Mid-Ohio July - Page 2

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Mid-Ohio July

Re: Mid-Ohio July

Quote Originally Posted by infernobuster View Post
    I meant ownership. I have an ownership, but never transferred it in my name since the bike was a write off from insurance.
    Just to be safe, I would get it transferred into your name legally. This way on crossing the border, either way, there won't be any issue for them to look into. Think of them asking and you trying to explain that 'It IS my bike sir'. As a guard, they would be inclined to pursue the matter to make sure it isn't stolen. If you know what I mean.

I'm just thinking they'd call the ministry or the cops to see if it was stolen and if it wasn't then they'd probably not care.

In years past I'd be the first one to go through then they'd see a few other guys with bikes and they'd just ask a couple of questions and wave us through. Inferno - I'm running Dunlop 209s, so they're not exactly great in the wet either. The nice thing about a double day is that you have a 2nd chance of getting a nice day if it rains one day.

Mississauga ('08 ZX-14 Street, '02 GSXR750 Track))

Hey, I heard from R1Girl and she may be joining us.
    DVS in name....DVS in nature.....

Link to track day pics

Link to track day vids

On Yahoo Video

On Vimeo

Quote Originally Posted by Metastable View Post
    Inferno - I'm running Dunlop 209s, so they're not exactly great in the wet either. The nice thing about a double day is that you have a 2nd chance of getting a nice day if it rains one day.
    I'm in luck. Getting wet at Mosport made me buy a new set of rains. Really good deal, otherwise I would not have....No down time, regardless, for this puppy this year.

Quote Originally Posted by DVS View Post
    Hey, I heard from R1Girl and she may be joining us.
    Kewl.....

Good Stuff - we should get our rides down sorted. Anyone know if Alpine has officially booked in?

Quote Originally Posted by Metastable View Post
    Good Stuff - we should get our rides down sorted. Anyone know if Alpine has officially booked in?
    Yes, Alpine is in.

I'm still workin' on getting the 3 bike trailer. I'll let you know as soon as I can confirm.

Good stuff, I hear Rahul and a few others are thinking of heading down for the Tuesday, Wednesday. The Wednesday is an LED day so a bit of a different format that what we're going to have.

We might have a HUGE Canadian contingent there on the Tuesday.
    Last edited by Metastable; 06-21-2009 at 09:46 PM.

Was talking to DVS tonight and forgot. I'm putting a hitch on the wife's Accadia. If you want, DVS, I can set my trailer up for two bikes. I know it is plenty strong for that haul. With the SUV, it'll be easier towing. Plus the extra room to carry gear. It's a 7 seater. Fold down the back seats and lots of storage. Extra tires, gas cans in the trailer as it has sides. My ramp is hinged in the middle of the trailer, but once the bikes are on, they can be slid over . I only have the single side exhaust so that will give more room than last time. (Shanny highside)

Hey guys, this sounds like a great time. How many people are going?

Quote Originally Posted by cola_fiend2003 View Post
    Was talking to DVS tonight and forgot. I'm putting a hitch on the wife's Accadia. If you want, DVS, I can set my trailer up for two bikes. I know it is plenty strong for that haul. With the SUV, it'll be easier towing. Plus the extra room to carry gear. It's a 7 seater. Fold down the back seats and lots of storage. Extra tires, gas cans in the trailer as it has sides. My ramp is hinged in the middle of the trailer, but once the bikes are on, they can be slid over . I only have the single side exhaust so that will give more room than last time. (Shanny highside)
    I'm game either way Cola, I'm set with my car as I had a tranny cooler installed. But, the extra space does sound appealing.

Yes, I heard from Alpine and he said he's confirmed. I assume that to mean that he's booked.

R1Girl, there's currently 6 of us going in this group, 7 counting you. Of the six 4 needs to be back on Tuesday July 21. Cola and I are staying over and coming back Wednesday July 22.

Currently we have a couple of rooms, if you're committed let me know and I'll book another room. If you don't mind sharing we can split the 7 between the 3 rooms. With Elky's help we've been able to get an awesome price on rooms something like $50CDN per night.

I'll need to know if you're thinking of heading back Tuesday night or Wednesday morning.

How are you set for hauling your bike down there?

Link to track day pics

Link to track day vids

On Yahoo Video

On Vimeo

Quote Originally Posted by DVS View Post
    I'm game either way Cola, I'm set with my car as I had a tranny cooler installed. But, the extra space does sound appealing.

Yes, I heard from Alpine and he said he's confirmed. I assume that to mean that he's booked.

R1Girl, there's currently 6 of us going in this group, 7 counting you. Of the six 4 needs to be back on Tuesday July 21. Cola and I are staying over and coming back Wednesday July 22.

Currently we have a couple of rooms, if you're committed let me know and I'll book another room. If you don't mind sharing we can split the 7 between the 3 rooms. With Elky's help we've been able to get an awesome price on rooms something like $50CDN per night.

I'll need to know if you're thinking of heading back Tuesday night or Wednesday morning.

How are you set for hauling your bike down there?
    Thanks for the info, DVS. Are you and Cola doing another track day on the Wednesday as well? I could be talked into that too! I guess I better check out these track days and make sure they aren't full yet!

What hotel are you staying at? It will be me +1, so I guess we'll be a group of 8 for Monday and Tuesday. We have a truck for hauling the bikes, so that's not a problem.

I was reading earlier in the thread about the garage. Can we share in that with you guys if there is enough room?

Quote Originally Posted by R1girl View Post
    Thanks for the info, DVS. Are you and Cola doing another track day on the Wednesday as well? I could be talked into that too! I guess I better check out these track days and make sure they aren't full yet!

What hotel are you staying at? It will be me +1, so I guess we'll be a group of 8 for Monday and Tuesday. We have a truck for hauling the bikes, so that's not a problem.

I was reading earlier in the thread about the garage. Can we share in that with you guys if there is enough room?
    Unfortunately, if I tried squeezing in another track day on Wednesday my wife would kill me. LOL

We're just staying over because I've done the 6hrs drive home after a full track day and it wasn't pleasant.

We're staying at the Travelodge here.

http://www.travelodge.com/Travelodge...7&brandInfo=TL

Call the central reservation number though, the hotel wanted to charge me alot more.

With regards to the garage, I believe we're at the max that it'll hold. I would suggest grabbing a garage as well and if we request them close to each other we could split the group.

Yes, I would look at getting booked, it'll fill up.

Link to track day pics

Link to track day vids

On Yahoo Video

On Vimeo

Ya I'd suggest trying to get another garage. 6 is doable but tight, 4 and 4, side by side would be perfect. Plus we might have Twitch showing up so that would be 9! The garages have power if you guys use tire warmers you don't have to worry about bringing a generator. Also as far as the days go, we are all set just to do the 2 days (Monday + Tuesday). It is 195 each day, but you get a break for doing two days in a row. The Wednesday is an LED day (Limited Endurance Day... I think that is what it stands for) which means you get more tracktime, but it also costs $260 and I don't think you get a discount. Also just so you and your +1 are aware, Intermediate and Advanced are a trackday, but beginner is an actual school.... but you don't pay more for it. Intermediate at Mid-Ohio we have found to be a wide range of riders from guys/girls that have done 1 track school to peeps that should be racing. If you are on the faster end of a Pro6 Intermediate group, then I'd suggest considering the Fastest group at Mid-Ohio. Mid-Ohio will serve you lunch tickets which are included in the price.

Oh one more thing..... If anyone needs OEM spare parts or other stuff you'd get at a dealer for Honda, Yamaha, Kawi, Harley, Buell.... let me know in advance.
    Last edited by Metastable; 06-22-2009 at 02:18 AM.

2:03 am ???????????????????????????

Today was my day off.

Plus I was watching the first half of the Brazil vs Italy game that was being replayed on CBC.

Once again the tech toy monster DVS has found another gadget. The software for PPC or touch phones is a GPS based data logger. Really cool.
    www.racechrono.com
    I installed it on my PPC and tested it out. Sent my son around the block on his bike a few times with it in his pocket. It mapped out the path he took and times. Splits that I created as well. I actually am able to download to Google Earth to see the route. It was very accurate. I'll be posting a pic. or maybe a link. There are several tracks too but not Mid-Ohio......,.yet...The display can be played back showing: elevation, speed, times, split times, lateral G's, and some other stuff. Really cool DVS. I've made a mount so it will be on the bike to map out everything. Great tool to see where you are running on the track. Might somehow be useful to learn something. It puts out a chart of all time splits set up and a graph that can be scrolled through to see all the data via lines and values. Comparisons to different laps. ie best or a control lap. Hard to explain. You can see each individual line of each lap on the track to compare different laps and turns. The only hard part is finding a place to store the unit and GPS receiver on the bike, safely.

Let's see if this worked now. Excuse the wavy lines. He was on a pedal bike dodging kids on the street. Nope that didn't work. gimme a few....
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/cola_fiend2008/3709056716/
    That worked. Not as 3d'ish as it appears in Google Earth though.
    Her's another one. The second smooth line is me in my car. Not as erratic...
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/cola_fiend2008/3708271655/

OHHH>>>>>>It's a free software. Not shareware.
    Last edited by cola_fiend2003; 07-10-2009 at 11:50 PM.

Man, I've been waiting to use RaceChrono and my PDA/Phone dies on me!

It is a great tool and I would highly recommend it.

It's available for a number of platforms now. I'm using Windows Mobile, but I think they first made it available for Symbian phones.

Link to track day pics

Link to track day vids

On Yahoo Video

On Vimeo

Even coooooooler. You can download the sessions as csv files and import to another program called RaceChrono2AVI which takes all the data from the entire session recorded and displays grapically a speedometer, track map with vehicle indictor, 'G' meter, lap times ie best. A virtual cockpit. Very nice. The part which shows the track map can be place in windows moviemaker along with your onboard vid. I guess other parts can be too. ie speedo.

Now that is cool, you can take a vid and then insert that cockpit in a window in the vid. While you're watching the vid, you can see what the bike stats are. Just like the TV broadcasts. Tres Cool!!

Link to track day pics

Link to track day vids

On Yahoo Video

On Vimeo

MotoGP who?

Haha - you guys are too funny! So just make sure you follow me and let me know how slow I am.