Jevco Insurance - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jevco Insurance

Re: Jevco Insurance

Can anyone recommend a good Jevco broker. Ive called around and I would have to say a lot of the reps from other companies dont know much about motorcycle insurance.

Baird MacGregor Insurance Brokers
    825 Queen Street East, Toronto
    (416) 778-8000
    "I got a new spleen from a guy who liked to ride motorcycles". Fry, Futurama

My bike is a video star! youtube.com/watch?v=Ju9caIDWQ40

Quote Originally Posted by Rina View Post
    Can anyone recommend a good Jevco broker. Ive called around and I would have to say a lot of the reps from other companies dont know much about motorcycle insurance.
    I went with John Duffy - link's available through this site. Was happy with the process - everything went smoothly & quickly.
    Better to regret something you have done than something you haven't.

Yeah, I'm with Jevco as well. I haven't had to make a claim thankfully. I also went through John Duffy.

I'm getting a little skeptical of them though, or at least the person I deal with. Their polite and all, but last year I called because my quote showed me as 24, when I would be turning 25 less than a month into my policy, as well as to adjust the bike from a naked to fairing version. I heard a quote under 1000, 900 something. However when my new policy came in the mail, the motorcycle change was there, but the age was still 24, and the price was still the original, never got any refund.

This year I called and paid on the 28th, then got a call the next day because the payment didn't go through. They heard the wrong year for the expiration date on the card. A few days later I got a letter from Jevco, stating that my policy would expire may 1st, and that there would be a 50 dollar non payment fee to renew.
    So now I have to call up the broker and get that straightened out.

Its the little things that make you confident for if you actually have to deal with a claim.

John Duffy goes through Jevco?
    -Matt
    1997 VFR750F RC36
    1986 VFR750F Honda Interceptor (sold)
    1986 Honda Interceptor VF500 (sold)
    enhanced by Platinum Powersports

Easyway (JEVCO) on Traders Blvd in Mississauga - Ask for Roger

Quote Originally Posted by slowbird View Post
    John Duffy goes through Jevco?
    Jevco has been one of our companies since their inception which I believe was 1980.
    Free Bike Insurance Quotes
    John R. Duffy Insurance Brokers Limited
    Insuring Motorcycles since 1963
    Toronto - (905)479-2013
    Outside Toronto - Toll Free 1-866-383-3957

Quote Originally Posted by MarcosSantiago View Post
    Do a search, I remember someone posting a positive experience with a claim...
    I have made a claim with Jevco myself, and was VERY pleased with the service. They were very quick, and the settlement for my bike and gear was very generous.
    I'm an Actuarial Analyst for a Major Canadian Insurance Company. I analyse claims patterns to determine overall rate changes, as well as relative premium differences by various risk characteristics (eg. age, experience, claims, convictions, usage, etc.)

Unless it's private, please post insurance-related questions in the forum rather than sending me a PM.

Current: 2001 Suzuki GSXR1000 (4th Season)
    Previous: 1996 Honda VFR750F (4 Seasons)
    Previous: 1998 Kawasaki Ninja EX250 (3 Seasons)

Quote Originally Posted by akr4m View Post
    how much does it cost for insurance if you have a careless driving and 2 minor tickets like a speeding and disobey of sign? I shopped around and got some ridiculous quotes on a 2010 kawasaki ninja 250r. One place quoted me $3600 and other place quoted me $3200....

anyone help?
    That's pretty darned good with that crappy record IMO!
    I'm an Actuarial Analyst for a Major Canadian Insurance Company. I analyse claims patterns to determine overall rate changes, as well as relative premium differences by various risk characteristics (eg. age, experience, claims, convictions, usage, etc.)

Unless it's private, please post insurance-related questions in the forum rather than sending me a PM.

Quote Originally Posted by whimpy View Post
    Making a claim with any insurance company is a pain in the ***, they love taking money but have a hard time letting it go.
    Ontarians would state otherwise. The Financial Services Commission of Ontario conducted a survey of claimants and found that more than 80% were satisfied, and with the vast majority of those being VERY satisfied. I have made a few claims in my lifetime, and also have been more than pleased with the result.

Quote Originally Posted by Rina View Post
    There is a sticky thread for this. Many people have good luck with John Duffy and Avi Singh, who post here on GTAM.