TMP April 18/19 Track Days - Page 4

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: TMP April 18/19 Track Days

Re: TMP April 18/19 Track Days

I sent this thread over to Chris to read - here are his thoughts
    -----------------------------------------------------
    Thanks to all that came out. It's the people that come out that make the quality of the day. The day rocked. Thanks for the day.

We give everyone the choice of where they want to go when they sign in. What you don't see is that we watch what is going on out there and transfer the faster ones around to the upper group and vise versa for the other cases.

We pride ourselfs on makeing the safest and funest trackday that we can..... We don't have to split the classes but it's done for the people........maximizing track time.

The individual in the picture was at fault..IT's UP TO THE RIDER BEHIND TO MAKE THE SAFE PASS....

The dammaged bike and a reminder of the rules and embarasment of the incident was enough for the guy. If the front bike in the picture had have got effected by the incident, we would have assesed the severity and delt with it acordingly. Bottom line....if you want to ride hard and risk yourself, that's fine, if you take someone else out while doing it......the story is different and you will be delt with.

Poor passing is frowned on and if was noticed then the individual would have got blacked flagged and had the situation explained to him. Failing to respect the other riders on the track will get you a ticket to the front gate.
    Powered by Platinum Powersports www.platinum-powersports.com

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Dubeau View Post
    The SV Stalker

R e a d S l o w l y ! - Children at Play.

Wow Chris articulated that beautifully, wish more people understood that shot shoe is the place for them. It's an awesome feeling sharing the track with Emerson Connor and trying to emulate that crazy fast kids lines, I can only keep him in sight for 2-3 laps but still fun.

Thanks for all your help this weekend Donald, your keeping my development on the right track.
    SOAR Novice #113

Saturday was amazing , I have to thank the TMP team for running an great program . I wasn't able to ride but will be for the next one. I appreciate the level of safety and expertise you offered. Everyone that was out this weekend were top notch people. Awesome to meet to ones i did and hope to meet more at the next one. Oh and #709 Is one hell of a fast Newf Bast**d(Laura were are my spoons). MODE ON

so yeah i'm not looking to "race" or anything
    i just want to improve my cornering and get the feel of riding on a track

basically i'm looking for a school class, which i was informed about
    does anyone know how much its going to cost?

i just want to learn more about riding and become a better rider

do a search for fast or turn 2, there are a million +1 threads on the benefits/disadvantages of doing a school

do a track day, go to a SOAR event and watch and see if you want to be involved. then sign up if you like what you see.

but after talking to some riders over the winter, there are going to be VERY good riders running in the novice class at SOAR, so you may feel uncomfortable, riding is no fun when your scared silly of being passed at twice your speed, so id recommend going to an event and doing some track days in beginner class before joining SOAR.

Quote Originally Posted by Teal View Post
    Ah, I wish I could have joined you. Now please tell me, what's going on in this pic? My guess would be #13 was overwhelmed with the F4i's very slow turn-in speed, and thus had to get on the brakes hard mid-turn.
    I was number 13 and this was a Hot-shoe session so I was more than a little surprised when the gentleman in front of me chose to roll off in the middle of the corner, I had nowhere to go but down. So much for the fresh plastics and paint, oh well any track day is a great track day.

Quote Originally Posted by scooter1000 View Post
    I was number 13 and this was a Hot-shoe session so I was more than a little surprised when the gentleman in front of me chose to roll off in the middle of the corner, I had nowhere to go but down. So much for the fresh plastics and paint, oh well any track day is a great track day.
    My intension was not to pass in the corner but just to stay close to set up a pass on the straight-away, I accept full responsabilty for going down, I was wrong to assume the rider in front of me would continue through the corner at the same rate he entered, and did not allow room for any errors, everyone will get a wider margin in the future.
    Last edited by scooter1000; 04-24-2009 at 12:23 AM.

Thanks Chris for the great front end work and Donald for a really good set-up at the track

It was a pleasure to set up your suspension for you - those new springs really seemed to work well for you.

Donald

Quote Originally Posted by scooter1000 View Post
    Thanks Chris for the great front end work and Donald for a really good set-up at the track