by FAR the best/cheapest insurance EVER!! - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: by FAR the best/cheapest insurance EVER!!

Re: by FAR the best/cheapest insurance EVER!!

told ya.
    '04 CBR1000RR

I've been emailing Melissa for quotes and she has been great. She's been really quick to respond and very helpful. I'm looking to upgrade bikes and she's given me the best prices so far!

Wait, so are some of you canceling your current policies and starting a new policy if the quote is lower?

2007 SV650s

I dont think so, usually those who have their policies ending soon and need new quotes. or if you are really early on in your policy and can get enough refund to justify changing to a much cheaper policy.
    '04 CBR1000RR

Thank you for the positive feedback guys

I am working on getting a shorter email address - will post it once I do.
    Thanks for the referrals!

Do are their differences in rates between State Farm agents? I have a quotation from a local agent but want to tweak it a bit (drop collision/comp) etc. Are some agents "motorcycle friendly"? The agent I talked to (junior agent) didn't seem too knowledgeable about bikes. I'm no expert myself but I could see that he was giving me an "agent's perspective" - just doing his job and quoting policies.

Melissa, are you experienced in dealing with motorcycle insurance?
    It took me multiple discussions and arm twisting of friends for me to learn that these guys don't cover their bikes fully! These are my FRIENDS and they don't tell me the details... just "I only pay $300 a year for a 750!!!"

A senior agent or at least someone knowledgeable in bikes could have told me that!! I think this guy either didn't care, didn't know or just wanted to see if I'd fork over what he was asking.

Also, where is your office located?

Quote Originally Posted by shoe View Post
    Do are their differences in rates between State Farm agents?
    If two agents are quoting the exact same coverages and neither agents is messing up, there will be no difference in premium. The agents do not set the rates; they use the rating manual developed by the head office to calculate your premium. They are not allowed to deviate.
    I'm an Actuarial Analyst for a Major Canadian Insurance Company. I analyse claims patterns to determine overall rate changes, as well as relative premium differences by various risk characteristics (eg. age, experience, claims, convictions, usage, etc.)

Unless it's private, please post insurance-related questions in the forum rather than sending me a PM.

Current: 2001 Suzuki GSXR1000 (4th Season)
    Previous: 1996 Honda VFR750F (4 Seasons)
    Previous: 1998 Kawasaki Ninja EX250 (3 Seasons)

Quote Originally Posted by VifferFun View Post
    If two agents are quoting the exact same coverages and neither agents is messing up, there will be no difference in premium. The agents do not set the rates; they use the rating manual developed by the head office to calculate your premium. They are not allowed to deviate.
    Thanks for the quick reply. Pretty much location would be the make or break feature for me here. I'd prefer to deal with an agent face to face than over the internet. I had just cold walked in and asked random questions and got a quote based on a bike I liked but I still wasn't impressed with the agents motorcycle expertise.

Anyway, after looking around and reading some of the stickied posts for newbies, I have a clearer direction of what I want to do. Right now, I'm just fishing - no bike to insure and don't know exactly what bike I will purchase as that will depend on how much the insurance will cost.

Talk about your chicken before the egg scenario.

Thanks for the quick reply. Pretty much location would be the make or break feature for me here. I'd prefer to deal with an agent face to face than over the internet. I had just cold walked in and asked random questions and got a quote based on a bike I liked but I still wasn't impressed with the agents motorcycle expertise.

Anyway, after looking around and reading some of the stickied posts for newbies, I have a clearer direction of what I want to do. Right now, I'm just fishing - no bike to insure and don't know exactly what bike I will purchase as that will depend on how much the insurance will cost.

Talk about your chicken before the egg scenario.
    Although two agents will quote the same price, it doesn't mean that they will offer the same level of service. I found my agent here on GTAM, and she is actually located over 150 kms from where I live. I have never met her in person, but her phone and email correspondance is excellent and VERY fast! I would rather deal with a good agent located far away, than a poor agent I can see face-to-face, but that is a personal preference.
    I'm an Actuarial Analyst for a Major Canadian Insurance Company. I analyse claims patterns to determine overall rate changes, as well as relative premium differences by various risk characteristics (eg. age, experience, claims, convictions, usage, etc.)

Unless it's private, please post insurance-related questions in the forum rather than sending me a PM.

Although two agents will quote the same price, it doesn't mean that they will offer the same level of service. I found my agent here on GTAM, and she is actually located over 150 kms from where I live. I have never met her in person, but her phone and email correspondance is excellent and VERY fast! I would rather deal with a good agent located far away, than a poor agent I can see face-to-face, but that is a personal preference.
    You must be referring to Melissa.
    I sent her a some questions via email early this morning when I woke up and received a reply by 10 am. I responded to that message and her follow up email arrived in approximately 5 minutes.

I sent her a few more emails with questions, all of her replies came quickly - we may as well have been chatting on an IM client.

You must be referring to Melissa.
    I sent her a some questions via email early this morning when I woke up and received a reply by 10 am. I responded to that message and her follow up email arrived in approximately 5 minutes.

I sent her a few more emails with questions, all of her replies came quickly - we may as well have been chatting on an IM client.
    I didn't deal with Melissa, but it sounds like she is great as well

I didn't deal with Melissa, but it sounds like she is great as well
    I would say.. first contacted her at 10:07am and had scanned images of Temp liability in hand at 11:30am.