any other Gay riders? - Page 5

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: any other Gay riders?

Banned

Re: any other Gay riders?

To be honest, gay, lesbian, straight, bi, as long as you got a bike, we are alllllll the same with helmets on or off..... I'd have no problem riding with anyone.....
    As others have pointed out.... I have many a gay friend, and they crack some of the best gay jokes out there....
    So, you are more than welcome to ride with us... anytime....

Quote Originally Posted by eastcoast_gsx View Post
    To me it's all just an arrangement of simple words, and unless there is true malice intended (easy to spot) ...
    Exactly. Words are just like any other symbol and can carry multiple meanings - it's the intent that counts. You should hear how we greet each other in my old neighborhood. Just by reading the transcript you would think we are going to kill each other - that's how much juicy and presonally pointed swearing goes on .

Quote Originally Posted by FiReSTaRT View Post
    It's the 21st century and we're in Toronto. It should be understood.
    +1 Of all the places I know Toronto is the most inclusive and non-judgmental of anyone's lifestyle. It can be over-protective and too politically correct here at times, but that's the price of living in a tolerant society and can be corrected over time. I''m doing my best not to be accused of being PC and overly sensitive/protective of my or anyone else's right to be offended.

Just get out and ride. It's a gay day out there (do I really need to say I mean no offense to anyone by that?)

Quote Originally Posted by lil red bird View Post
    How many of you men would come on a ride that was mostly gay riders?
    I wouldn't think about it twice. I'm as comfortable with other people's sexuality as I am with my own. Even if I wasn't and was homophobic, being surrounded by gay people would make me look even more heterosexual .

Most of you do not realize that most of your young male attitude is very hostile to gay men.
    I'd chalk it off to immaturity and/or sexual insecurity. Some will grow up and get comfortable with who they are, some will not. My take is that people that are being prejudiced against should work on building their resistance to prejudice as hard as they should openly confront and fight prejudice. In other words, pick some battles and ignore the others.

Primitive, uneducated and immature people will always find someone to blame for their misery. One of the good sides of living here and now id that they cannot do it openly without serious social or legal consequences.
    NOTE: I don't visit this board frequently and do not accept private messages. You can reach me at GTAmotorcycle[At]aca{dot.}cc

My country is the world and my religion is to do good. - Thomas Paine

It was implied that our insecurities would make us not want for our rides to be singled out as "gay-friendly." So should I post up a ride saying "Everybody's welcome. That includes people of Asian, African, Carribean, South American, Aboriginal, Gay, European, Martian, Venusian, Ainu, Aborigine, First Nations descents. It is also open to heterosexual, bisexual, homosexual orientations. It is open to drinkers and non-drinkers (as long as you don't drink and ride). It is open to people from the GTA, from Chatham, from Sudbury, from Little Rock, from Mexico City, from Lakeshore BLVD West address ranges 1-3000... It's also open to accountants, bootmakers, cigarette wholesalers...zoologists.. We accept the common class, the merchant class and the nobility.........and so on........" Otherwise, another self-identified group may get offended. Just relax and if you see a ride that I posted up, as long as you behave nicely, you're more than welcome. If anyone makes you feel unwelcome for any reason other than an unsafe vehicle/riding style, they will be asked to leave and won't be allowed to join in next time around.
    The Fizzer's up for sale http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...-600-2050-cert
    Unofficial GTAM chat! Click for the info http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...ad.php?t=91578
    Like many active sports, shooting has the potential to cause personal injury.
    "The proper wave to an e-biker is to raise your beer." [credit:'Baggsy@GTAM]

lol this is gonna get interesting, what happened to the cali girl post LOL

i knew there'd be a hooplah when i clicked lol.

normally i wouldn't care, but as said before: why be so exclusive? that and the first post sounded like a male seeking male ad "discreet, pass off as straight, yadda yadda". who cares how you act. okay, you're gay, welcome. just go riding like everyone else, and don't worry so much what orientation you ride with.

Moderator Moderator lil red bird's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad View Post
    I'd chalk it off to immaturity and/or sexual insecurity. Some will grow up and get comfortable with who they are, some will not. My take is that people that are being prejudiced against should work on building their resistance to prejudice as hard as they should openly confront and fight prejudice. In other words, pick some battles and ignore the others.

Primitive, uneducated and immature people will always find someone to blame for their misery. One of the good sides of living here and now id that they cannot do it openly without serious social or legal consequences.
    I do chalk it up to that and i do pick my battles. Keep in mind that i am one of the first openly gay man on this site and possibly the first.
    I am trying to educate the folks here who question why more invisible minorities do not speak up.
    Mental health who needs it?There is a reason you never see motorcycles infront of a therapists office.

Oomm bye bye...
    Where My Rode Dawgs At!!

i know my character flaws do you?
    Mine are bloody hard to miss
    R e a d S l o w l y ! - Children at Play.

I do chalk it up to that and i do pick my battles. Keep in mind that i am one of the first openly gay man on this site and possibly the first.
    I am trying to educate the folks here who question why more invisible minorities do not speak up.
    My comment wasn't pointed at you or anyone else in particular. I didn't even know you were gay before I read this post. Now that I do know, it doesn't change a thing, and that's how it should be for everyone. Keep educating though, we can't have too much of that
    NOTE: I don't visit this board frequently and do not accept private messages. You can reach me at GTAmotorcycle[At]aca{dot.}cc

My country is the world and my religion is to do good. - Thomas Paine

Quote Originally Posted by Resurrection View Post
    The origin of the word means happy, carefree ect
    I agree in person you can't tell the spelling, but I'm sure the person, doesn't mean to offend anyone.
    If there's a conversation you don't like, the same rules apply, just walk away, on most rides there is usually a few groups in conversation, join one that isn't offensive.
    My point about the people on here is exactly what the OP wanted, as you said a gay friendly group, I'm sure the majority of the groups here are gay friendly, so why try and segregate yourself from what could turn out to be good friends sharing the passion of riding 2 wheels. To me it doesn't matter race, religion, sexual preference ect, it's about riding.
    Isn't that what it's always boiled down too. 2 wheels are better than 4.

Quote Originally Posted by squid pro quo View Post
    Looking for kindred folks to join GTAM "WICKED" Motorcycle Club,
    Strictly for those of us who are

Well-Adjusted,
    Intelligent,
    Charming,
    Kindhearted,
    Empathetic,
    Drop-Dead-Gorgeous
    Guess that leaves me out, I can only DROP the "D".

Sorry for resurrecting this thread, but I'm a gay rider, too.

Would like to meet other glbt riders, but everyone seems to have disappeared (there's no activity in the "social groups" page).

welcome!

Can someone start a hermaphrodite, farm animal banging riding group???? Why discriminate

exclusivity is the same as discrimination

welpcome

BWAAAAAAHAAAAAHAAAAAHA
    Quote Originally Posted by Snot View Post
    Can someone start a hermaphrodite, farm animal banging riding group???? Why discriminate

exclusivity is the same as discrimination
    Barrie and area riders.
    http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...d.php?t=123778

Amsoil Oil? PM me

Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.

This ain't the right place for finding your gay partners.. There are many dating sites out there, try them instead..

Anyway, welcome to the site..

Riding alone? Look my profile up for our FB link to join us for rides!