Another car impounded - Page 3

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Another car impounded

Re: Another car impounded

Quote Originally Posted by Resurrection View Post
    That's good to know. I won't give anything you post a second thought again.
    then why do you keep quoting me?

That's fine, remind him, but do it when you have something to actually remind them with, not with hearsay, and fabrication. By doing that you're not better then he is, and if you're no better then he is, look at all the names you have called him. If he is all those things, and you are just like him, then you are the same things, in that case again you have no credibility in my books. I myself like to think I am better then those I put down.
    Hearsay? Your part of the problem. About as naive as they get. Nothing he said is in the least bit false or incorrect. It's the ignorant people such as yourself that are allowing these rights and freedoms violations to keep coming at such an astounding rate.

ya good point. So we will make up stuff to whine about.
    Made up, you need to check some facts and look into property rights, you haven't a clue.

ya good point. So we will make up stuff to whine about.
    I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if your actually under the illusion we live in a democracy...

Resurrection

Quote Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
    Hearsay? Your part of the problem. About as naive as they get. Nothing he said is in the least bit false or incorrect. It's the ignorant people such as yourself that are allowing these rights and freedoms violations to keep coming at such an astounding rate.
    He sent a letter to his MPP about a story from a total stranger, so ya it's hearsay, talking about naive. I don't allow any of our rights and freedom to be violated, but I also don't make up stuff to whine about, like yourself. I am totally against the seizure of vehicles and have always said that, but you don't get any where complaining about unsubstantiated claims.

Resurrection

I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if your actually under the illusion we live in a democracy...
    I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if you banged your head once too often. If this isn't a democracy then what is it, because you don't agree with some laws made, suddenly we are not in a democracy, wow the education system is failing our country in a bad way.

I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if you banged your head once too often. If this isn't a democracy then what is it, because you don't agree with some laws made, suddenly we are not in a democracy, wow the education system is failing our country in a bad way.

When the government has the ability to take your property, your livelihood and your freedom without due course, you are not living in a full democracy.
    www.durhaminline.com Inline Hockey in Durham Region

OFAH member
    My civil libertarianism grows daily when confronted with the obvious injustices I witness.

Resurrection

Made up, you need to check some facts and look into property rights, you haven't a clue.
    The facts have nothing to do with property rights. I was referring to the letter sent to his MPP about the alleged actions of the police. He had absolutely no facts and yet sent a letter complaining about it, but habitual whine seems to be the why to go.

He sent a letter to his MPP about a story from a total stranger, so ya it's hearsay, talking about naive. I don't allow any of our rights and freedom to be violated, but I also don't make up stuff to whine about, like yourself. I am totally against the seizure of vehicles and have always said that, but you don't get any where complaining about unsubstantiated claims.
    There is nothing unsubstantiated about property rights, you don't really own property, just have an exclusive transferable lease on it. Don't believe me, look it up. And there is a whole lot more that people take for granted, but is not actually the case. I'm not getting into it here though, you'd need a library to cover all the crap concerning the rights you only think you have.

Resurrection

Quote Originally Posted by mat2312 View Post
    When the government has the ability to take your property, your livelihood and your freedom without due course, you are not living in a full democracy.
    Then there is really no true democracy in the world. There have been, are and always will be laws that can be interpreted as taking away your rights and freedom. We have the right to fight what we deem to be a violation of our rights. Lots of non democratic society wish they had such freedoms

Resurrection

There is nothing unsubstantiated about property rights, you don't really own property, just have an exclusive transferable lease on it. Don't believe me, look it up. And there is a whole lot more that people take for granted, but is not actually the case. I'm not getting into it here though, you'd need a library to cover all the crap concerning the rights you only think you have.
    And Santa Claus is real. What does this have to do with property. This was about reading a post on the internet, then over reacting to it without getting the facts, what you're doing is called a smoke screen, because he has finaly been exposed for what he truely is.

Resurrection

Quote Originally Posted by 82Seca750 View Post
    then why do you keep quoting me?
    Besides this one go back and read.I haven't quoted you since that post, again an epic fail for you.

Your only democratic right is to vote, big deal, even that's compromised as you have little choices. You can 1) Not vote 2) Spoil your Ballot 3) vote for whom you believe is the lessor evil, you CAN'T choose, None of the Above, it's not an option. Are you really that naive? And on a side note, if indeed your rights are being violated your only recourse is to take it to court, which will be at YOUR expense, whether those can be recovered or any inconveniences and additional expenses incurred are compensated for is again highly debatable.
    Last edited by Nimbus; 04-30-2009 at 09:10 PM.

Resurrection

Your only democratic right is to vote, big deal, even that's compromised as you have little choices. You can 1) Not vote 2) Spoil your Ballot 3) vote for whom you believe is the lessor evil, you CAN'T choose, None of the Above, it's not an option. Are you really that naive?
    So you can't actually believe you have no rights here other then votinbg, because if you believe that, then you have slipped through the cracks in our education system. Wow weren't you in the wizard of oz. Isn't spoiling the ballot, or not voting the same as none of the above. Doesn't the low turnout last federal election show as none of the above to the leaders, it would be to me. You may need to look up the word naive for it's meaning.

Then there is really no true democracy in the world. There have been, are and always will be laws that can be interpreted as taking away your rights and freedom. We have the right to fight what we deem to be a violation of our rights. Lots of non democratic society wish they had such freedoms
    Before we had illegal laws such as 172, proceeds of crimes act, these new impaired driving suspensions etc, the government was really restricted in what it could do without due process. Sure there were situations where it was justified (World Wars, FLQ, Sept. 11) but those are extreme circumstances. With this new legislation we've taken a step back towards oppressiveness.

Many countries have laws that uphold the rights of citizens to be tried in a court by a judge or their peers before punishment, Canada is one of them. This is a fundamental part of democracy, and until legislation such as the above is changed, we cannot call ourselves a true Democracy.

I'm sure no country is perfect but there are countries out there where the government can't harm you without due process.

OFAH member
    My civil libertarianism grows daily when confronted with the obvious injustices I witness.

Resurrection

Before we had illegal laws such as 172, proceeds of crimes act, these new impaired driving suspensions etc, the government was really restricted in what it could do without due process. Sure there were situations where it was justified (World Wars, FLQ, Sept. 11) but those are extreme circumstances. With this new legislation we've taken a step back towards oppressiveness.

Many countries have laws that uphold the rights of citizens to be tried in a court by a judge or their peers before punishment, Canada is one of them. This is a fundamental part of democracy, and until legislation such as the above is changed, we cannot call ourselves a true Democracy.

I'm sure no country is perfect but there are countries out there where the government can't harm you without due process.
    I'm sure we're not the only ones with laws that allow vehicle siezure. No law is perfect, and it's up to us to help get it changed, but you don't do that by being a habitual whiner, because eventually you lose credibility, which is what happened in this thread.

Even if that story is 100% fabricated, it still outlines the basic flaws with our current stunting laws. Furthermore, it has been shown in court that the police are using this law in ways that it wasn't intended. Therefore regardless of whether or not things happened the way they did, only a fool can agree that this law doesn't violate basic rights. On top of everything even if someone is proven to have been charged with this law incorrectly, they still have no recourse for towing fees, loss of licence and having to deal with not having their vehicle for a full week.

Maybe this story will drive the point across some of the THICK skulls at Queen's Park.

I'm sure we're not the only ones with laws that allow vehicle siezure. No law is perfect, and it's up to us to help get it changed, but you don't do that by being a habitual whiner, because eventually you lose credibility, which is what happened in this thread.
    Unfortunately we have legislators who are corrupt and serve their party/political needs only. Nothing short of violence would even grab their attention, it's difficult for the common man to get all this shovelled on to them with no recourse.

OFAH member

Resurrection

Quote Originally Posted by Metastable View Post
    Even if that story is 100% fabricated, it still outlines the basic flaws with our current stunting laws. Furthermore, it has been shown in court that the police are using this law in ways that it wasn't intended. Therefore regardless of whether or not things happened the way they did, only a fool can agree that this law doesn't violate basic rights. On top of everything even if someone is proven to have been charged with this law incorrectly, they still have no recourse for towing fees, loss of licence and having to deal with not having their vehicle for a full week.

Maybe this story will drive the point across some of the THICK skulls at Queen's Park.
    If it's fabricated it outlines nothing. How are they using it in ways it wasn't intented to be used, I haven't heard anything about that. I have and always agree it does violate our basic rights, but fabricating stories isn;'t the way to change things. You do have a recourse if you have been charged incorrectly. You have a right to sue, and I'm pretty sure the chances of winning are pretty good.
    Last edited by Resurrection; 04-30-2009 at 09:40 PM.

Resurrection

Unfortunately we have legislators who are corrupt and serve their party/political needs only. Nothing short of violence would even grab their attention, it's difficult for the common man to get all this shovelled on to them with no recourse.
    We don't have a monoply on corrupt politicians, they are in every country.