anyone want to ride sat in pickering

Thread: anyone want to ride sat in pickering

anyone want to ride sat in pickering

anyone want to go for a ride this saturday. I was thinking pickering pits as i need to stay close to home

cell 416 877 7854

bryan

Re: anyone want to ride sat in pickering

was out there today [fri 4ish]..NOBODY there!! too big a place and to far from parking to be alone!! heading to Northumberland sat. with friends will keep your number for future rides..

Quote Originally Posted by dolphan View Post
    was out there today [fri 4ish]..NOBODY there!! too big a place and to far from parking to be alone!! heading to Northumberland sat. with friends will keep your number for future rides..
    I thought Northhumberland was closed until May 2nd? You should verify it's open before riding there - there's already enough pressure to keep ORV's out of the area.
    My Adventures in Dirt : http://www.youtube.com/xhumeka

for sure man i get off at 1:00 most fridays.

no postings up stating may 2 opening...if there closing it down it wont matter if we wait or not!! if they are leaving it open they should really post opening date??

Quote Originally Posted by dolphan View Post
    no postings up stating may 2 opening...if there closing it down it wont matter if we wait or not!! if they are leaving it open they should really post opening date??
    I agree - they should do a better job at communicating.. here's a copy/paste from another forum:

>>> Northumberland Forest Update, April 15, 2009
    by warrent on Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:00 pm
    Hi trail riders. The following is a bit of an update on the Northumberland Forest issue. A bit of good news is that County Council today unanimously passed Northumberland Trail Riders request to hold our annual trail ride in May. Hurrah!
    County Staff have stated that there will not be a formal presentation of the trail proposal, to County Council until July 2009. Having said that, another issue has come to light. Some of you people who were at the Open House in Baltimore last month might be aware that a Mete Chief was present and was quite incensed that the Mete were not consulted on the entire FAC process which is contrary to a recent Supreme Court Decision on the issue of the Mete having to be consulted in situations such as this.
    I spoke with Chief Wayne Trudeau today, who happens to live about 800 metres away from me, and he assures me that the FAC process is on hold until his people are consulted! Consulted and dealt with to thier satisfaction.
    Aside from that NTR/OFTR have a two part strategy. First the final decision on the Northumberland Forest will be made by seven councillors. Each, a mayor of the seven mucipalities within Northumberland County. I met with the first one of them today and plan to meet with each of the others prior to July and plead our case in person.
    Secondly, NTR/OFTR is hosting a “Trail Awareness Day (s) on May 08 & 09. All of the County and Township Councillors within Northumberland, the Forest Advisory Committee as well as the local press are invited. We have decided not to invite the general public.
    We believe that people are being asked to make decisions on something that most have never seen and some who don’t even know what we are talking about when we use the term, ‘single-track trail. It is our belief that if these decision makers will come out and take a look at the trail they will have a much better opinion of the situation.
    Next on my rant here today is an appeal for everyone to stay away from the Northumberland for another two weeks! We are not allowed into the Ganaraska until May 01 and the same conditions apply here. We motorcyclists will be under more scrutiny this year than ever before so I urge everyone to ‘do-the-right-thing’ and not ride here until May.
    BTW, I still have dregs of snow in my yard so I know there will still be ice and frost in much of the forest and at the edge of each frost patch is mud.
    So, remember, we are the ambassadors of our sport and our actions in the Northumberland Forest in the next few months can have long lasting effects.
    Thank You all for reading,
    Warren Thaxter…………..
    Last edited by Xhumeka; 04-27-2009 at 11:08 AM.
    My Adventures in Dirt : http://www.youtube.com/xhumeka

understood ....but for the visitors that don't know whats happening in this area it should be posted ..just to be on the safe side of it all!!

Just join OFTR or a club of your choice and you will get all this info and more.Plus you can do your part in grooming the trails that we all use.