Bandits Unite! - Page 2

Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Bandits Unite!

Re: Bandits Unite!

Im in for this, was waiting for this bandit ride.
    '02 Silver Super Blackbird
    '06 Black Bandit 650 S
    '93 Red Bandit 400
    '89 Blue CB-1 400

Hmmm.....
    sorry, I can't get away for the longer rides, but always interested in a day's outing.
    Got Torque?

Quote Originally Posted by zoomerthe1 View Post
    Hmmm.....
    sorry, I can't get away for the longer rides, but always interested in a day's outing.
    It most likely won't be a multi-day ride, but I'd like it to be a full day one. From early morning 'til after dark, 800-1000Km.
    NOTE: I don't visit this board frequently and do not accept private messages. You can reach me at GTAmotorcycle[At]aca{dot.}cc

My country is the world and my religion is to do good. - Thomas Paine

I'm a Bandit too, and I woud give it a try Although I don't find my 1250 seat that comfortable (1000Km), even after customizing it ...

Quote Originally Posted by too much View Post
    I'm a Bandit too, and I woud give it a try Although I don't find my 1250 seat that comfortable (1000Km), even after customizing it ...
    Get a piece of sheep skin (~$30 in Ikea). It may look goofy, but it makes a world of difference comfort wise, it's cheap and easy to mount. 1250 stock seat is considerably worse than 600/1200, at least that was my impression after a couple of demo rides. Awesome bike otherwise - has all the modern features with all the old character.
    NOTE: I don't visit this board frequently and do not accept private messages. You can reach me at GTAmotorcycle[At]aca{dot.}cc

800-1000k ride sounds good to me. Let's use those bandits (or bandit-like or bandit-at heart) for what they were made for.
    eat - sleep - work - RIDE ...

www.owenseyepiece.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by wandering_bandit View Post
    800-1000k ride sounds good to me. Let's use those bandits (or bandit-like or bandit-at heart) for what they were made for.
    I'm currently waiting for a new tire to come in and I'll be away for a week mid-month. If it doesn't happen this coming weekend than for sure when I get back.

Heya Vlad. I almost bought a Bandit! I'm a UJMer at heart - would love to ride with you guys.

Count me in.

O.
    Past: 03 Suzuki Volusia, 03 Kawasaki Nomad 1500, 06 Suzuki DL650 V-Strom, 98 Suzuki TL1000R.
    Present: 1982 Yamaha Seca 750, 08 Yamaha FZ1, 04 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom

Cela est bien dit, mais il faut cultiver notre jardin. Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by OpenGambit View Post
    I am not giving out any advice. I am just mocking you.
    P.S. Your spelling is horrible.

Fellow Bandit Brothers,

I'm located in the Streetsville-Mississauga area and I'm in for short or long haul rides. Give me a call for anytime for Sat/Sun rides.

LB.
    Last edited by little_bandit; 05-06-2009 at 12:31 PM.
    '08 Bandit 1250 SA.
    Big shout-out to Robert@pannonsports.com

Quote Originally Posted by little_bandit View Post
    LB.
    Welcome to the gang LB. I hope this weather is going to start cooperating soon so we can enjoy a good ride. I rode through a monsoon season's worth of rain already this year - enough is enough

Hello Hello - good to hear from so may UJMers - bandit at heart owners, etc.

Just want to put this out there. Look's like month of May will be too busy for me - gone long w/e and stuff - but June looks good. Feel free to meet and ride if you guys go earlier - but I'll see you guys in June for sure.

Look forward to seeing you guys and hopefully make this a more regular event.
    eat - sleep - work - RIDE ...

www.owenseyepiece.blogspot.com

Just want to put this out there. Look's like month of May will be too busy for me - gone long w/e and stuff - but June looks good.
    Same here, although I'll probably be fully operational as soon as the weekend of 23-24. Go do your thing - we are not going anywhere even if we actually go somewhere in the mean time

Would like to try and hook up with you guys. I'm a couple hrs east of Toronto so if you're doing 800-1000 kms away from me I may not be able to swing it, I'll keep an eye on this for the when and where. I'm on a 97 1200.

Quote Originally Posted by windwhipped View Post
    Would like to try and hook up with you guys. I'm a couple hrs east of Toronto so if you're doing 800-1000 kms away from me I may not be able to swing it, I'll keep an eye on this for the when and where. I'm on a 97 1200.
    Welcome to the gang. Remind us again when the planning of the actual ride gets underway and we'll see if we can incorporate you. It may not be that long or we may be heading in your direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad View Post
    Welcome to the gang. Remind us again when the planning of the actual ride gets underway and we'll see if we can incorporate you. It may not be that long or we may be heading in your direction.
    cool, thanks Vlad, I'll keep an eye on this.

I'm in, 2up with the wife. Would be nice to show the wife we're not the ONLY ones riding a Bandit. Rare, indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by petieboy View Post
    I'm in, 2up with the wife. Would be nice to show the wife we're not the ONLY ones riding a Bandit. Rare, indeed.
    That makes 2 of us , I ride with my wife and always hoping that she will ride her own bandit 400.
    '02 Silver Super Blackbird
    '06 Black Bandit 650 S
    '93 Red Bandit 400
    '89 Blue CB-1 400

And today on my '06 baby Bandit 650S, I'll be joined by a B12 for a run into the mountains of Vancouver Island for a three hour tour......Lunch in Gold River and then back home to Courtenay/Comox area.........

You all know, you wish you could join us.......

Hey there Bandit-teers.

We are a rare breed. We can keep up with the gsrx's and cbr's of the world, but we're bred for comfort as well.

We're "standard" bikes - bred to be all around - we can be responsible and we can be reckless - take your pick. And in these forums - rarely do I come across one - or am I wrong??

So Bandits - let's show our numbers - and do a ride. Something for a "bandit" - scenic and leisurely. Nothing fancy - nothing necessarily twisty - but just a breath of fresh air.

Who's in? Time and date to be set and discussed.

When is this ride happening? I have a bandit 600s and have not seen another bandit all season.

With the weather looking not so good for the next three days, a few friends and I decided to take a run into the mountains for lunch out near the Pacific coast. We have a favourite spot to eat with a fine view but every time we go and sit on the balcony, I leave my camera in the bike. Next time.......I promise......

At our final rest stop along the way.......7 bikes this time.......

Here are Vince, Tammy and Mike......Mike no longer has a bike, had to borrow one for the day(Mother-in-laws) and is hanging his head in shame - Tammy just earned her riding ticket late last year and now rides her own EX-500(on the left here) with Hubby Vince on his blue 1200 Bandit. This red Bandit is mine.

Here is Tammy chasing Vince with a good lean into the corner....

And finally, the reason I stopped to take the last image - how can you not stop along the way somewhere when all the views are this spectacular.........

My apologies on the shots, they're all point 'n shoot.....I still don't have a safe way to carry my SLR on the bike yet.