2009 yzf r1

Thread: 2009 yzf r1

2009 yzf r1

I am VERY SERIOUSLY considering trading my bike in for the 09 R1. Does anyone have one on here? I went in to snow city cycle and the guy said that there were only 6 of the colour I want left in Ontario (guess I need to move fast). I have heard the Akropovic and Graves exhaust on this bike but both are crazy expensive anyone know of a brand that would be a little more affordable but makes a sweet sound?
    Thx
    2008 Yamaha YZF R6
    Hindle Full system with Carbon Fiber can
    Power Commander III

Re: 2009 yzf r1

Hindle should have an exhaust available for it!

Banned

Gonna drop 17k on a new R1 and then cheap out on a crappy exhaust? You sure you can even afford that bike?

it takes at least 6 months for more aftermarket alterations to be available.

Don't want cheap. Just not looking to spend almost 3k on them.
    2008 Yamaha YZF R6
    Power Commander III

Banned

If you just want the sound stop looking at full systems. Get a pair of slipon pipes and you won't have to drop 3k. Should be able to find a set of Akras for under $1300ish this summer no problem.

The best part is ANYONE can slide the back on the gas on the back and not high-side!!! Call me so I can watch..
    "We must make an idol of our fear, and call it god." - Antonius Block

That is definately something to consider, I would have to research that some more. That is what I did on my R6 only to find out later that adding the slippon did not remove the catalytic converter, so it gave a nicer sound but was almost as quiet as the stock exhaust.
    2008 Yamaha YZF R6
    Power Commander III

dealer probably give u like 7k for ur r6 if u trade in... but i could wrong.
    only few left in ont huh? which color is it? same sales pitch they pulled when i visited a certain yammy dealer lol. coworker chose it after testriding all 4 jap litre ss. he didnt like colors being offered in canada so he painted pearl wht. he simply loves it. gl

i wonder how much jump in insurance it will be from r6 to r1.

Quote Originally Posted by danding View Post
    dealer probably give u like 7k for ur r6 if u trade in... but i could wrong.
    only few left in ont huh? which color is it? same sales pitch they pulled when i visited a certain yammy dealer lol. coworker chose it after testriding all 4 jap litre ss. he didnt like colors being offered in canada so he painted pearl wht. he simply loves it. gl
    I told the salesman that I would need at least 8k for my bike (he didn't seem to think that would be an issue). I want the yellow/black. He said it turned out to be the most popular colour.
    2008 Yamaha YZF R6
    Power Commander III

Quote Originally Posted by 08R6
    ...did not remove the catalytic converter, so it gave a nicer sound but was almost as quiet as the stock exhaust.
    Did you hear my exhaust with the cats out and still the factory muffler (complete with servo valve)? Makes it louder, but not insane. Not sure how it'd sound with your slip-on, can I borrow it?

http://www.gigasize.com/get.php?d=b6785gg9lxd

Exhaust sounds in Video002 at 29:07, 43:15 , 59:57

-Jamie M.
    Scarborough group ride 4.0! Every Sunday, 1:30, Timmies at KC!!! Facebook group!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ItIsWhatItIs View Post
    In any case what difference does it make where you reduce the amount of teeth in a sprocket, front or rear? The effect will be the same. Most change the front sprocket because it's easier to source that sprocket. It's apparent, sprockets are not your strong suit.
    ^^^ OMG ROFL!!! ^^^

Dress for the crash, not for the ride...

Quote Originally Posted by mr.fizz View Post
    i wonder how much jump in insurance it will be from r6 to r1.
    I got the quote today. I will be switching insurance companies, but I currently pay $1836/year for the R6 and I will be paying $2232/year for the R1. These prices are only due to the 2 speeding tickets I have. It will drop when they are gone
    2008 Yamaha YZF R6
    Power Commander III

What company is that quote with?

-Jamie M.
    Scarborough group ride 4.0! Every Sunday, 1:30, Timmies at KC!!! Facebook group!!
    In any case what difference does it make where you reduce the amount of teeth in a sprocket, front or rear? The effect will be the same. Most change the front sprocket because it's easier to source that sprocket. It's apparent, sprockets are not your strong suit.
    ^^^ OMG ROFL!!! ^^^

Quote Originally Posted by toysareforboys View Post
    What company is that quote with?

-Jamie M.
    State farm.
    2008 Yamaha YZF R6
    Power Commander III

I plan on getting the 09 r1 but not until next year or the year after when the prices become reasonable. Im not paying 17k for a bike.

Hmmm. Were the tickets in a car or on the bike? Did you tell them you were going to insure a car with them too? How old r u?

-Jamie M.
    ^^^ OMG ROFL!!! ^^^

Quote Originally Posted by toysareforboys View Post
    Hmmm. Were the tickets in a car or on the bike? Did you tell them you were going to insure a car with them too? How old r u?

-Jamie M.
    The tickets are in a car (never gotten a ticket on a bike). There was 2 plans that I could move into. Plan "A" being the cheapest, requires a clean driving record and a car with state farm as well. Plan "B", the one I'll be in is for bike only without a clean record. I am 35 years old and had my "M" since 1992
    2008 Yamaha YZF R6
    Power Commander III

Hmmm. Thinking you were talking to the wrong State Farm agent. With those specs, and 3 tickets, I was $1,920/yr for a 09 R1 with FULL coverage. My 08 R6 is $1,356/yr.

Call this girl please. Tell her YOU HAVE NO CAR. Ken the Firefighter sent you. http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...169#post883169

Let me know what she quotes plz.

-Jamie M.
    ^^^ OMG ROFL!!! ^^^