Raglan ?? - Page 3

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Raglan ??

Banned

Re: Raglan ??

Maybe a stupid question as I have never been there.... are there post NO TRESPASSING signs at all entrances? If not, no trespassing........

Quote Originally Posted by SlowNLow View Post
    Maybe a stupid question as I have never been there.... are there post NO TRESPASSING signs at all entrances? If not, no trespassing........
    Sign Sign everywhere a sign
    Blocking out the scenery breaking my mind
    Do this, don't do that, can't you read the sign

And the sign said anybody caught trespassing would be shot on sight
    So I jumped on the fence and yelled at the house, Hey! what gives you the right To put up a fence to keep me out or to keep mother nature in
    If God was here, he'd tell you to your face, man you're some kinda sinner
    R e a d S l o w l y ! - Children at Play.

Raglan is now off limits .
    The Ganaraska now has partrols with zero tolerance for no licence ,no insurance and no pass.
    They will also kick you out for a dumbass loud bike .

What kind of patrols? Like OPP or something else?

Raglans and the East Cross Forest area (aka test hill aka Baldy) are both really bad areas to be riding.

Both areas are private property and/or offlimits, bottom line -- nobody is supposed to be in there.

Any motorized vehicle user, Bike, ATV, 4x4 going in there just gives the greenies the leverage they need to remove our access from EVERY riding area. It's so insanely high profile it's like doing doughnuts on queens park front lawn.

Ride wherever you want -- just please don't ride there, it really hurts everyone.

is this the east cross forest area, you speak of>??
    http://maps.google.ca/maps/ms?ie=UTF...08256&t=h&z=18

if not does anyone know about this place?

Quote Originally Posted by sighless View Post
    is this the east cross forest area, you speak of>??
    http://maps.google.ca/maps/ms?ie=UTF...08256&t=h&z=18

if not does anyone know about this place?
    lmao, you really are on a hunt for "grey" areas aren't you!?!

A $115 trespassing fine will pay for your green plate AND insurance for the year
    My Adventures in Dirt : http://www.youtube.com/xhumeka

Quote Originally Posted by Xhumeka View Post
    lmao, you really are on a hunt for "grey" areas aren't you!?!

A $115 trespassing fine will pay for your green plate AND insurance for the year
    Im just looking for options..

ganaraska forest is not open all year round.

I am curious what ever happened to the Raglan pits. Haven't been there since 2009. Did some googling and didnt find much. Did they ever close it down or are the hooligans still showing up every weekend ?

Quote Originally Posted by jdepp View Post
    I am curious what ever happened to the Raglan pits. Haven't been there since 2009. Did some googling and didnt find much. Did they ever close it down or are the hooligans still showing up every weekend ?
    Last time I was in there:

There were rent-a-cops driving around giving out tickets! I can't remember what they were for, trespass I think.

Didn't go there last year, maybe me and Z1K will have to head back in there this year!!! Was so much fun.

*note to self: must buy steering damper before going back!

-Jamie M.
    Scarborough group ride 4.0! Every Sunday, 1:30, Timmies at KC!!! Facebook group!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ItIsWhatItIs View Post
    In any case what difference does it make where you reduce the amount of teeth in a sprocket, front or rear? The effect will be the same. Most change the front sprocket because it's easier to source that sprocket. It's apparent, sprockets are not your strong suit.
    ^^^ OMG ROFL!!! ^^^

Dress for the crash, not for the ride...

Was there last year in June or july can't remember but week day and me and buddy only 2 there. When we were leaving local guy said they are ticketing your vehicle when you park on the road that way they have your info and then know your riding there.

Quote Originally Posted by jdepp View Post
    The hooligans are still there, lots of 'em. Cops still go in regularly and hand out tickets.

I ride by there a couple times a week and I see cops at least 25% of the time.

The way I look at it, one trespassing ticket pretty much pays for my Ganny pass for the year. If they catch you on one of the road allowances without a blue plate and insurance.... Well, it could end up costing you a couple grand if the cop wants to be a prick.

Just ride the Ganny. It is less than 10 mins from Raglan.
    05 DRZ400SM
    93 ZX-7
    02 RM125

agree. I ride in the area but stay clear of Raglan. It's asking for a ticket.

Yeah I dont think I would go back although I may just ride the road since I am blue plated and go by the pits and see whats happening. As long as the road is open I guess they will never be able to stop people from going in there.It really is like something out of a Mad Max movie with some of the characters and vehicles that show up there. I have seen just about every kind of 4 wheel vehicle you could think of come in on trailers there. its quite the show

Quote Originally Posted by toysareforboys View Post
    Last time I was in there:

There were rent-a-cops driving around giving out tickets! I can't remember what they were for, trespass I think.

Didn't go there last year, maybe me and Z1K will have to head back in there this year!!! Was so much fun.

*note to self: must buy steering damper before going back!

-Jamie M.
    Hey Jamie, if you want relive our 09 ride, I know enough trails that avoid Raglan that we can ride 80% off road from Whitby to Bewdley and even out to Trenton.

Ragland memories

I've been quad'ing in that area for over 20 years.....
    (does anyone remember the GUN pit there?....shoot what you brung..)
    there ARE area's that are off limits to the COPS and to us offroader's , its just a matter of where you are when they come in....I've camped there about 3 times a year.....upto 3 days at a time...they never kicked my fly to my tent open!!!
    seen my share of car burnings...forest fires..cops on quads, cars, trucks......and the best.....heat seeking helicopter at 2am...
    and memorial sites of fallen riders
    I've never been given a ticket...
    HINT....stay away from the house that has a grass runway and a Cesna by the front door

some day when I have time, I'll pull up google earth.....and mark some stuff
    I think that whole area is 40klms long by 3klms wide incuding the Ganny....
    I wore out 4 quads there....and almost died myself
    awesome place.....great times

I had the Busa in there

maybe it's the Gixer's turn?
    I ride hard & fast on street and track.....get the right advice @ Riders Choice .......I dive deep with The Dive Academy in Oakville.....come dive with us

"seen my share of car burnings...forest fires..cops on quads, cars, trucks......and the best.....heat seeking helicopter at 2am...
    and memorial sites of fallen riders
    "....and dead bodies tucked away folded in half, or was that somewhere else???

i have been by there a few times this year, lots of people riding, no cops. i did notice that durham police put up a video on youtube about raglan a few weeks ago though..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0Bl841Q67U