Cycle world superstore - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cycle world superstore

Re: Cycle world superstore

Ok, are the people at the Cycle World in Scarborough the same people as the Motorcycle Superstore that was or is on River Street downtown?

I don't know why I bother to ask, just curious I guess. Both stores had pretty near the worst service I had ever experienced.

I see that the "John Factor", (a term I've used for his fits and obvious lack in customer relations skills) has shown it's ugly face once again. I do feel really bad for the employees there. No matter how hard they try to do their best this "Factor" will always leave a bad taste in customers mouths. The employees in the front building can not be blamed for his pricing (I like Trish and James), which I don't find that out of the park BTW, and the mechanics in the back can not be blamed for what he chooses to charge for certain services. But I do have to say that since I moved to the Bloor/Dundas area I've been calling different shops to guage different service prices on oil changes, tire changes and full tune ups and maybe they have started to listen because Mark told me that they charge .5 hours($40) for a oil change, almost across the board, (he said something about the Vstar 1100 I believe) and now charge $100 for both tires on a bike. Other than maybe Rosey toes, that is no where near some of the numbers I've heard from different shops. Powerhouses and most dealerships (Snowcity etc) are way above these numbers in time/hourly charge.

I'm not trying to defend them, but I continue to go there, I've made no secret about the fact that I will trust Mark with my bike any day, I love the way he takes the time to explain stuff in ways that I get it and never has a problem teaching or walking me through things I want to tackle on my own. He even came over to my place and showed me how to winterize my bike and refused money bacause he said "You did all the work, I just showed you what to do." Because of his teaching me I am totally comfortable doing my own oil changes now. Wonder if he'll come show me how to check my valves (HINT HINT, don't get mad Mark I'm just kidding)

If I'm ever on the receiving end of "THE FACTOR" at any time I too would wonder if John would ever see a penny of mine ever again so I totally get why people get so upset at him, but like I said I feel bad for the employees. John makes laugh so I will still continue to go there. He's an aquired taste I guess.

Just my thoughts, whatever thats worth
    Ride Safe Toronto
    The Motorcycler

Quote Originally Posted by katrider View Post
    Ok, are the people at the Cycle World in Scarborough the same people as the Motorcycle Superstore that was or is on River Street downtown?

I don't know why I bother to ask, just curious I guess. Both stores had pretty near the worst service I had ever experienced.

Yes they are.
    Motorcycle Superstore closed down and reopened as Cycleword Superstore.
    Exact same owners, just a different location, different name.
    Everyone dies, but not everyone lives.
    When you turn your bike on, does it return the favor?

2008 GSXR 750
    -Eve-
    Mississauga

Quote Originally Posted by katrider View Post

Yup, same ****, different pile.

I've only been to cycleworld superstore once, and I'm a noob, but I had a good experience. Nice people, helped but didn't hassle me. Tried on a bunch of stuff, and checked out used bikes in the back. Only thing i was disappointed in was lack of leather jackets in my size (medium).

So heres a question. I've heard people on here bash or just 'take issue with' (in terms of [including but not limited to] inventory, customer service, prices) Cycleworld, Riders Choice, Royal Distributing, Parker Bros., Pannon and Envy. Where do you guys recommend n the GTA? For gear? For service? For buying bikes?

Quote Originally Posted by The Motorcycler View Post
    I see that the "John Factor", (a term I've used for his fits and obvious lack in customer relations skills) has shown it's ugly face once again. I do feel really bad for the employees there. No matter how hard they try to do their best this "Factor" will always leave a bad taste in customers mouths. The employees in the front building can not be blamed for his pricing (I like Trish and James), which I don't find that out of the park BTW, and the mechanics in the back can not be blamed for what he chooses to charge for certain services. But I do have to say that since I moved to the Bloor/Dundas area I've been calling different shops to guage different service prices on oil changes, tire changes and full tune ups and maybe they have started to listen because Mark told me that they charge .5 hours($40) for a oil change, almost across the board, (he said something about the Vstar 1100 I believe) and now charge $100 for both tires on a bike. Other than maybe Rosey toes, that is no where near some of the numbers I've heard from different shops. Powerhouses and most dealerships (Snowcity etc) are way above these numbers in time/hourly charge.

I'm not trying to defend them, but I continue to go there, I've made no secret about the fact that I will trust Mark with my bike any day, I love the way he takes the time to explain stuff in ways that I get it and never has a problem teaching or walking me through things I want to tackle on my own. He even came over to my place and showed me how to winterize my bike and refused money bacause he said "You did all the work, I just showed you what to do." Because of his teaching me I am totally comfortable doing my own oil changes now. Wonder if he'll come show me how to check my valves (HINT HINT, don't get mad Mark I'm just kidding)

If I'm ever on the receiving end of "THE FACTOR" at any time I too would wonder if John would ever see a penny of mine ever again so I totally get why people get so upset at him, but like I said I feel bad for the employees. John makes laugh so I will still continue to go there. He's an aquired taste I guess.

Just my thoughts, whatever thats worth
    That's a very good write up... I have not been to their store front myself, but I like your reference to "the factor" as I think every business in every industry has one of those "factors" that can cause a lot of grief to customers but you often can't get rid of them as they own it/or are valuable in some way.

They were great to me at the show though, willing to price match, just generally helpful.
    Janice

i was there yesterday... keith i believe his name was (teh ponytail nose-ring guy) ... very helpful and friendly... id definately shop there again- its just not close to where i live.

2007 Lotus Exige S ~ the grocery-getter
    2004 ZX6R ~ the daily commuter (sold)
    2005 GSXR 1000 ~ the scary thing in my garage (sold to my insurer lol)
    2007 GSXR 1000 ~ the newer scary thing in my garage