Talon Alarm Group Buy Round 2 - Anyone Interested? - Page 2

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Talon Alarm Group Buy Round 2 - Anyone Interested?

joepua

Re: Talon Alarm Group Buy Round 2 - Anyone Interested?

im kind of on the edge on this alarm... if it goes off, its just going to make a loud noise its not like its going to notify you that your bike is getting jacked up...

I haven't bought the scopio, but man... id get it if it was cheaper
    Last edited by joepua; 04-14-2009 at 12:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jlin View Post
    Count me in! is it easy to install? maybe we should all meet up and do a group installation after =D
    Easy to install: if I understand it correctly (I haven't done it yet) the mounting harness reduces or removes the need to cut into your exisitng wiring harness. There is typically plenty of room on most models to fit the small control module and perimeter sensor (I saw one account of someone who said it was a tight fit, but don't recall which model of motorcycle he had).

Group Install: hey - a great idea especially for those of us who are not as experienced to learn from those who are! Keep that in mind for later!

Quote Originally Posted by joepua View Post
    im kind of on the edge on this alarm... if it goes off, its just going to make a loud noise its not like its going to notify you that your bike is getting jacked up...
    I hear you! I would prefer GPS tracking and pager notification but man at what cost! The short story is that if a professioanl theif wants your ride he will just take it! The alarm will keep away the opportunitisc theif, as well as the people who let their kids sit on motorcyles in a parking lot.

At work I park just outside from my office window - this alarm will keep me from looking out the window every fifteen minutes and provide a bit more peice of mind when it is in my garage or parked outside a coffee shop.

joepua

I remember from the other post that someone said there was a way to make it a 2 way alarm? lol... i think all they said was that it was easy, not much details though

2007 HD VRSCDX Night Rod Special :) Oh yeah...

Quote Originally Posted by joepua View Post
    I remember from the other post that someone said there was a way to make it a 2 way alarm? lol... i think all they said was that it was easy, not much details though
    On the Talon forums there are instructions to adding in an FM pager to the alarm. It drains the battery a LOT faster though, just like any FM pager will. Apparently the costs for the parts is minuscule.

Monster123 is interested. Thank you for organizing.

Quote Originally Posted by rydr4lyfe View Post
    On the Talon forums there are instructions to adding in an FM pager to the alarm.
    I was curious so I looked this up on the Talon forum: Super Long Range Pager for the T-2200 Alarm . It sounds pretty easy...

Just got off the phone with Brad asking if my unit had been shipped and told it was shipped last Thursday and the rest yesterday and he said that he will be sold out very soon, so you guys better pick up the pace.

Quote Originally Posted by Irocian View Post
    Just got off the phone with Brad asking if my unit had been shipped and told it was shipped last Thursday and the rest yesterday and he said that he will be sold out very soon, so you guys better pick up the pace.
    Thanks for the warning Irocian: I will plan on making a call tomorrow after work.

To everyone else: We will see if they can make a deal based on the 11 we have so far. If you are not on the list in the top post then I missed you so please check there & let me know. In the meantime please chime in quickly if you are interested!
    Last edited by iav8; 04-14-2009 at 06:33 PM. Reason: Clarify

I was in on the first round just updating you after talking with Brad asking if my unit had already been shipped..

Im in. I missed the last buy by 2 days. so count me in for this one.
    Im a cowboy, on a steel horse I ride........ Im wanted......Dead or Alive!

ya dude i'm in for sure...

tell me when and where...

u can reach me at this address...

sanjose__@hotmail.com

Hey i dont mean to thread crap or anything but i recently purchased one with the first group buy and i got the alarm + the backup battery and everything else. It finally came in today but something came up and now i cant get my bike sadly.

If anyone is in the toronto area and is intrested to take this off my hand, it has the Ninja 250 harness so for whoever doesnt want to wait just send me a PM so we can work something out.

Traffic, we don't need no stinkin' traffic!

Interested

Quote Originally Posted by shikou View Post
    Hey i dont mean to thread crap or anything but i recently purchased one with the first group buy and i got the alarm + the backup battery and everything else. It finally came in today but something came up and now i cant get my bike sadly.

If anyone is in the toronto area and is intrested to take this off my hand, it has the Ninja 250 harness so for whoever doesnt want to wait just send me a PM so we can work something out.
    No offense taken... forums like this are all about helping eachother out.

If anyone on the list is taking him up on this offer, please let me know so I can remove your name.

Quite interested. Please add me to the list.
    Wherever you may roam
    May you own your road.

Iav8, I suggest you call Talon Alarms and ask what their thoughts are, mention you may have 15-20 people. Someone posted on the other Group buy update that they spoke with Talon and they were not interested in doing another group buy, too many troublesome calls for information.
    Current - '08 T-rex (soon to be T-rex-T)
    Current - '02 Suzuki Hayabusa-T

Ex' - '88 - Yamaha YSR 80
    Ex' - '01 - Suzuki Gixxer 1000
    Ex' - '89 - Honda CB-1
    Ex' - '02 Yamaha R6
    Ex' - '91 Yamaha YSR 80
    Ex' - '98 Suzuki GSXR 600

Quote Originally Posted by Car2Slo View Post
    Iav8, I suggest you call Talon Alarms and ask what their thoughts are
    Thanks Car2Slo, I had the same thought... I spoke very breifly with a contact at Talon and exchanged a couple of emails. The first response was "Lets see how many you can get first." I am hoping to try contact him again early next week. Perhaps there will be more interest posted over the weekend.

Im in !!!!!!!!!!!!! Lets also do a group install !!
    Last edited by godsd3vil; 04-18-2009 at 08:16 AM.

Whats going on with this group buy ? Are we going to be getting it ? Is the thread dead ? Should I just buy mine ?