Bandits Unite! - Page 26

Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16242526

Thread: Bandits Unite!

Re: Bandits Unite!

After three days of working for ten hours a day the Big Blue is back together and moving out of the basement tomorrow. Not much is new, but a lot has been considerably improved. I added a few scratches that weren't there before and cracked the windshield in the process, but I'm quite happy with the results regardless. The maximum-suzuki thread will be updated soon with all the details and I can tell you that I discovered a lot of interesting tricks that can save people tons of time and grief with wiring their electrics on any bike, but especially Bandits.

For the first time in my life I was glad we had crappy weather for the weekend. Not only I felt no guilt for spending three days in the basement (took Friday off), but rain also washed off all that winter salt nicely while I was working on the bike.

Quote Originally Posted by PJBandit View Post
    Wherever this convo goes, keep me posted.
    Thanks!
    Pete
    Quote Originally Posted by zenrider View Post
    Me too!
    If the weather continues to improve we'll have Sunset Rides (tm) back again soon. Stay tuned.
    NOTE: I don't visit this board frequently and do not accept private messages. You can reach me at GTAmotorcycle[At]aca{dot.}cc

My country is the world and my religion is to do good. - Thomas Paine

Quote Originally Posted by djez View Post
    You will see one in person as soon as you get your bike on the road, My search for the little bandido ended this weekend after driving through highwinds, snowstorm/slush highway 7/11 to Vermont.
    That's a sweet looking bike, long may you ride it! I saw one in person finally the other day, but it wasn't nearly in such a good shape. Very pleasing to the eye, everything seems to be proportional and in the right place, reminding me somewhat of my old Zephyr. I would only remove the rear fender, paint the rims (black?) and maybe add a nice bikini fairing.

The trailer is great too, good job!
    NOTE: I don't visit this board frequently and do not accept private messages. You can reach me at GTAmotorcycle[At]aca{dot.}cc

Here are some of the more memorable rides from last year, just to get you in the mood:

A sunset ride

Criss-crossing the Niagara Escarpment

Prince Edward County and Kingston back roads

Niagara Peninsula

Calabogie

I'm thinking hard about some multi-day rides to venture a little further than a few hours away from GTA. Suggestions and offers to organize are welcome.

I vote for all of those rides again. Plus a couple multi-day. Basically just stay on the bike all summer.

I'll post the Pennsylvania route I did last year which was a relaxed 2-day ride via Ellicottville to Allegheny National Forest which has crazy newly paved roads.

I rode 15th Side Road yesterday from beginning to end. Is in good shape except for the old pavement parts are only as good as can be expected, but no gravel to speak of or pot holes. Then Cedar Point Rd, also good. Was a speed trap on Mississauga Rd N of Burnamthorpe.

D

Quote Originally Posted by EasyD View Post
    I vote for all of those rides again. Plus a couple multi-day. Basically just stay on the bike all summer.
    Works for me

I'll post the Pennsylvania route I did last year which was a relaxed 2-day ride via Ellicottville to Allegheny National Forest which has crazy newly paved roads.
    Sounds very interesting, please post it.

I rode 15th Side Road yesterday from beginning to end. Is in good shape except for the old pavement parts are only as good as can be expected, but no gravel to speak of or pot holes. Then Cedar Point Rd, also good. Was a speed trap on Mississauga Rd N of Burnamthorpe.
    Pretty much the same impressions from my ride to Campbellville and back. Major roads are clean and dry, but less traveled ones still have sand/salt in the middle of the lane, through and close to intersections and on all steep hills. There's this hill on Twiss road that was really challenging, covered almost entirely with a thick layer of sand and salt, but I rode it both ways just for good measure .
    Last edited by Vlad; 03-17-2010 at 09:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad View Post
    There's this hill on Twiss road that was really challenging, covered almost entirely with a thick layer of sand and salt, but I rode it both ways just for good measure .
    I know that hill, it always surprises me how steep that switchback part is, gotta gear down in a hurry to get up it going south. Think I'll avoid it until the sand clears up a bit. You've got some mad skills there, Vlad!

You've got some mad skills there, Vlad!
    I'm just careful, that's all. I also find going up a steep hill somewhat easier than going down as it's easier for me to moderate the throttle than worry about which wheel is going to slide if I break too hard. It felt good to find out how much faster I climbed that hill than the SUV that followed me, though

Where the sun don't shine (Toronto, you nasty)

You will see one in person as soon as you get your bike on the road, My search for the little bandido ended this weekend after driving through highwinds, snowstorm/slush highway 7/11 to Vermont.
    Wow, she's a beauty, man

How much did you end up getting it for?

Just a heads up: Ted @ rosey toes is selling a bandit 400 at his shop. $3000 but it's not as mint as djez'.

Toronto Motorcyclists group is up.

http://groups.google.ca/group/TorontoMotorcyclists

The intention is to move our little community from here to there if it proves a good tool, so please apply for membership and post away.

Toronto Motorcyclists group is up.

The intention is to move our little community from here to there if it proves a good tool, so please apply for membership and post away.
    Fack! blocked at work. I'll look when i get home.
    Red 2001 Bandit 1200, Yes that's right I have the faster one.

If we didn't run an odd cruiser or a Ducati that joined us before I don't see why we would start with an Aprilia .

Joking aside, it's not about what you ride, but how you enjoy the way we ride and fit in. You'll be fine, we are not a demanding bunch .

... I'm toying with the idea of a motorcycle club / domain / board. Nothing fancy or elaborate, just a little corner of the motorcycle-verse for people I know and like to ride with. What do you guys think?

Sounds good to me. Not demanding are we? Neither am I.

Cheers.
    - Old ride - 2003 Suzuki SV650S
    - New ride - 2009 Aprilia Shiver 750

Ride naked!

Quote Originally Posted by knowledge View Post
    Wow, she's a beauty, man

How much did you end up getting it for?

Just a heads up: Ted @ rosey toes is selling a bandit 400 at his shop. $3000 but it's not as mint as djez'.
    I have a story Im not proud of about the purchase that I will share it in the new forum,(summary is : I'm the 1st one to drop it) as well as I would try to document ripping 2 bandit 400s apart and putting it back together.

Had my first try at the carburators yesterday.

We got this one for 1200 US + 22GST +______PST+______Registration+ Safety
    My friend got his for 800 US + 30GST.
    '02 Silver Super Blackbird
    '06 Black Bandit 650 S
    '93 Red Bandit 400
    '89 Blue CB-1 400

I have a story Im not proud of about the purchase that I will share it in the new forum,(summary is : I'm the 1st one to drop it) as well as I would try to document ripping 2 bandit 400s apart and putting it back together.

Had my first try at the carburators yesterday.

We got this one for 1200 US + 22GST +______PST+______Registration+ Safety
    My friend got his for 800 US + 30GST.

Nice. I'd like to see a few more on the road! Looks like a pretty nice example. Grey wheels must be '93. The carbs can be a *****. If you get stuck on something let me know... I'm pretty much a pro at them now.

Hi Bandits Unite,

I ride a 1250 SA and am interested in riding my a bit more this season. PM me or let me know what the planned rides are?
    '08 Bandit 1250 SA.
    Big shout-out to Robert@pannonsports.com

Quote Originally Posted by little_bandit View Post
    Hi Bandits Unite,

I ride a 1250 SA and am interested in riding my a bit more this season. PM me or let me know what the planned rides are?
    Join

I can't speak for everyone else, but I'm posting my rides exclusively there from now on.

Edit: Read and obey the request fulfillment rules. People I don't recognize won't be accepted before I get a chance to know them or one of the group members recommends them.
    Last edited by Vlad; 03-30-2010 at 01:58 PM.

Any fellow Bandit Brothers up for a ride to Tobermory this Friday April 2?

I've posted this under the thread.

http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...d.php?t=111706

Note, I'll be adding some mods to the posted route.

PM me if you and your machine are ready, willing and able to join.
    Last edited by little_bandit; 03-30-2010 at 01:45 PM.
    '08 Bandit 1250 SA.
    Big shout-out to Robert@pannonsports.com