GTA place for dirt bikes

Thread: GTA place for dirt bikes

kuzia11

Talking GTA place for dirt bikes

hello people !!! i will be super thank for more info for all like me , where is the nearest places in GTA to ride dirt bike. i rided one near sherway garden , i also did look for steeles and 410 , but did not find it .Please post more info , please

Re: GTA place for dirt bikes

A little bit of a drive but the Gannys are great. You didnt miss much with not finding 410 and steels.......theres tons of ruts in it. Not too technical but super tough.

kuzia11

..about 20 years ago , when USSR was on the map i did not bad on CZ 125 ( chekozlovacian bike ) now me and my next door neighbour bought the 3 bikes , me , nim and his son .will be nice to find some close by place to GTA , ganny is the ganaraska forest ? its about 120 km from toronto ?

the ganny is one of best place that i have ever ridden in ontario

Go to dirtybikes.ca to hook up with people who ride and find out where to ride!

Cheers

Ganaraska is about 45 min from toronto. You really aren't going to find anywhere else closer. I haven't been in a few years but 410 and Steeles is garbage. We used to go there to mess around on our 50s but I wouldn't bother with real bikes there.

Ganaraska is the closest to Toronto and pretty much the best offroad riding you'll find in Ontario. Just remember, you'll need offroad plates and insurance.

I have a green plate from a long time ago. I can just transfer it over to a ktm 450sx and get offroad insurance to ride the gannY?

Quote Originally Posted by Mikel View Post
    I have a green plate from a long time ago. I can just transfer it over to a ktm 450sx and get offroad insurance to ride the gannY?
    I believe green plates can be transferred, but you would have to do it at the ministry of course (so that they have updated VIN info to match what bike the green plate belongs to). Last I checked, a green plate was $35 - so even if you can't transfer it to your other bike it won't be a big expense.

Green plates do not need to be renewed yearly - it's a one time fee. That, plus insurance, plus a Ganny pass (either yearly or daily) is all you require.
    My Adventures in Dirt : http://www.youtube.com/xhumeka

Quote Originally Posted by kuzia11 View Post
    ..about 20 years ago , when USSR was on the map i did not bad on CZ 125 ( chekozlovacian bike ) now me and my next door neighbour bought the 3 bikes , me , nim and his son .will be nice to find some close by place to GTA , ganny is the ganaraska forest ? its about 120 km from toronto ?
    hey I had 20 years ago CZ350, still miss 2T, could start it up in -20C
    cops hated that bike and me too
    try Simco county forest, see www.odsc.on.ca
    why not to try the tracks: motopark, eaglenest?

I wanted to take my 8 year old to some open concept place so that he could ride his CRF70. Does anyone know exactly where HW410 and Steeles trails are located?

Quote Originally Posted by aneconsulting View Post
    I wanted to take my 8 year old to some open concept place so that he could ride his CRF70. Does anyone know exactly where HW410 and Steeles trails are located?
    I wouldn't go there. I was there yesterday there are ton of new signs posted so expect to be ticketed like crazy
    Cool Running