Bad Luck! - Page 2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bad Luck!

Re: Bad Luck!

well, look on the bright side, you got to ride it to the show, you'll get a new bike, or at least the money for it, and now you will be able to decide if you want the same bike or something different...that really sucks...i had a rental stolen once, first day...what a pisser...

GPS tracking device is the only way to be safe!..

Sorry to hear about your bad luck! Any pictures of the bike?

S2R
    Ride On
    http://www.onmotorcycle.com

Yours to discover the ride...

Oh man, that's terrible... Serious consideration for lo- jack is creeping in to my head.
    Really sorry to hear about your situation, best of luck with the insurance claim. You'll be back on the road soon!
    Sometimes the sun makes beggars believers
    And sometimes a shrine is built to deceive her
    In between let oblivion ring
    Whoa let me hear all you sad angels sing

Appaloosa

Fisherman

Honestly, im from Newfoundland. I never hear of this **** back home. Thats why i never even had a second thought. On the rock..i could leave the f'in keys in the ignition. But im starting to get the hint about Toronto...Ppl here will steal the eyes out of your head if your not looking. Saad. I dont like to wish bad on people....but in my case, i hope the guy who stole my wheels rides the thing into the back corner of a dump truck.
    On the lighter side, its awsome to see a couple good ppl in here. Thanks for the condolences. Cheers mates.

GPS?.......I think i would rather have some C4 hidden on the bike and detonate it if its stolen.
    Do the world a favour and get rid of the lowlife scum.

that is Nuts,
    I was at the show on sunday with my bike from KW with 3 other buds, there were lots of security, Cops, Parking guys around. I am sure someone watched them load it up.

Fisherman

The parking dudes probably had something to do with it.

Quote Originally Posted by squid pro quo View Post
    i feel worse for you than the dude who recently picked up his brand new R6 from the dealership then crashed n' rashed it on the ride home minutes later.
    I didn't realize I was famous

Sucks balls about your loss. I was just watching some youtube videos of bikes getting stolen. The one with the green dodge caravan that pulls up, three guys hop out and put the 07 600RR into the side sliding door, like crap man, how you gonna prevent that? Full time from stop to gone, 8 seconds

Thinking GPS is your only chance. I'm REALLY glad I lost my gun license. If I had a GPS tracker and someone stole my bike and I could track em down... *shudder*

-Jamie M.
    Last edited by toysareforboys; 04-08-2009 at 11:02 PM.

Wow that really sucks, sorry to hear. This is exactly why ive been looking into chains. If they cant move it without cutting a chain that makes it take longer and thus less enticing to steal... or so goes my logic >>.
    On a lighter note, welcome!

Look at the youtube videos. Every bike that was locked or chained, they had some BIG @$$ bolt cutters with them

One even had an electric cut off tool Cut through steering lock and two wheel locks in about 15 seconds. Lotsa sparks and noise, but nobody seemed to care

-Jamie M.

Quote Originally Posted by Fisherman View Post
    Hey people. Im new to the forums. Just picked up a brand new Suzuki DRZ400SM yesterday. I had it for one day. My cousin and i took a nice spin out to the motorcycle show at the international centre today....one day after picking up my new bike. We walked around for 2 hrs. When i came out, my bike was gone. WHAT A BUMMER. Its sunday night and i really hope my insurance isnt going to give me a hard time. Any body have any advice?
    That sucks! I have left my 600 katana on the road overnight with the keys in it nothing happened.
    I left my car unlocked with the gps on ths dash in front of my house,nothing
    The GSXR I keep in the garage.
    Toronto is not all bad, but there are more thieves than newfoundland.
    ps I am from Newfoundland as well.
    2001 GSXR 750
    2001 Katana 600 sold
    1989 GS 500E sold

was it new or new to you?
    someone is selling on on kijji
    http://toronto.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehi...AdIdZ119410902
    maybe it's yours
    2001 GSXR 750
    2001 Katana 600 sold
    1989 GS 500E sold

Fisherman

Was brand new and new to me. Bought it last Thrusday, insured it on Friday, Picked it up Saturday....Stolen Sunday. Im waiting for insurance to get figured out. I have no idea how long its going to take to get my settlement. Anybody have a clue? Im itching to get out on the road.

Fisherman

Well, ive learned that ill never put my bike out of sight. If i have to inside anywhere ill take my truck. Ive lost alot of respect for Toronto this week. Guys its almost a good thing i never had a GPS. Im sick of these losers making $$ from my hard hours at work.

Fisherman

Well, looks like ive found my replacment. Getting an awsome 2001 sv650s in factory condition. Black with Full fairings. less then 10000 kms. Ill be back in gear within 2 weeks thank God. Cheers.

Awww was hopin you were gonna get another DRZ400 and show me some trails around tdot

The sv650 is a very sweet bike! Pickup some nice dualsport tires for it and you'll be (almost) back where your DRZ400 left off

-Jamie M.

Banned

Am i the only one who thinks that you're insane for taking a street bike offroad, on purpose ?

I admit that i know nothing about sport bikes, But i didnt think that an SV650 was a dual sport.

its like watching a corvette go Off-roading,

Quote Originally Posted by yettiman121 View Post
    Am i the only one who thinks that you're insane for taking a street bike offroad...?
    Not even close to the only one.

I admit that i know nothing about sport bikes, But i didnt think that an SV650 was a dual sport.
    It's not officially in the "dual sport" catagory, but that doesn't mean it can't go off-road.

its like watching a corvette go Off-roading,
    I think that would be a tad more entertaining then the off-road escapades on my R6

-Jamie M.

Wow - that truly sucks. One deterant is a lock made by Kryptonite that you place on the front brake rotor. It's small, bright orange for good visbility and fits in your pocket. There is no way to roll the bike when it's on. You just have to remember that it's on before you ride off. I use a bunjie cord from the lock to the ignition as a reminder.

Doesn't help when the three guys pick it up and load it into the side of a green Dodge Caravan.

-Jamie M.