dont you hate it when.... - Page 2

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: dont you hate it when....

Re: dont you hate it when....

Quote Originally Posted by SiNNeR View Post
    its a custom i built myself.
    so yses< i will be claiming all the broken parts, and starting again..

heres the kicker, i just dropped of my renewal checks, and JUST left that office. and was 4 blocks down the road.

go figure.
    Have you contacted your insurance company yet? If it was a custom, I hope that you disclosed all of the modifications to your insurer, or you might only be covered for the base bike. If you want coverage for modifications, I believe you have to purchase extra coverage. Do you know which insurance company has you covered?
    I'm an Actuarial Analyst for a Major Canadian Insurance Company. I analyse claims patterns to determine overall rate changes, as well as relative premium differences by various risk characteristics (eg. age, experience, claims, convictions, usage, etc.)

Unless it's private, please post insurance-related questions in the forum rather than sending me a PM.

Current: 2001 Suzuki GSXR1000 (4th Season)
    Previous: 1996 Honda VFR750F (4 Seasons)
    Previous: 1998 Kawasaki Ninja EX250 (3 Seasons)

Quote Originally Posted by VifferFun View Post
    I don't think it's a foolish suggestion, but to each his own. It sounds like a lot of people here are prone to road rage.

road rage is when some dolt has his signal on for six miles and some dude loses it on him,
    or some one cuts someone off,,

this dont not classify as road rage..
    and those that know me know i am VERY laid back, very ZEN ,
    not much wil rattle me.. but um 3 inches from pushing up daisy because someone is day dreaming<< pretty just reason to be upset....

not trying to argue with you, problem is you have no personal mileage in this case to base your veiw. <unless you did have this happen to you if so i am sorry for assuming>
    Last edited by SiNNeR; 04-29-2009 at 08:08 PM.
    Knowledge Without Mileage is Useless

*worry about your own spelling not mine.

gsxr_gurl18

Glad to hear you walked away from it.

Have you contacted your insurance company yet? If it was a custom, I hope that you disclosed all of the modifications to your insurer, or you might only be covered for the base bike. If you want coverage for modifications, I believe you have to purchase extra coverage. Do you know which insurance company has you covered?
    i know my insurance rights , laws , and policies. no worries man,
    and that information is none of your business(or anyone else reading this) < i appreciate the attempt at honest assistance thou..

not trying to argue with you, problem is you have no personal mileage in this case to base your veiw. <unless you did have this happen to you if so i am sorry for assuming>
    I've already told you that I have had similar personal experiences:

1.) On my bike, someone just pulled out in front of me (didn't see me) and I hit their front fender, with my head ending up under their bumper.

2.) In my car, someone proceeded into an intersection just as I was coming through (didn't see my big cage). I had the right of way, and they were hit in the front fender.

3.) In my car, I was nailed from behind at about 80kph when completely stopped.
    I'm an Actuarial Analyst for a Major Canadian Insurance Company. I analyse claims patterns to determine overall rate changes, as well as relative premium differences by various risk characteristics (eg. age, experience, claims, convictions, usage, etc.)

Unless it's private, please post insurance-related questions in the forum rather than sending me a PM.

i know my insurance rights , laws , and policies. no worries man,
    and that information is none of your business(or anyone else reading this) < i appreciate the attempt at honest assistance thou..
    Sounds good. I'm not trying to pry at personal info, but just trying to give you an idea of what to look for and say, since I work at an insurance company.

If you are with State Farm or Jevco, I have had positive experiences with them in the past

If your leathers or clothes were wrecked, don't forget to try and claim them in addition to your lid.

Sounds good. I'm not trying to pry at personal info, but just trying to give you an idea of what to look for and say, since I work at an insurance company.

If you are with State Farm or Jevco, I have had positive experiences with them in the past

If your leathers or clothes were wrecked, don't forget to try and claim them in addition to your lid.
    cheers,,
    im realyy ****** about the lid.. it was a limited production run 200 only

Burlington during the week / Pickering most weekends

But glad you are okay. I find myself looking behind me at red lights more and more these days. At least until I see the car behind me has come to a complete stop.
    Forget world peace. Visualize using your turn signal.

cheers,,
    Sounds irreplaceable . . . crap! I hope you kept your receipt for it, but if not, try and find another helmet (locally if possible) to show the price to your insurer. Who knows . . . maybe due to its rarity it has increased in value

Wow i'm glad you're ok....but i'm terribly sorry about the damage to your bike and your lid. There's a time for civility, when composure and patience will do more than hard-nosed aggression ever will. But there's also a time when the most appropriate response to ignorance is sheer force. If I was in your place, I would've torn him to pieces and thrown his corpse through the windshield of his POS.

Good luck and I hope you get everything squared away

Matt the main thing is that you are ok, bikes can always be fixed and i know how much time you spent on the winter on it, as i said i can lend a hand if you need.

Resurrection

cheers,,
    Look on the bright side at least you have hot water. Glad you're OK, you should have destroyed that ****ing turd, There goes my free ride.

Quote Originally Posted by Resurrection View Post
    Look on the bright side at least you have hot water. Glad you're OK, you should have destroyed that ****ing turd, There goes my free ride.
    LOL

dude big time thanks for the help with the water tank

What difference would the coverage make when it is clearly the other guys fault? I would think the responsibility to pay to put it back as it was before the accident would be a given. Otherwise I could more than see why the other riders, aside from mild you WOULD would want to take it out of the guys hide.

Unhappy Re: dont you hate it when....

Wow, every time I read one of these I'm in disbelief at how stupid drivers can be. You handled it very well as far as I'm concerned, but really, when someone almost kills you I don't think there's any one of us who can judge the adequacy of your reaction, you just react.

Anyways, I'm really glad you're OK.

Damn...
    There is no planet B.

Quote Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
    What difference would the coverage make when it is clearly the other guys fault? I would think the responsibility to pay to put it back as it was before the accident would be a given. Otherwise I could more than see why the other riders, aside from mild you WOULD would want to take it out of the guys hide.
    It is the responsibility of the of your insurance company put the bike back to the condition as it was DECLARED prior to the accident. Your insurance company will pay for the damages regardless of fault (aka no-fault insurance). Your policy includes Direct Compensation Property Damage to cover situations such as this, and the premium for this coverage is calculated based on the declared value of your bike. You must declare all modifications to your bike, or the insurance company does not have to cover them.

For example, if you have a bike that is worth $4,000 before the mods, and has $10,000 worth of mods that you did not disclose to the insurer, you are only paying a DCPD premium that covers you for the $4,000. If you declare the extra $10K in mods, your DCPD premium will increase a bit so that you will be covered for the extra value of the mods.

It is the responsibility of the of your insurance company put the bike back to the condition as it was DECLARED prior to the accident. Your insurance company will pay for the damages regardless of fault (aka no-fault insurance). Your policy includes Direct Compensation Property Damage to cover situations such as this, and the premium for this coverage is calculated based on the declared value of your bike. You must declare all modifications to your bike, or the insurance company does not have to cover them.

For example, if you have a bike that is worth $4,000 before the mods, and has $10,000 worth of mods that you did not disclose to the insurer, you are only paying a DCPD premium that covers you for the $4,000. If you declare the extra $10K in mods, your DCPD premium will increase a bit so that you will be covered for the extra value of the mods.
    So what if you only have liability? No collision or loss, You know it's getting paid for when your not at fault, so that doesn't wash.
    Last edited by Nimbus; 04-29-2009 at 11:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
    So what if you only have liability? No collision or loss, You know it's getting paid for when your not at fault, so that doesn't wash.
    You never have just Liability. The mandatory coverages in Ontario are:

Liability
    Accident Benefits
    Direct Compensation Property Damage

Since DCPD is mandatory, you are always covered if you are not at fault in the collision.

You never have just Liability. The mandatory coverages in Ontario are:

Liability
    Accident Benefits
    Direct Compensation Property Damage

Since DCPD is mandatory, you are always covered if you are not at fault in the collision.
    So your saying DCPD is based on the declared value of the vehicle?

Resurrection

Well Mr. Actuary how come State Farm didn't even ask me how much I paid for my bike when I bought it? by the way that sig is hilarious.