Street plated bike offroad? - Page 3

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Street plated bike offroad?

Re: Street plated bike offroad?

Wow, that's a little deep. I sure hope his engine wasn't running when he got in there

-Jamie M.
    Scarborough group ride 4.0! Every Sunday, 1:30, Timmies at KC!!! Facebook group!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ItIsWhatItIs View Post
    In any case what difference does it make where you reduce the amount of teeth in a sprocket, front or rear? The effect will be the same. Most change the front sprocket because it's easier to source that sprocket. It's apparent, sprockets are not your strong suit.
    ^^^ OMG ROFL!!! ^^^

Dress for the crash, not for the ride...

Clean body work at least on that RC.

As for our offroading friend.... I hope you plan to crash/write off/burn/dispose of that R6, as this thread successfully dropped its resale to a whole of $1000...

Like recip' already said...

At the end if the year it will be up for sale in the classifieds: Never abused, babied always.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmy View Post
    Clean body work at least on that RC.

As for our offroading friend.... I hope you plan to crash/write off/burn/dispose of that R6, as this thread successfully dropped its resale to a whole of $1000...

Like recip' already said...

At the end if the year it will be up for sale in the classifieds: Never abused, babied always.
    It's no different than taking your bike to the track or drag strip.
    Quote Originally Posted by reciprocity View Post
    Andreas and frekeyguy,
    Both of you ride supersport bikes on the street, and neither of you do it very well.
    Their intended purpose was for racing, why don't you guys buy scooters, the handling ability of a vespa is still beyond anything either of you are going to need.

That'd be a good challenge for you toys. I'm pretty sure that pic is from Deal's Gap.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnu View Post
    It's no different than taking your bike to the track or drag strip and crashing it repeatedly.
    Corrected.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnu View Post
    It's no different than taking your bike to the track or drag strip.

actually, its significantly different.

the bike in question was specifically designed for the forces and loads of roadracing, not off-road riding.

take a look at a roadrace and mx race bike chassis, they are very different, for good reason.

An MX bike weighs under 300lbs and has 13+in of suspension travel so the suspension bears the loading rather than transfering it direct to the chassis/frame.

a roadrace bike is 400lbs with 6in of suspension travel.

I've seen 30+ 1-2 year old streetbikes torn down to be turned into racers and you'd be AMAZED at how dirty/damaged they get after a season of street riding.

A season of use as being shown in these pics and that bike will be junk.

http://www.visordown.com/articles/vi...ader/6753.html

who says you cant take a ss off road.

Kinda un related, but sick vid on that sight: http://www.visordown.com/articles/vi...lief/6792.html

That guy needs to start stuntin with a SS

-Jamie M.
    Scarborough group ride 4.0! Every Sunday, 1:30, Timmies at KC!!! Facebook group!!
    In any case what difference does it make where you reduce the amount of teeth in a sprocket, front or rear? The effect will be the same. Most change the front sprocket because it's easier to source that sprocket. It's apparent, sprockets are not your strong suit.
    ^^^ OMG ROFL!!! ^^^

Quote Originally Posted by toysareforboys View Post
    Kinda un related, but sick vid on that sight: http://www.visordown.com/articles/vi...lief/6792.html

That guy needs to start stuntin with a SS

-Jamie M.
    W-O-W!!!!!!!!

Thanks for that link - that was unreal!
    My Adventures in Dirt : http://www.youtube.com/xhumeka

This reminds me of the guy that took his R1 around the world, Nick Sanders.

Can't we settle this over a pint?

Pfffft. I beat him in the caked on mud dept

When I had my headers in to get modified yesturday, the guy was like "You said these headers are from a brand new R6?"... "Yep"... "How the F did you bake on so much mud!?!? I had to chisel it off!"... "LOL!"

-Jamie M.
    ^^^ OMG ROFL!!! ^^^

I think reciprocity explained as best as anyone could. Bikes are designed for specific purposes, what's happening to that R6 makes my teeth cringe as I read through this whole thread. I'm not faulting you in any way it's an attention grabber for sure. I used to donuts and burnouts on grass on my R6 and hop small curbs with it but the bike is just show friggin heavy and I don't think a steering damper is gonna do anything major for the sand. Unless you are a wealthy individual I would just buy a more offroad oriented bike. The BMW HP2 (one at honda at brampton right now I believe) cool looking bike and more suited to what you and is also 1200 CC engine in the damn thing!!!

On a side note, even when Charley and Ewan were riding around the world on their bikes they cracked frames and blew out suspensions (mostly rear I believe though, never front) that was on bikes that were supposidly designed for that purpose.

Do you change the oil everytime you ride that thing off road? I'll admit the pictures you posted after it was washed made the bike look almost new.