes earlier than I normally would but it's coming. Thanks for the great advise guys, set my best laps ever this past weekend. (And I still have the giggles)

Quote Originally Posted by reciprocity View Post
    There is nothing wrong with the throttle on your bike, this is a big issue with new racers, spending money to fix things that are not broken.

Your bike works fine as is, learn to ride it as is, the throttle change will not help you at all.
    SOAR Novice #113