Bandits Unite! - Page 3

Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Bandits Unite!

Re: Bandits Unite!

Quote Originally Posted by Rifleman View Post
    And finally, the reason I stopped to take the last image - how can you not stop along the way somewhere when all the views are this spectacular.........

For this Bandits Unite ride I say we go all the way to BC!

Thanks for the pics!

I knew you'd like to come and run a few of our mountain routes ......if you don't make it, I'll continue to do the run, and then tell you how much fun it is !

Quote Originally Posted by petieboy View Post
    For this Bandits Unite ride I say we go all the way to BC!

Thanks for the pics!
    I wish, I wish, I wish for more paid vacation time.
    '02 Silver Super Blackbird
    '06 Black Bandit 650 S
    '93 Red Bandit 400
    '89 Blue CB-1 400

OK - want to keep this thread going.

Wish could get out to BC - but realistically don't think we can on short notice -- we're just going to have show those BC guys what ontario has to offer (ok - probably not much compared to BC)

So want to throw a date out there - a good day's ride - 800-1000k

Meet: somewhere to be determined (central toronto/GTA area?? depends on where we're going)

Destination: 800-1000k (roundtrip) away .....

Date: Sat. JUNE 13/09 8AM leave by 9AM

we need a destination people - where to?? where to???
    eat - sleep - work - RIDE ...

www.owenseyepiece.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by wandering_bandit View Post
    OK - want to keep this thread going.

Wish could get out to BC - but realistically don't think we can on short notice -- we're just going to have show those BC guys what ontario has to offer (ok - probably not much compared to BC)

So want to throw a date out there - a good day's ride - 800-1000k

Meet: somewhere to be determined (central toronto/GTA area?? depends on where we're going)

Destination: 800-1000k (roundtrip) away .....

Can we make it the weekend of June 27/28? Can 't make the 13/14th.
    "I never set out to be weird. It was always other people who called me weird." FZ

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."
    — Dr. Seuss

KELOWNA 09 'The big wet one..'

'Went on a 1000km ride with a few friends through PA. this weekend...
    See if you can find my Bandit in the sea of HD's
    Oh... and one BMW

I'm in. I was thinking an even sooner one, maybe this coming Saturday (30), but if this is what most people agree on you can count on me.

Here's some ideas. Will need more detailed planning once we agree on one (I can do the first two, we'll need someone more familiar with the area for the others):

- A loop through Algonquin Park with some interesting stops for lunch and sightseeing.

- Muskoka run. Upper Big Chute, Southwood Road, Dark Sky Reserve, Bala, Rosseau, Tally Ho, Parry Sound, 518...

- Circumnavigate lake Ontario. Take the scenic route through Prince Edward County and by the south shore through the US.

- Calabogie. Do some superslab first, but then hit all the nice roads in the area. I don't even know where to start, that's how many nice roads are in the area.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaoler View Post
    'Went on a 1000km ride with a few friends through PA. this weekend...
    I'd love to do PA, but never got around to it. I know every road is a treat there as soon as you get off the highway.

No matter what the route is I suggest we start as early as practically possible. Sun rises early and days are long, so why not make the most of it? We should decide on the meeting point based on the route we choose and the directions people will be coming from.
    NOTE: I don't visit this board frequently and do not accept private messages. You can reach me at GTAmotorcycle[At]aca{dot.}cc

My country is the world and my religion is to do good. - Thomas Paine

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad View Post
    I'd love to do PA, but never got around to it. I know every road is a treat there as soon as you get off the highway.

No matter what the route is I suggest we start as early as practically possible. Sun rises early and days are long, so why not make the most of it? We should decide on the meeting point based on the route we choose and the directions people will be coming from.
    Can't do the 30th - too early for me - let's do PA - never seen before either!

How 'bout just a meet and short ride (forks / belfountain) June 6th - and we can talk about PA!!!

Looked on a map probably make a day trip out of northern PA through the Allegheny National Forest.

Agree - let's get up with the sun and come home with the sun. Can't do an overnighter - but be up for a full day trip - leave early and we can make sure we leave time for the border / not rush the trip.

- remember let's make this trip/meet/group "a breath of fresh air".

How 'bout just a meet and short ride (forks / belfountain) June 6th - and we can talk about PA!!!
    Sounds good, I'm in. it will be a nice photo op too, I'll make sure my bike is washed by then

Looked on a map probably make a day trip out of northern PA through the Allegheny National Forest.
    Sounds even better! I think we have a winner. Any objections?

... make sure we leave time for the border / not rush the trip.
    I hope you won't mind if I cross through NEXUS lane and wait on the other side.
    NOTE: I don't visit this board frequently and do not accept private messages. You can reach me at GTAmotorcycle[At]aca{dot.}cc

I have some nice road ideas and a good camping spot in PA just below Emporium.
    If you got too much moose sighting up north,there are nice elks there SR 555.

Its an overnight trip.
    '02 Silver Super Blackbird
    '06 Black Bandit 650 S
    '93 Red Bandit 400
    '89 Blue CB-1 400

looking at the map again - yeah - looks like if we want to do PA properly and see the park / SR555 it's going to have to be a overnighter.

Don't think I can do the overnighter - but feel free to put one together. Let's start with just the forks / belfountain first on June 6th.

... plan for a longer one - Vlad - what about those other routes ??

Prince Edward County ??

Don't think I can do the overnighter - but feel free to put one together. Let's start with just the forks / belfountain first on June 6th.
    I just realized that the weekend of June 6th is pretty packed for me. I may be able to make it to the Forks depending on when we are going to be there, but can't guarantee it.

... plan for a longer one - Vlad - what about those other routes ??
    I can pretty much guarantee a nice long ride through the Muskoka area with visits to some places most people don't know are there. The only problem is that I've been there too many times .

Prince Edward County ??
    That I can plan too, also with a twist or two .

I'll put some plans together when I get a chance. The main thing is to agree on the date - routes will be figured out.

22 degrees and sunny on Friday....what say ye....banditos?
    "I never set out to be weird. It was always other people who called me weird." FZ

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."
    — Dr. Seuss

KELOWNA 09 'The big wet one..'

Quote Originally Posted by stevie t View Post
    22 degrees and sunny on Friday....what say ye....banditos?
    I'm planning to take a friend for a ride to the Forks right after work on Friday...

OK - we're just going to have show those BC guys what ontario has to offer (ok - probably not much compared to BC)

...........we need a destination people - where to?? where to???
    How about a run east, down the 401 to the Prescott/Ogdensburg crossing of the St Lawerence and then head down 68 then 56 and across 3 to Lake Champlain and back........you may want to stop at the LumberJack Inn in Tupper Lake for a bite....wonderful portions and well served.....you will also pass through Lake Placid for a bit of post Olympic scenery....not bad for an eastern destination......I wish I could ride through the Adirondaks !
    Come on and show us B.C. boys a thing about it........for a weekend overnighter, you could stay in Burlington Vermont and return on Sunday......almost sounds like I've been that route before ?
    Last edited by Rifleman; 06-03-2009 at 09:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad View Post
    I'm planning to take a friend for a ride to the Forks right after work on Friday...
    Can't make Friday - maybe not saturday either!!!

ok - we'll get a meet together - maybe weekend after??? June 13 ??

How many days of summer left are there? with the weather - feels like we just skipped through summer and we're getting into fall now

Hey - I know - let's check out the fall colours in the Adirondacks in July

Quote Originally Posted by Rifleman View Post
    How about a run east, down the 401 to the Prescott/Ogdensburg crossing of the St Lawerence and then head down 68 then 56 and across 3 to Lake Champlain and back........you may want to stop at the LumberJack Inn in Tupper Lake for a bite....wonderful portions and well served.....you will also pass through Lake Placid for a bit of post Olympic scenery....not bad for an eastern destination......I wish I could ride through the Adirondaks !
    Come on and show us B.C. boys a thing about it........for a weekend overnighter, you could stay in Burlington Vermont and return on Sunday......almost sounds like I've been that route before ?
    .....hmmmmmm.....

Can't make Friday - maybe not saturday either!!!
    No worries, we'll hook up eventually. I'll post if I'm going somewhere and everyone is free to join.

ok - we'll get a meet together - maybe weekend after??? June 13 ??
    It's better if we agree on a date, of course. June 13 works for me.

How many days of summer left are there? with the weather - feels like we just skipped through summer and we're getting into fall now
    Don't freakin' remind me, I already got royally soaked twice this spring - 500+Km through torrential downpours. Enough is enough, I want some sun and warmth! We can always go to James Bay to cool down if it gets too hot .

I want a Bandit too!

Quote Originally Posted by Pearlzzzzz! View Post
    I want a Bandit too!
    You don't like your Ninja anymore?