Bizarre parking ticket - code 337 - Page 3

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bizarre parking ticket - code 337

Re: Bizarre parking ticket - code 337

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndderivative View Post
    Hi,

I park my bike behind Mt Sinai Hospital, on Murray Street - there is a space off the sidewalk that is the regular parking spot for bikes in that area. Today, for the first time, I found a ticket stuck in my seat, saying that I had been issued a 50 dollar fine for:

Code No. 337

Unauthorized parking on boulevard.

So my questions are:

1) Why are bikes all of a sudden being ticketed here, and;
    2) More importantly, what boulevard?

I have no intention of paying this fine - what steps do you recommend I take? I've noticed on some other threads that faxing a letter to the parking authority stating your concern can result in cancellation of the ticket. Should I try this?
    I got the same ticket on Friday, for parking at Ryerson where for years I've seen bikes park. Oh well it happens... and I'm probably taking mine to court, hoping that it gets tossed

Being creative and considerate with parking got me ticketed as well.
    Since then I take best full spot I can find and do
    not think about it. Common sense around here
    can only get you in trouble...

Quote Originally Posted by Duster929 View Post
    Edit: In any case, I've stopped using these parking spots and other areas "traditionally" used by motorcycles. In the past I've thought that keeping a motorcycle out of a car parking spot was a courtesy to car drivers, who have a tougher time finding a spot. I always thought it was inconsiderate to occupy a rare car spot for a motorbike, and that's why some "alternative" spots were tolerated. I've learned the hard way that courtesy or common sense just gets you a ticket. I always take a street spot or a full parking lot spot these days, and I don't feel bad about it.

Meter maids will also show up where they are not wanted. My neighbors have been trying to institute permit parking on my street for years (doesn't affect me as I have plenty of driveway space) and are still jumping through the hoops. It's an old neighborhood with driveways that can usually only accomodate one car. Married couples are generally screwed and don't even get me started on those with teenage kids.
    Well meter maids are always there to nail them for parking during prohibited hours or for exceeding the 3 hour limit. One of my neighbors got slapped with 2 tickets for the same offense in 2 minutes. When I warned a few of my neighbors about meter maids chalking their tires, the meter maids stopped in front of my house and started staring me down. I stared back with a beatific smile on my face. I guess they didn't want to trespass on my property to deal with a healthy young male whose tank-top was showing plenty of ink
    The Fizzer's up for sale http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...-600-2050-cert
    Unofficial GTAM chat! Click for the info http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...ad.php?t=91578
    Like many active sports, shooting has the potential to cause personal injury.
    "The proper wave to an e-biker is to raise your beer." [credit:'Baggsy@GTAM]