TMP April 18/19 Track Days

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: TMP April 18/19 Track Days

TMP April 18/19 Track Days

Well the season is finally here!! Get your bikes ready for the first lapping weekend this season at TMP

Registration is now open! $125 +GST pre registered or $145 +GST at the Gates. We couldn't ask for nicer weather this Saturday - a sunny 19 degrees.!!

REGISTER HERE

Re: TMP April 18/19 Track Days

Can't wait! I've been looking forward to this weekend this January.
    SOAR Novice #113

Sent PM....
    Last edited by eastcoast_gsx; 04-14-2009 at 09:56 AM.
    R e a d S l o w l y ! - Children at Play.

Hey there, seeking some tips for this.

Im not new to TMP, or trackdays, just bike trackdays. Im good on all the prep except the fact that I'll unfortunately be riding there/back and prepping the bike there. My request is, anyone have any tips on keeping the bike upright without a rear stand since the kickstand is tied up? Im sure most people trailer there bikes there and therefore bring a stand along. Im going on the assumption that I cant zip-tie the stand up each session, due to the fact of repeated tech inspections.

Anyone from burlington area going up?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by TR11 View Post

Im not new to TMP, or trackdays, just bike trackdays. Im good on all the prep except the fact that I'll unfortunately be riding there/back and prepping the bike there.

Thanks.
    Have you considered how you will get home in the event that you crash and your bike is not ride-able? May be better off to just rent a van or truck to haul your bike.

If you do have to ride, maybe someone that is going can bring you an extra stand. Does your bike have spools or no?

Otherwise, yours wouldn't be the first bike I see leaned against the wall.

yes my bike has rear spools. Im trying to get a friend with a truck to tag along, but wont hear until the end of the week.
    Im aware that riding there isnt a good idea due to riding back fatigued, possibilities of a crash and limited items i can take with me. Im just generally interested in seeing how these days are run, and getting the bike out in a controlled environment. But your right, its a much smarter decision to either come with a friend & haul it, so I may wait until the turn2 school and just rent.

Im sure i can get creative with rigging a stand to the tail of the bike, but your help is appreciated. Thanks!

I'll be there on Saturday and Sunday and can bring a stand for you, just let me know. My first track day last October I rode over, nothing bad happen it all went well but was allot of work to get the bike ready on the spot so arrive early. I should have a decent amount of tools with me if your missing anything. But ya trailering is the way to go...
    SOAR Novice #113

The Twisties around Creemore on a '07 SV650S or on the Track on a '03 R6

I'm planning on going on Sat,, I have a spare stand you can use and I'll have room in the trailer and I come home through Burlington if you want to put the bike on the trailer on the way home.. I just won't be able to take it down for you..

^ & ^+1
    Thanks a lot to both of you, I appreciate it! I will PM you late this week to let you know my attendance status.

I have never had to tie up my sidestand with multiple organizers. Check if TMP insists on this.
    Obviously the spring must be in good order.

/rs
    2002 FZS1000

-------------
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.

For the side stand issue: they want you to have some form of mechanism to tie it up, you can simply use a small bungee cord that can easily be uncliped while still on the bike.
    SOAR Novice #113

Quote Originally Posted by rsilk View Post
    Check if TMP insists on this.
    /rs
    They do...

I saw some guys using a small triangle stand (like a dirt bike stand) that went in the rear axle and held the bike up, you could stuff one of those in a backpack and ride with it...
    2008 DUCATI 848

Like this: http://www.bikebandit.com/product/4544?WT.mc_id=1277574

Quote Originally Posted by 219R6 View Post
    They do...

I saw some guys using a small triangle stand (like a dirt bike stand) that went in the rear axle and held the bike up, you could stuff one of those in a backpack and ride with it...
    SOAR Novice #113

yes my bike has rear spools. Im trying to get a friend with a truck to tag along, but wont hear until the end of the week.
    Im aware that riding there isnt a good idea due to riding back fatigued, possibilities of a crash and limited items i can take with me. Im just generally interested in seeing how these days are run, and getting the bike out in a controlled environment. But your right, its a much smarter decision to either come with a friend & haul it, so I may wait until the turn2 school and just rent.

Im sure i can get creative with rigging a stand to the tail of the bike, but your help is appreciated. Thanks!

Don't be too discouraged if transporting your bike to the track is an issue/not an option, for you. The way I look at it, you're still far better off riding your bike to the track than kneedraggin' the streets.

I have my bike all setup for the track but this weekend is no good due to Orthodox Easter.
    daaaaamnnn

Who is all going from the Oakville/Burlington/Hamilton area?

weathernetwork.ca says 15 degrees on saturday. Track day booked for the 18th, time to prep the bike
    Last edited by You Know; 04-16-2009 at 09:25 PM.
    It is what it is...

I have a black belt in anger!

Im not new to TMP, or trackdays, just bike trackdays. Im good on all the prep except the fact that I'll unfortunately be riding there/back and prepping the bike there. My request is, anyone have any tips on keeping the bike upright without a rear stand since the kickstand is tied up? Im sure most people trailer there bikes there and therefore bring a stand along. Im going on the assumption that I cant zip-tie the stand up each session, due to the fact of repeated tech inspections.

Anyone from burlington area going up?

Thanks.
    SHort of using a stand, u can lean it up against the wall on the front straight. saw a couple guys do that last year.
    It is what it is...

I have a black belt in anger!

The Twisties around Creemore on a '07 SV650S or on the Track on a '03 R6

Got Her Done,,,,, Well Mostly,,,

Just registered,,, How long do the confirmations normally take from TMP ?

Got this message

Thank you for your online registration request. A Toronto Motorsports Park staff member will contact you to confirm your booking.

**PLEASE NOTE THAT YOUR ORDER MAY TAKE UPTO 48 HOURS TO PROCESS**

Please note that you are not registered unless you receive a Confirmation Notice from Toronto Motorsports Park by return email.

Finished Painting the Bike except for the number backgrounds.

looks very nice!