Riders Choice... ! - Page 2

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Riders Choice... !

Re: Riders Choice... !

Quote Originally Posted by Roasted View Post
    Must be a pretty slow day at envy if their employees are on here trolling.
    Haha! That's the first thing I thought..
    "We must make an idol of our fear, and call it god." - Antonius Block

The Twisties around Creemore on a '07 SV650S or on the Track on a '03 R6

Quote Originally Posted by godsd3vil View Post
    EVeryone talks of morons but dont see how they are morons them selves... !
    If you go in thinking you're going to buy Dainese for the same price as Joe Rocket or ICON you're going to be disappointed.. It's not the same.

Never delt with John but I've got nothing but good things to say about Andrew and Ryan..

Lousy Prices ?, Their Daytona and Dainese prices are better than buying in the states,, They usually have good specials.. Last time I was there I picked up 2 cases of Motul 5100 for about $25 a jug..
    Last edited by CBRJOHN; 04-15-2009 at 11:21 PM.

Thanks to all the people who corrected my mistakes Next time I have a 2000 word essay I will be sure to post it so you guys can correct it for me!
    Also the guy was just rude I dont know who he was but the way he spoke was out of line.. I said I wanted an ICON helmet. I am a new rider and have no clue about anything so far so I asked for an ICON helmet and he started ranting that they dont carry ICON and its a crappy brand etc etc. After abit,
    He is like if you dont have money for gear why did you buy a bike.. how the hell will you protect yourself!! (THATS NOT HIS F%$?&* PROBLEM)...
    After he said that I just left and ended up spending my money at envy rides and personally I was happy with my experiance there ! Got Gloves, Jacket, Boots and helmet all from envy rides. Mabye riders choice is not a bad place but who ever was there at that time was a prick. If you dont carry what I want kindly say so and show me what you carry, If what you carry is not in my price range kindly say so or explain why your product is better and more expensive ! CONVINCE ME TO BUY IT BUT DONT BE A PRICK JUST BECAUSE I WANT TO SPEND 1K and not 2K ! Sheez ...
    Ok Now ill let you guys correct my errors once again !! Thanks

If your looking for Icon gear then Riders choice is def not the place to go LOL.

Don't get offended, people in this forum like to joke around. Now that you have explained the details of what happened, I am sure everyone will take your comments seriously

Quote Originally Posted by ZX600 View Post
    Don't get offended, people in this forum like to joke around. Now that you have explained the details of what happened, I am sure everyone will take your comments seriously
    Thanks .. also I told him I am a new rider so he should have told me we dont carry ICON.. I wouldnt know what they carry and what they dont but honestly Envy Rides was good, The prices where good too and they gave me a good discount on my gear.

How would you describe John's appearance?

I went there with my wife to get her a helmet. We have been to quite a few places and have tried on a variety of types, and she was interested in getting a Shoei which they had on sale.

An older man took one look at her and said she has an Arai head. She replied that she tried the Arai and didn't quite like the fit. The guy then began to treat her like she was a 5 year old "Do you know what round means? You have a round head. You see? It's like a circle? Shoei's don't fit round heads, they fit long heads; like his."

It was quite insulting; my wife could outsmart this prick if she was high on laughing gas and drunk.

So if it's limited to one person with a bad rep, I might be convinced to try going back... with ripped up shoes of course .

Quote Originally Posted by x86ect View Post

I went there with my wife to get her a helmet. We have been to quite a few places and have tried on a variety of types, and she was interested in getting a Shoei which they had on sale.

An older man took one look at her and said she has an Arai head. She replied that she tried the Arai and didn't quite like the fit. The guy then began to treat her like she was a 5 year old "Do you know what round means? You have a round head. You see? It's like a circle? Shoei's don't fit round heads, they fit long heads; like his."

It was quite insulting; my wife could outsmart this prick if she was high on laughing gas and drunk.

So if it's limited to one person with a bad rep, I might be convinced to try going back... with ripped up shoes of course .
    Yup thats the dude that thinks he is too over smart !! LOL ... he even told me `what did the other sales person tell you`and im like I dont know what did he tell me ? so he goes "He said you dont go for how a helmet looks, you go for how it fits and the ICONS wont fit.. will you still buy an ICON ?" and im like "I HAVENT TRIED ANY HELMET YET IS WHAT I SAID TO YOU WHEN I CAME IN THEREFORE IF IT FITS ILL BUY IF IT DOESNT I WONT .. THANKS" and just left !

Honestly I would go there again even if they had a 75 percent sale or gave me a helmet free ! I dont mind paying a little more but the salesperson speaks with respect and wants my buisness.

Try Envy Rides they have shoei and arai helmets an im sure they will give you a good deal on it ! I bought all my gear from them and they are 7-8 mins away from Riders Choice!

Perhaps he is getting agitated by all of the new blood?

Does anyone know if this individual is the owner? (If he is, then I would choose not to feed this behaviour. If he is just a ruffled employee, then I'd go back.)

Thanks for the recommendation, Devil.

It seems logical that Envy would be a little more catering to the newbs, since they are new as well, and want to build positive long term relationships. The older shops already have their regular customers and don't need to rely on the youngbloods anymore. Unless I'm making an incorrect deduction?

Perhaps he is getting agitated by all of the new blood?

Does anyone know if this individual is the owner?

Thanks for the recommendation, Devil.

It seems logical that Envy would be a little more catering to the newbs, since they are new as well, and want to build positive long term relationships. The older shops already have their regular customers and don't need to rely on the youngbloods anymore. Unless I'm making an incorrect deduction?
    Yes you are right ... they did tell me they were new .. so its true .. just go check it out you have nothing to loose ... I tried 5 helmets, diff sizes brands etc... a couple of gloves and 4 jackets before I made a purchase.
    If you cant find anything there than you can go back to riders choice an just pickup what you like

MarcF650R

John can be and is a curmudgeon, but then you know where you stand with him and I find his brutal honesty to be quite refreshing. But then I don't care about having to be all "gushied" over because "i'm a customer"...personally I find that fake.

Banned

Sounds to me like you can't really afford much of what John carries anyway so Im sure he won't be devastated that you spend your piggy-bank savings at another shop.

John has a way about him, its not rude or insulting... at least its not meant that way. The guy has experience selling gear, lots of people come in not knowing what they should really be looking at. Did he lie to you when he said Icon is junk? No, he didn't... because Icon is junk.

Nothin but praise for Riders Choice. If you want no-BS honest service go there... if you wanna be pampered and told you're the greatest thing that ever set foot inside their store, John might not be the guy to deal with.

Banned

Yeah that was John and yeah he's the owner. The best part is that he was probably right... lol

Quote Originally Posted by MarcF650R View Post
    John can be and is a curmudgeon...
    Wow, first time I had to crack open the dictionary for this site. Thanks for the new (old) word.

curmudgeon
    One entry found.

Main Entry: cur·mud·geon
    Pronunciation: \(ˌ)kər-ˈmə-jən\
    Function: noun
    Etymology: origin unknown
    Date: 1568
    1archaic : miser
    2: a crusty, ill-tempered, and usually old man
    — cur·mud·geon·li·ness \-lē-nəs\ noun
    — cur·mud·geon·ly \-lē\ adjective
    Current - '08 T-rex (soon to be T-rex-T)
    Current - '02 Suzuki Hayabusa-T

Ex' - '88 - Yamaha YSR 80
    Ex' - '01 - Suzuki Gixxer 1000
    Ex' - '89 - Honda CB-1
    Ex' - '02 Yamaha R6
    Ex' - '91 Yamaha YSR 80
    Ex' - '98 Suzuki GSXR 600

heh ... if it was anyone but John, I would say the posts were exaggerated ... but that sounds just like something he would say ... heh

On the Icon helmet I agree ... they are heavy pieces of crap that aren't worth any amount of money ...

Quote Originally Posted by Englishj View Post
    If your looking for Icon gear then Riders choice is def not the place to go LOL.
    but he's a new rider, how is he supposed to know that...

I agree with him, and im not 100% surprised...
    I have nothing against RC and they are a decent shop, but i can completely forsee them doing something like that

Quote Originally Posted by kramer View Post
    Yeah that was John and yeah he's the owner. The best part is that he was probably right... lol
    Probability was the dependence here, and in this case, he did not have enough measurements to determine the suitable answer.

Such ignorance + "blunt honesty" = loss of sale.

Considering that godsd3vil was going to spend 1K on gear anyways, I consider the curmudgeon's actions, in these economic times, as a demonstration of stupidity.

Too funny, this post. Yea you've probably got a right to feel ****** off. But, he is what he is. He's got a way about him for sure. But he's always been straight up with me and decent.

You're not the first nor will you be the last to complain about him/them.

I know that they (RC) reads the posts so I'm sure John is made aware, but really I don't think he gives a flying ****.

They've built thier reputation from thier exclusive gear and top notch service.

Good Luck with your new gear and have a great riding season.

Two.
    Son, observe the time and fly from evil.
    Ecc.IV.23.

Your complaints aren't the first time someone has complained about the service there. However, I have never had any complaints. I was there today and the service, in my opinion, was great. For me, great service is: don't bug me or follow me around the store but have answers to my questions if I happen to have any. That's what happened today. Picked up a pair of boots and gloves. Was not mocked once.
    "If all else fails, immortality can always be assured by spectacular error." — John Kenneth Galbraith

2007 BMW K1200S (silver/blue/black) (gone)
    2005 BMW R1200RT (gone)
    2002 Yamaha VStar 1100 Classic (gone)

Wow, what a hilarious thread!

I laughed out loud for a good 5 mins!

FWIW, If I may weigh in. I rode there last Sat. They didn't have the size boots I was looking for. They took my name and size and will call me when they come in.

I got nothing bad to say about the place. and yes, I dealt with the "curmudgeon" LOL!

Cheers.