A Cautionary Word - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A Cautionary Word

Re: A Cautionary Word

The rider should have immediately gone to the officers detachment, ticket in hand, they would probably have cleared it up on the spot and the officer would be given a very stern lecture. I had a ticket issued one time for a non existent HTA violation and did that, the desk Sargent not only cleared it up for me, but noted the officers name and badge number and responded to me, oh that *******, he obviously wasn't to well respected by his peers either.
    Last edited by Rob MacLennan; 04-14-2009 at 08:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian P View Post
    The legislation (s. 172) has specific wording in it stating that there is no recourse for these charges. The question, of course, is whether this is unconstitutional. (I think it is unconstitutional, and so do lots of other people, but it remains for the courts to decide.)
    In the case of a cop laying a charge that he had to know was invalid on its face, you would have a cause of action against the department and that officer, in particular. He knows that the charge is invalid. He lays it anyway, knowing that you're going to be out towing, transportation, and storage costs. That leaves him and his department wide open to a civil suit. The Charter never enters into it.
    Morally Ambiguous (submissions welcome)

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

Maybe your buddy is part of the Hells Angels or Banditos... or he is black listed as a real dirt bag on some police system.

With everyone saying complain to the sergernt or the big cheese here or there and the officer will get ****. I don't think anything will happen, and most likely they will have a nice laugh when you have left the station. All this talk of civil suit or charter right is just a pillow talk. Cops have been laying false charges and BSing under oath and almost 99% getting away with it. The only time cops got **** was when there was a video camera to record the incident.

... and the implication of *that*, is that if you expect "harassment" for whatever reason, run video recording equipment all the time that you ride, and BEHAVE.