dont you hate it when.... - Page 5

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: dont you hate it when....

Re: dont you hate it when....

Wow, I can't believe this guy got a chance to fight this in court. It was clearly his fault for rear ending you. We have one weird justice system - too many options and not enough punishment.
    Mystique
    It's true that we don't know what we've got until we lose it, but it's also true that we don't know what we've been missing until it arrives.

OP, glad you came out of this OK!

To everyone: let this be a lesson, as they teach in the courses, to ALWAYS keep your bike in gear, and watch your mirrors, and be prepared to make a hasty exit (or bail out) if the person behind you isn't stopping. We all get complacent, but as always, this event could have been a lot worse.

Again OP, glad you made it out physically in tact.
    CHOWDAH RIDAH

2007 ZX-14 -92,000km
    2006 BW'S -7,000km
    2005 ZX636R -63,533km (stolen)
    2004 SV650S -30,000km (sold)
    2003 ZZR250 -15,000km (sold)

Current tire choice: Pirelli Angel
    Last tire choice: Road Smart- 19,000 on last set (not the best though..)
    CSC Certified Riding Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by VifferFun View Post
    How can the OP be screwed in this incident?
    is/was there a police report? I'm assuming that without a witness it becomes his word over the other guy's, which doesn't always work out in your favour.

I'm also assuming that the very reason this guy is taking it to court is to get off of the charges, which is only possible through lack of evidence.

Or, wait you work for the insurance company, right? So if the OP gets what his bike is worth in $$ (assuming a write off), then everything is 100% okay, right?

i cant say that has ever happen to me.
    Next bike?
    1999 Yamaha YZF R6 (SOLD - Owned it briefly, very nice bike.)
    1990 Honda CBR600F1 (SOLD - Old bike, but good upgrade)

2000 Kawasaki ZZR250R (1 Seasons - SOLD - Great bike)
    2007 Honda CBR125R (1 Week - SOLD - too slow, felt like a scooter)

Quote Originally Posted by Kri$han View Post
    is/was there a police report? I'm assuming that without a witness it becomes his word over the other guy's, which doesn't always work out in your favour.
    Are you saying that the court might end up charging the OP instead of the truck driver? That doesn't seem likely.

I'm also assuming that the very reason this guy is taking it to court is to get off of the charges, which is only possible through lack of evidence.
    Perhaps . . . but I think it would be very difficult to shift the blame to the OP.

Or, wait you work for the insurance company, right? So if the OP gets what his bike is worth in $$ (assuming a write off), then everything is 100% okay, right?
    I'm not sure what you're asking? The OP was hit from behind, so from an insurance perspective, he is not at fault whatsoever.
    I'm an Actuarial Analyst for a Major Canadian Insurance Company. I analyse claims patterns to determine overall rate changes, as well as relative premium differences by various risk characteristics (eg. age, experience, claims, convictions, usage, etc.)

Unless it's private, please post insurance-related questions in the forum rather than sending me a PM.

Current: 2001 Suzuki GSXR1000 (4th Season)
    Previous: 1996 Honda VFR750F (4 Seasons)
    Previous: 1998 Kawasaki Ninja EX250 (3 Seasons)

Quote Originally Posted by Kri$han View Post

your being kinda thick commenting on stuff you didnt read..

coles notes version..
    he got charged,, multple witness's including me whom he hit..

this clown is just hoping i dont show up so he can skip on the charge and save on points and future insurance costs..

simple as that, no risk to me at all.
    Knowledge Without Mileage is Useless

*worry about your own spelling not mine.

Quote Originally Posted by SiNNeR View Post
    this clown is just hoping i dont show up so he can skip on the charge and save on points and future insurance costs..

simple as that, no risk to me at all.
    You should also mention that the truck driver was angry with you because you wouldn't race him at the last stop light, and that you thought he was purposely trying to kill you. That would teach him for being an idiot
    I'm an Actuarial Analyst for a Major Canadian Insurance Company. I analyse claims patterns to determine overall rate changes, as well as relative premium differences by various risk characteristics (eg. age, experience, claims, convictions, usage, etc.)

Unless it's private, please post insurance-related questions in the forum rather than sending me a PM.

Current: 2001 Suzuki GSXR1000 (4th Season)
    Previous: 1996 Honda VFR750F (4 Seasons)
    Previous: 1998 Kawasaki Ninja EX250 (3 Seasons)

Quote Originally Posted by CruisnGrrl View Post
    I'm sure the courts can handle the guy.
    Im sure they can. I bought my bike from sinner and would just like to talk to the dude and support Matt.

And dont listen to Kri$han, hes from the TPC