Barrie and area

Page 1 of 54 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Barrie and area

Barrie and area

New Barrie and Area 2012 season.
    Post rides, get togethers and what nots on here.
    As usual any ride updates or events will be posted up and updated on this first post.
    lets have a save and fun 2012 season.

UPDATES - RIDES - GET TOGETHERS
    Last edited by boooya; 01-01-2012 at 02:35 PM.
    Barrie and area riders.
    http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...d.php?t=123778

Amsoil Oil? PM me

Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.

Re: Barrie and area

Wonder if anyone is interested in getting something together for Saturday Ap 25th? Forecast is 24' and sunny.

I feel a Muskoka ride coming . Anyone been up that way that can report on road conditions, Big Chute may also be a good run.

I'll be up in Penetang that weekend and on Saturday I plan on trying to meet up with the riders going on that Algonquin run... Otherwise, I may just head to Calabogie and ride Elephant Lake Rd and the 507.... Going to try and make the meeting spot of Port Perry for 8:30 which may be a bit tough...
    www.shanekingsley.com - House (and jungle) Music All Night Long

The Big Map of Ontario's Best Roads.

I'd be interested in a Barrie meet. Let me know what nights and I'll make the ones that I can...What time do you guys plan on leaving this Saturday?
    Keep your head on a swivel!!

I was looking at the Algonquin group as well, but I might just try to ride from Barrie and hope for company. 507 / Elephant / Calabogie / Big Chute (conditions on Big Chute anyone?) are all possibilities as far as I'm concerned.

I'll be moving to Barrie in July, I don't know anyone there at all so if you guys get a weekly meet I will most likely be coming once I move there.

im in for a weekly meet!
    08 CBR 600RR

Any suggestions on meeting times and spot? Innisfil Beach road and 400 has a good sized parking lot, Timmies and gas station, also good central location for rides. Not sure if they would give us hassle on loitering lol. Another good spot is the A&W at Young and Big Bay Point. Open to suggestions

Quote Originally Posted by rrdawg View Post
    im in for a weekly meet!
    Hey rrdawg how've you been? You get the wife a new bike yet? That 125 was having a hard time keeping up last year.
    Last edited by boooya; 04-20-2009 at 07:11 PM.

As for locations. Innisfil and 400 are good cuz on the opposite side of the road there is a large carpark(public). Another good spot is essa and ardagh(esso station) or mapleview and bayview(esso) each location is within' spitting distance of the 400. I'm generally good for weekend rides depending what else is going on socially. The weekdays are generally a write off for me. Keep me posted. Thanks
    It is what it is...

I have a black belt in anger!

There is usually a group that meet up Friday nights at Starbucks (Essa and Veterans Dr) after 6(as the weather warms up it is around 8pm). You can also check out www.blacktopriders.com
    2002 r6-street
    2000 r6- track

Also interested in group rides around here and further north.
    The Algonquin ride looks interesting too... Going to go read the rest of that thread now...

John

I,m in for a ride, I live in Belle Ewart, not far from Barrie

Quote Originally Posted by boooya View Post
    Any suggestions on meeting times and spot? Innisfil Beach road and 400 has a good sized parking lot, Timmies and gas station, also good central location for rides. Not sure if they would give us hassle on loitering lol. Another good spot is the A&W at Young and Big Bay Point. Open to suggestions

Hey rrdawg how've you been? You get the wife a new bike yet? That 125 was having a hard time keeping up last year.
    hey boooya
    ya the wife upgraded from that 125 to a yamaha r6. so no worries about her now lol
    08 CBR 600RR

Dano80

i'm in !

I'm In too.......name the place!

How is everyone for a morning until mid-afternoon run? Any of the meeting spots are fine; how about Tim Horton's at Innisfil Bch Rd & 400 (East side of 400 or Thornton? The Thornton spot seems to be popular with bikes). I'm good for 9am - 9:30 ish meeting time, but am open.

Hey Jon! It's Laura. Be great to ride with you again!

L

Quote Originally Posted by statsgeek View Post
    How is everyone for a morning until mid-afternoon run? Any of the meeting spots are fine; how about Tim Horton's at Innisfil Bch Rd & 400 (East side of 400 or Thornton? The Thornton spot seems to be popular with bikes). I'm good for 9am - 9:30 ish meeting time, but am open.

L
    You thinking of Saturday? Im thinking of a Muskoka ride this Sat. with a few friends.

anyone headed to the spring bling sunday from barrie??
    08 CBR 600RR

Quote Originally Posted by statsgeek View Post

L

hey laura
    not sure about sat might head up to gpbikes.
    you going to the spring bling on sunday?
    08 CBR 600RR