Three Bikers Down this past weekend - Page 4

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Three Bikers Down this past weekend

Re: Three Bikers Down this past weekend

Quote Originally Posted by obr44 View Post
    Wow, it boggles the mind how information is interpreted.

While some of these protesters may be legit, please remember who started this war. Tamil tigers are one of the worst terrorists groups out there. They are the ones that invented suiside bombers and had no problem going into cafes, populated areas and setting their bombs off, killing and maiming people including women and children.

I agree with adrath, why is the Canadian goverment suporting terrorists. They are flying the Tamil Tiger flags (which tells me they support the Tigers)

What the Sri Lankan Goverment is doing is wrong, does not mean terrorist organizations hiding behind good Tamil people should have any say in this country.
    As i understand it, weren't the Tamil Tigers finally listed as a terrorist entity, in part, due to the fact that the Tigers found a ripe source of funding in Canada whether through coerced or voluntary donations, from ex-pats? I find it hard to believe that there isn't some sympathy in these protestors, in order to get the CDN govt to get the Government forces to back off of the Tigers at the 11th hour.

Tie that in with Tamil Tiger pendants at the protest.. screw that. That crap don't belong in Canada. Leave your baggage in the old country please. I'm with Adrath on this.
    '99 Suzuki Bandit 1200 - '88 Hannigan Comet chair

Quote Originally Posted by gadfly View Post
    Ya, I'm definitely in for a monthly ride.

I was kind of thinking it would make sense to also have it on the last Friday of the month so as to coincide with critical mass. Not to fuse the two, but rather dominate city streets with two separate two-wheel mass rides. Would be great if we crossed paths taking up all lanes in either direction.

Either way I'm in.

And in terms of spokespeople, the key is to have as many as possible. That way there's always someone to talk to the press. What's great about critical mass is that there's no leader. Hence it happens every month regardless. You just need a critical mass of participants to ensure it keeps happening.

Here's some background info on Critical Mass

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Critical_Mass

http://critical-mass.info/

And ya, I think we should start a new thread in the rides and hooks up area if that hasn't been done already...
    An even better example of this is the Port Dover rally. Started with what, 7 guys getting together on some perch and wings on a Friday the 13th 25 years ago?

I'm kinda removed from the GTA core, so not really familiar with it. Perhaps though, there is some convenient rendevous in eyesight of media/politico's that could be the "bike meet" once a month or bi-monthly, instead of the local timmies? Could be as simple as getting the word out, as that.
    '99 Suzuki Bandit 1200 - '88 Hannigan Comet chair

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit Bill View Post
    An even better example of this is the Port Dover rally. Started with what, 7 guys getting together on some perch and wings on a Friday the 13th 25 years ago?

I'm kinda removed from the GTA core, so not really familiar with it. Perhaps though, there is some convenient rendevous in eyesight of media/politico's that could be the "bike meet" once a month or bi-monthly, instead of the local timmies? Could be as simple as getting the word out, as that.
    The thing is, I think it's important we stress a purpose for this particular meet. We could wear signs for roadawareness.ca and promote road awareness in general. I say this because I know meets can get out of hand sometimes with a bunch of sportbikes in close proximity. Not that I have anything against the occasional wheelie, but I think that if this starts to become an observed event, we need to ride like we're all going for our m2 exit.

Somewhere...but I'm not lost. Well...maybe a little.

Thanks Tim for touching base with me.

I want to do a Rally on a Saturday and do a nice slooowww ride downtown. We will notify the media and if they don't want to come to us...we will ride right past all their stations. Our slow pace will impair traffic to a point but not so much so that we will be hated for it.

I need to sort a day out for this. I like the idea of using a common day of the month, although I may not be able to attend everyone. That said though, I'm sure we can find someone else who is well spoken on camera just in case the media does cover it.

I'm thinking May 9th. We also have the Spring Bling on May 17th that we are now associated with, so that will give us two events in May...Motorcycle Awareness Month.

I'm glad this is coming together. I have a friend in the media that I'll be talking with tomorrow night, in regards to getting them to come out to our 'RoadAwareness' rides! I also think it's a great idea to join with the 'Critical Mass' rides somehow...to all come together since we all are getting affected greatly by inattentive/reckless driving! P.S. What is going on with the distraction law???

Are we as motorcylists doing everything we can to be seen?

If you dress all in black and ride a black bike isn't it a little hypocritical to complain you weren't seen?

Just think about it for half a minute before you flame away.

And please don't start with Loud pipes......
    ride - if you want to

Keep watching for new a new thread on this topic and discussion on a monthly ride. This thread is all over the place and has deferred from the original topic.

Thanks to all for your support

2008 Honda VTX 1300 C, Cobra Speedster Shorts, Kuryakyn Skull Ram Air, Kuryakyn Ergo Guards, Ultimate Seat. Flame thrower, don't stay too close.

Thanks Zenrider let us know the outcome

Quote Originally Posted by zenrider View Post
    I'm glad this is coming together. I have a friend in the media that I'll be talking with tomorrow night, in regards to getting them to come out to our 'RoadAwareness' rides! I also think it's a great idea to join with the 'Critical Mass' rides somehow...to all come together since we all are getting affected greatly by inattentive/reckless driving! P.S. What is going on with the distraction law???

2008 Honda VTX 1300 C, Cobra Speedster Shorts, Kuryakyn Skull Ram Air, Kuryakyn Ergo Guards, Ultimate Seat. Flame thrower, don't stay too close.

Quote Originally Posted by zenrider View Post
    P.S. What is going on with the distraction law???
    The "distraction law" you refer to is actually the "hand-held device ban" that was just passed about a week ago. It will become effective sometime in the Fall.

At that point using any hand-held device while in motion will be a $500 offence. Use of hands-free phone kits and mounted GPS units will still be allowed.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtbag View Post
    Are we as motorcylists doing everything we can to be seen?

If you dress all in black and ride a black bike isn't it a little hypocritical to complain you weren't seen?

Just think about it for half a minute before you flame away.

And please don't start with Loud pipes......
    You are right, I dress in black and my bike is black and red, I do admit it isn't probably the smartest thing to do but I like to wear black, However, a lot of the riders that have gone down were in pretty bright colors, it's all about distracted people driving

Greetings everyone, in response to so many recent incidents on our roads recently, I'm going to hold an awareness rally on May 9th.

Details can be found at:
    http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum/showthread.php?t=85661