Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

SOAR - Sunday Practice - April 26 2009

Ken,

Any idea of the schedule on sunday?

Anything special we need to bring?

Posting a thread to help inform others.

Any advice?
    R e a d S l o w l y ! - Children at Play.

Re: SOAR - Sunday Practice - April 26 2009

Quote Originally Posted by eastcoast_gsx View Post
    Ken,

Any idea of the schedule on sunday?

Anything special we need to bring?

Posting a thread to help inform others.

Any advice?
    Gates will open at 7:30ish and riders meeting at 8:15.
    Tech will be open with two benches at 7:30. Tech will be as per SOAR rulebook with a liberal leaning. You will be allowed small indicresions but told what needs fixing before May 8. No glass no mirrors no coolant no stands will be allowed at all. We want you to be race ready however we also realize that some direction will be needed for first timers.
    The sessions will be diveded as needed per capacity and numbers. They will be revolving in 20 min groups. We will be conducting a new marshal school that day as well. Bic will be looking at different configurations that he may try troughout the day as well. I have confirmation that Pirelli and Bridgestone will be in attendance for tires as well as Bic for leathers. Not sure if Bluestreak will be there with Dunlop (they are doing Pro6 distribution at SOAR events) as well as Continential. VP is on site with fuel.
    This is open to SOAR competitors only.
    Hope that helps.

Configurations? As in track or marshals?

There really is only one track config that bikes can run at TMP and that's full track 3kms. I know the marshal school will be on that day and they are going to be in the class room part of the day and then get out there for some hands on.

Ken are you guys going to be moving those big new bales that came in on Saturday, in time for the practice?
    SOAR Novice #113

Quote Originally Posted by DaveP View Post
    There really is only one track config that bikes can run at TMP and that's full track 3kms. I know the marshal school will be on that day and they are going to be in the class room part of the day and then get out there for some hands on.

Ken are you guys going to be moving those big new bales that came in on Saturday, in time for the practice?
    Those barriers will be in place before Sunday there are 26 at the momment and we will have 50 total. Bic's idea is to alter the approach to the final corner to take away the angle at the exit. If you rode Shannonville before 02 you will understand the idea. They did it there on Bic's direction.
    This is just an idea at the momment and may not happen. Bic and myself and a few other key people will be there Sat morning so this may not even effect the riders on Sunday.
    Our goal is to protect the riders the best way possible against a wall strike and we are looking at every thing possible to do that.
    We will be placing barrier after the chicane off the exit of the left hander near the track on the other end of the hairpin. This will be there to stop an overshoot/ghost bike from entrering the track again in a possible T bone scenario we will also be blocking in the "trackday" pit out against a crash into the paved area/pit in lane. We will be using proper pit out at the far end of the wall and this area will be available for pit space.

Sounds good, can you guys leave a bale where the ambulance wall currently is, I know it's not likely someone will hit that, but it really could hurt if ever a freak incident occurs with two riders bumping before the final corner. Just out of curiosity is Bic using a combination of variable density bales to progressively absorb an impact? Easy enough to do.

Quote Originally Posted by kneedragger88 View Post
    Those barriers will be in place before Sunday there are 26 at the momment and we will have 50 total. Bic's idea is to alter the approach to the final corner to take away the angle at the exit. If you rode Shannonville before 02 you will understand the idea. They did it there on Bic's direction.
    This is just an idea at the momment and may not happen. Bic and myself and a few other key people will be there Sat morning so this may not even effect the riders on Sunday.
    Our goal is to protect the riders the best way possible against a wall strike and we are looking at every thing possible to do that.
    We will be placing barrier after the chicane off the exit of the left hander near the track on the other end of the hairpin. This will be there to stop an overshoot/ghost bike from entrering the track again in a possible T bone scenario we will also be blocking in the "trackday" pit out against a crash into the paved area/pit in lane. We will be using proper pit out at the far end of the wall and this area will be available for pit space.
    SOAR Novice #113

track he wants to look at altering the final corner like he did with Shanny a few years ago. Dont know if that will fly or not but we may try some things its up to him.

Bic will be looking at different configurations that he may try troughout the day as well.
    Hun? As in where to locate the bales or air fence stuff? Or the actual track layout?
    SOAR Novice #113

Gates will open at 7:30ish and riders meeting at 8:15.
    Tech will be open with two benches at 7:30. Tech will be as per SOAR rulebook with a liberal leaning. You will be allowed small indicresions but told what needs fixing before May 8. No glass no mirrors no coolant no stands will be allowed at all. We want you to be race ready however we also realize that some direction will be needed for first timers.
    The sessions will be diveded as needed per capacity and numbers. They will be revolving in 20 min groups. We will be conducting a new marshal school that day as well. Bic will be looking at different configurations that he may try troughout the day as well. I have confirmation that Pirelli and Bridgestone will be in attendance for tires as well as Bic for leathers. Not sure if Bluestreak will be there with Dunlop (they are doing Pro6 distribution at SOAR events) as well as Continential. VP is on site with fuel.
    This is open to SOAR competitors only.
    Hope that helps.

so the gates wouldent be open the night before?

Quote Originally Posted by mobius View Post
    so the gates wouldent be open the night before?
    I will try. I will be there myself so I may be able to get it done I will check and post here

The Twisties around Creemore on a '07 SV650S or on the Track on a '03 R6

I will try. I will be there myself so I may be able to get it done I will check and post here
    Any word If we can Camp there Sat Night ?

Quote Originally Posted by CBRJOHN View Post
    Any word If we can Camp there Sat Night ?
    Yes I will be there thje gate may be closed but as long as you dont come in at 3 am we should be able to accomadate. there will be a few of us there.

Confirmed tonight. Kennedy Motorsports will be in attendance with the Michelin line.

cant wait. weather should be nice
    Charly "Magician" Vu

S.O.A.R.
    R.A.C.E.

www.charlyvu.com

Twitter account at : http://twitter.com/CharlyVuRacing
    Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/CharlyVuRacer

david@charlyvu.com

Is the timing and scoring system confirmed?
    Pro # 175

Thanks to my Sponsors: Racer5, SpeedWorx, SpeedGear, Kawasaki Canada,
    Uber-Racing, Pirelli/ Orion Motorsports, Kahuna Powersports, Armour Bodies, WoodCraft, MotoVan, Vortex, TechSpec, Sidi & PitBull

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KR1 View Post
    Is the timing and scoring system confirmed?
    99% its Zoomius RFID we are just waiting the salesman to call back.

99% its Zoomius RFID we are just waiting the salesman to call back.
    Will you want to test this system Sunday?