Jevco Insurance

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jevco Insurance

Jevco Insurance

I am currently with Statefarm and my insurance went up quite a bit. (for no reason of my doing)

May get a cheaper quote from "Jevco"

Anyone hear anything good or bad regarding them?
    -Matt
    1997 VFR750F RC36
    1986 VFR750F Honda Interceptor (sold)
    1986 Honda Interceptor VF500 (sold)
    enhanced by Platinum Powersports

Re: Jevco Insurance

I just know they're cheap. I've been with them for two years now. My renewal is just coming up and they want $1013. I called around and it's the cheapest by far. Statefarm wants $1500 for example.

Juan Tanamera

slowbird: jevco is cheepcheep

I've been with Jevco for 5 years and nobody i mean nobody has come close, believe me when i say ive phoned around.

Most company's are the "best" for someone, but not everyone. If there was only one best company then there would only be one company. It pays to shop around. Jevco's rates are pretty good though, so long as you're not on a supersport.

Avi

One thing to consider is their refund policy. After 150 days into your policy you will not get any refund from them. This factors in basically if you wish to cancel or upgrade your bike at any time other than renewal. It basically becomes a lot more expensive for you unless you do it right at renewal..

I just had to deal with this

I just started a policy with Jevco for the new scooter I got. I went with Avi based on recommendations from this forum... so far, so good.

About the price - Jevco was a little bit cheaper than Primmum for the scooter. Not a lot cheaper... I may as well have stayed with Primmum, BUT my motorcycle insurance keep going up steadily with Primmum, so I want to see how a different company works out.

I may move my bike to Jevco at renewal, depends how much Primmum decides to charge me for the next year...
    Security transcends technology

Ok......good. So they are cheap. Thanks.

Anyone ever have to make a claim with them?
    -Matt
    1997 VFR750F RC36

I'm insured with them, reaosnable price for my driving record.. never had to file a claim though
    2002 Suzuki SV650s

Re: Jevco Insurance = Terrible Service

Jevco is indeed cheap. I used them for 2 years until I found a better rate. They then refused to terminate my policy (the policy was about to expire) until I proved to them, with a statement from another insurance company that I was still insured. I don't know what I would have done if I decided to simply stop riding and therefore stop my insurance. They also refused to talk with my insurance broker.

Jevco is out of Quebec. They speak french, with only a single rep speaking English. I had to phone them numerous times to get my situation straightened out, and needed to send them, using registered Canada Post, proof that I was with another company. They refused my fax. Usually when I will terminate an insurance policy I will write up a nice note quoting my insurance policy, bike, name, address, yada yada, and fax it to them, followed up with a phone call. This was unacceptable with Jevco. They also do not return calls to my broker or myself.

I have no experience with making a claim with them, but after my experience I would not use them again. It's not a huge deal to terminate an insurance policy upon the legal end of its insured period. They are cheap, but will they help you when they need to pay out? Signing up for insurance is only one part of your paid insurance service, and I'd say it's the easy part. Has anyone made a claim with Jevco?

Thanks TO Boy for sharing your experience
    -Matt
    1997 VFR750F RC36

Do a search, I remember someone posting a positive experience with a claim...
    Security transcends technology

Quote Originally Posted by MarcosSantiago View Post
    Do a search, I remember someone posting a positive experience with a claim...
    I was searching... I couldn't find it.

I had a claim through Jevco starting in 2006 and resolved in 2008.

http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...ighlight=jevco
    www.shanekingsley.com - House (and jungle) Music All Night Long

The Big Map of Ontario's Best Roads.

Making a claim with any insurance company is a pain in the ***, they love taking money but have a hard time letting it go. I know Jevco has surcharge of 300% for a super sport and yes I just did type three hundred percent. What I pay state farm is $1650.00 cheaper than Jevco quoted. But if you have a large crusier, state farms rates are balls. So I leave the ball in your court and good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by whimpy View Post
    Making a claim with any insurance company is a pain in the ***, they love taking money but have a hard time letting it go. I know Jevco has surcharge of 300% for a super sport and yes I just did type three hundred percent. What I pay state farm is $1650.00 cheaper than Jevco quoted. But if you have a large crusier, state farms rates are balls. So I leave the ball in your court and good luck.
    Not true. I have had many VERY positive experiences making claims in the past (and I did not work for these companies). They treated me better than I had ever expected. I have had family members and friends with the same experiences.

Jevco is excellent for claims (I've written off a bike with them before in a not-at-fault collision), and State Farm is also excellent.
    I'm an Actuarial Analyst for a Major Canadian Insurance Company. I analyse claims patterns to determine overall rate changes, as well as relative premium differences by various risk characteristics (eg. age, experience, claims, convictions, usage, etc.)

Unless it's private, please post insurance-related questions in the forum rather than sending me a PM.

Current: 2001 Suzuki GSXR1000 (4th Season)
    Previous: 1996 Honda VFR750F (4 Seasons)
    Previous: 1998 Kawasaki Ninja EX250 (3 Seasons)

how much does it cost for insurance if you have a careless driving and 2 minor tickets like a speeding and disobey of sign? I shopped around and got some ridiculous quotes on a 2010 kawasaki ninja 250r. One place quoted me $3600 and other place quoted me $3200....

anyone help?
    Last edited by akr4m; 03-31-2011 at 02:24 PM.

I was with Jevco for the last 4 years and just got quotes from TD Meloche Monnex for about half of what I was going to pay with Jevco this season, not saying they'll be cheaper for you+your bike but SHOP AROUND!
    2008 Kawasaki Ninja 650R
    1979 Kawasaki KZ400B2
    2001 Kawasaki EX250-H (SOLD)

Quote Originally Posted by cbr_rr View Post
    One thing to consider is their refund policy. After 150 days into your policy you will not get any refund from them. This factors in basically if you wish to cancel or upgrade your bike at any time other than renewal. It basically becomes a lot more expensive for you unless you do it right at renewal..

I just had to deal with this
    Of course you won't get a refund if you upgrade the bike. That just wouldn't make sense because you'd have a higher rate.
    In my case, I upgraded from the CBR125 to the GS500 with 2 months to the end of my renewal date(May 2011). What they did was prorate the remaining of my remaining policy based on the rate I would've had at the start of the policy, and I just paid the difference.
    To illustrate:
    2010 Rate for CBR125=$1600
    2010 Rate for GS500=$2700
    Difference = $1100
    Difference divided by 12(months) = $91
    Therefore I'd have to pay $91/mo for the remaining months.
    With only two months left(March+April), I'm paying $91/mo to ride the GS500 for the rest of my term =)

Who has two thumbs with a big grin on his face? THIS GUY =D
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~
    Current: '90 GSXR 750
    2nd: '08 Suzuki GS500F (SOLD)
    [Yoshimura TRS Slip-on; K&N Hi-Flo filter; Fenderectomy; Sprockets (F -1/15T-JT | R +2/46T-Driven) ; Renthal Gold Chain; AVON AV45/46 tyres (17K kms and counting) ]
    1st: '08 Honda CBR125R (SOLD)
    [Arrow Slip-on]

"Four wheels carries your body; two wheels carries your soul."
    "I don't ride to be seen, I ride to disappear."

A huge perk with Jevco is that they allow you to have 3 tickets. On the other hand you have to pay them in a lump sum or in four consecutive monthly installments with a 3% surcharge.