DRZ400SM or WR250X?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DRZ400SM or WR250X?

Cabbie

Arrow DRZ400SM or WR250X?

Just sold my Ninja hoping to get a WR250X. I cant seem to find any used ones ? There seems to be more used DRZ's for sale. Which do you prefer? I have read most of the reviews on both bikes, but for what I am going to use it for (mostly city driving), which bike will give me the best bang for the buck?

Thanks

Re: DRZ400SM or WR250X?

The Yammy would be the better deal as it is lighter and has EFI if you are sticking only to the city. I'd go with the DRZ if more highway riding was involved.
    Quote Originally Posted by reciprocity View Post
    Andreas and frekeyguy,
    Both of you ride supersport bikes on the street, and neither of you do it very well.
    Their intended purpose was for racing, why don't you guys buy scooters, the handling ability of a vespa is still beyond anything either of you are going to need.

Quote Originally Posted by Cabbie View Post
    Just sold my Ninja hoping to get a WR250X. I cant seem to find any used ones ?
    It's still a new bike (2nd year in sales) and not the least expensive (I doubt Yamaha sold more than 20 nation wide so far ...). It's roughly the same money as DRZ400 when new, so people mostly go for DRZ. I personally would choose WR because it's new technology, looks better, more frugal on gas .... either one is not a good choice for hwy travel, but you probably know that.

FazerRider

the wr2x has been on sale in japan for awhile now. yeah i'd pick the wr2x.

Cabbie

Thanks for the input.

I rode both and chose the DRZ, I find it pulls harder goes a wee bit faster and there are way more aftermarket parts for it to make even more power. For about a 1500$ you could have a 40-45 HP bike. Ive done only the basic mods to my DRZ and it's a totally different bike Pipe, 3x3, Jd jetting 400$. I have heard good things about the WRX though but just found it wasn't enough for me. whichever you choose, their fun as hell

D

Quote Originally Posted by mxs View Post
    It's still a new bike (2nd year in sales) and not the least expensive (I doubt Yamaha sold more than 20 nation wide so far ...). It's roughly the same money as DRZ400 when new, so people mostly go for DRZ. I personally would choose WR because it's new technology, looks better, more frugal on gas .... either one is not a good choice for hwy travel, but you probably know that.
    I ride mine on the highway just fine, did the 401 yesterday for 1hour.....I have changed the sprockets though.

D

found 1....if you haven't seen it already.

http://toronto.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehi...AdIdZ123552507

expensive little bike eh....

D

didn't realize the WR was "limited edition" with the x package... anything to sell a bike i guess.

Cabbie

Thanks D. 7,000? Must be because it's "Limited Edition"

Quote Originally Posted by DRZSMDUDE View Post
    I ride mine on the highway just fine, did the 401 yesterday for 1hour.....I have changed the sprockets though.

D
    My CBR125R will does highway as well, no problem. But neither bike is built for hwy. Anything with two wheels and able to reach 100km/h will surely be able to travel hwy, but I wouldn't want to do it on consistent, albeit, short basis .... It's not fun at all.

Quote Originally Posted by DRZSMDUDE View Post
    I rode both and chose the DRZ, I find it pulls harder goes a wee bit faster and there are way more aftermarket parts for it to make even more power. For about a 1500$ you could have a 40-45 HP bike. Ive done only the basic mods to my DRZ and it's a totally different bike Pipe, 3x3, Jd jetting 400$. I have heard good things about the WRX though but just found it wasn't enough for me. whichever you choose, their fun as hell

D
    If Suzuki finally threw in EFI, I would give the DRZ consideration. Just something I look for.

FazerRider

cant wait to yami to make a WR4X. it'd be a seller!

Quote Originally Posted by FazerRider View Post
    cant wait to yami to make a WR4X. it'd be a seller!
    Totally agree, every time I've seen the 250 in the showroom, I tell the sales guy I would buy one if it was a 450.
    If it was a 450, I would have bought it instead of the FZ6... But no dealio, the Japanese gotta realize we have big fat north american ***** to haul around our highways lol.

FazerRider

Quote Originally Posted by rmemedic View Post
    Totally agree, every time I've seen the 250 in the showroom, I tell the sales guy I would buy one if it was a 450.
    If it was a 450, I would have bought it instead of the FZ6... But no dealio, the Japanese gotta realize we have big fat north american ***** to haul around our highways lol.
    yeah man same here. i almost bought the wr2x but went for the fizzer too. where you located? we should go ride. fizzer owners unite lol.

Ktm 690sm
    where's the wind?!

aprillia SXV.

Thumbs up Re: DRZ400SM or WR250X?

Quote Originally Posted by Cabbie View Post
    Just sold my Ninja hoping to get a WR250X. I cant seem to find any used ones ? There seems to be more used DRZ's for sale. Which do you prefer? I have read most of the reviews on both bikes, but for what I am going to use it for (mostly city driving), which bike will give me the best bang for the buck?

Thanks
    I'm totaly with you on getting a supermoto......on my first bike (GS500F) and will probably get a supermoto next!!

Quote Originally Posted by FazerRider View Post
    yeah man same here. i almost bought the wr2x but went for the fizzer too. where you located? we should go ride. fizzer owners unite lol.
    I'm up in CFB Petawawa, frequent the peterborough area but typically am racing the MX bike with MMRS on the weekends.
    I will be at the spring bling so hopefully see ya there!
    What year is your bike? I have an 05... and it's black as well.

Quote Originally Posted by reciprocity View Post
    aprillia SXV.
    i think the maintenance schedule might scare people off that one?