wants to learn how to wheelie!!! - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: wants to learn how to wheelie!!!

Re: wants to learn how to wheelie!!!

I've been playing with my SV a bit this year but that front end aint going nowhere until theres a new tire on the back

I did my first power wheelie by mistake ) haha with a passenger too we got around 30cm from the ground ... had maybe 100-120km 2nd to 3th gear .. was a bit scary to see the power of 03 R6 ...but I did control it and put it down fast..

As everyone told u .. depending on ure skills u might not drop it for the first time but then u want to do faster and standing up wheelies which in the end will get u..

Good luck I have the same blue R6 for this season pm whenever u wanna go and try it like watching haha

Quote Originally Posted by nasu View Post
    I did my first power wheelie by mistake ) haha with a passenger too we got around 30cm from the ground ... had maybe 100-120km 2nd to 3th gear .. was a bit scary to see the power of 03 R6 ...but I did control it and put it down fast..

As everyone told u .. depending on ure skills u might not drop it for the first time but then u want to do faster and standing up wheelies which in the end will get u..

Good luck I have the same blue R6 for this season pm whenever u wanna go and try it like watching haha
    Did this happen last night on the 427 southbound? LOL popping power wheelies at 80km/h on the highway is dangerious you know....

Quote Originally Posted by decepticon_R6 View Post
    hello everyone, im not new to motorcycling but i feel the need to learn how to wheelie...any one of you pro's willing to teach me a safe way to do it? dont wanna hurt my baby 04-r6...just want to fly!
    Just about 99.9% sure that anyone learning to stunt WILL drop their bike, not once, not twice, but a whole damn bunch of times. It's a learning curve you have to pay for.

"We are motorcycle people; we walk tall and we laugh at whatever's funny." -Hunter S. Thompson

nah .. it happened a month ago in a close industrial street. But yeah it`s dangerous at 120..130 I think I had.... had to put it down fast. I feel better and safer on 2 wheels with front wheel control rather than showing off and kill the myself and the bike.

I let the pros do it for me too haha

Exclamation Re: wants to learn how to wheelie!!!

ive had a few opposing opinions on wheeling...

some say do it from 1st gear and just get a feel for the wheel popping up, and you can cruise a bit on that...

others say its mega dangerous to do the 1st gear wheelies and to start by trying power wheelies...

i dont get it, 1st gear wheelies are like 5-10kmph power wheelies like 80+...it just seems much safer to the the 1st gear ones. Someone correct me if im wrong.
    but its our job to end this and ride motorcycles like men...today's society is soft as hell. but riding a 600cc is the least you can do...

Imperialengravers.com --------------
    ------------------------------------
    ---------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by djbordie View Post
    ive had a few opposing opinions on wheeling...

some say do it from 1st gear and just get a feel for the wheel popping up, and you can cruise a bit on that...

others say its mega dangerous to do the 1st gear wheelies and to start by trying power wheelies...

i dont get it, 1st gear wheelies are like 5-10kmph power wheelies like 80+...it just seems much safer to the the 1st gear ones. Someone correct me if im wrong.
    The 1st skill anyone should learn when starting wheelies is "throttle control", because you dont know rear brake and you dont know what 12 feels like...So you must rely on your throttle control to maintain a wheelie, and allow you to push further back and start adding and learning rear brake control....

So that being said 1st gear is very short, and without back brake control to slow it down and or maintain a steady height and speed. Your going to be running out of power very shortly and comming down really hard when you run out of steem...So because of that I always suggest people start in 2nd and learn some decent throttle control at speed before they start playing with 1st gear....It will only help you learn the most important aspect first (throttle control")......And you will have more fun carrying 2nd gears for some length, then just 1st gear power poppa wheelies....

People that gear their bikes for stunting (big rear sprocket) and try to mess with 1st without learing throttle control just end up pancaking and going over the front.....Just ask hondacbrf3, I saw him go right through his windscreen....LOL

Just dont be those guys I saw on the weekend slowing down traffic on the 427 to 80km/h, just so they can practice popa wheelies....
    Last edited by JohnnyP636; 04-20-2009 at 09:11 AM.

That makes perfect sense, throttle control all the way.

i think i need a stronger fairing stay before i mess with any more wheelies...i would cry if she just fell apart due to coming down too hard...
    but its our job to end this and ride motorcycles like men...today's society is soft as hell. but riding a 600cc is the least you can do...

Imperialengravers.com --------------
    ------------------------------------
    ---------------------------

i have a 905 stay for 636
    witch ill take 80 bucks for

Quote Originally Posted by mychevysucks View Post
    i have a 905 stay for 636
    witch ill take 80 bucks for
    You have a 05/06 he has a 03/04.....And it wont fit

the secret is... unless its jp stay.. nothing fits well....
    and this is the truth...