Triumph owners unite! - Page 18

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Thread: Triumph owners unite!

Re: Triumph owners unite!

First post today. Got a 2006 Sprint ST ABS with only 5000km last year.
    Will be looking into details for Risers on the handle bar, cause of my back. lol

Any advice welcome.
    2006 Triumph Sprint ST ABS

Quote Originally Posted by Newrider View Post
    About to be a Triumph rider. deposit on a black 2012 Street Triple R. will pick it up in a week or two.
    Saw one in the back room at Ride Moto, that yours?

Congrats BTW.
    There is no planet B.

Quote Originally Posted by Tripletrouble View Post
    Just wondering how many owners of FI Triumphs use software to reflash the ECU for performance reasons?
    I've reflashed mine a couple times as I made changes. Tune ECU is worth every penny
    There is no planet B.

Yeah, you get what you pay for......LOL
    "If you have ten thousand regulations, you destroy all respect for the law." Winston Churchill

Have you looked into software mods such as TuneECU?
    The shop said they loaded in the tune from Triumph that was engineered for that pipe - not sure if that's the same thing..? If not I'm curious.

My wife rides a hot 09 street triple with all the goodies as well as a cb400f I have 5 in my stable 2- gt750s 3-gs1100s. If there is another hookup we would likely come

Quote Originally Posted by mac_135 View Post
    The shop said they loaded in the tune from Triumph that was engineered for that pipe - not sure if that's the same thing..? If not I'm curious.
    It's not the same. I'm not sure what you ride but as an example: Rocket III with aftermarket pipes, dealer will install the Triumph tune for that. It still has the secondary butterflies controlling the throttle and doesn't give full power in the first three gears and to richen the mixture in the higher gears it partly CLOSES the butterflies! With TuneEcu (free) or TuneBoy you can download a tune that corrects the speedo error, eliminates the top speed limiter, gives full power in all gears with the correct mixture and can also compensate for removing intake plumbing and adding 3 K&Ns etc.(Which is why there are Rocket III's running around with 150 rwhp/150 ft/lbs torque. There are Rockets with 255 rwhp N/A but not stock) In addition you can check trouble codes and various engine functions such as cycle the fan on and off, reset throttle tps and more. Lots of fun. Just google your heart out, TuneEcu is from a guy named Tom in Hambirg in Germany and TuneBoy is from Australia.
    Last edited by Tripletrouble; 04-13-2012 at 08:23 AM.
    "If you have ten thousand regulations, you destroy all respect for the law." Winston Churchill

Check out GENMAR Risers I have a set and they make a big difference.

http://www.zianet.com/genmar/t118.html

Quote Originally Posted by tranna View Post
    First post today. Got a 2006 Sprint ST ABS with only 5000km last year.
    Will be looking into details for Risers on the handle bar, cause of my back. lol

Any advice welcome.

2008 Triumph Bonneville T100
    2009 Harley Ultra Classic
    2011 Triumph Sprint GT

Bonneville T100 here.

Any Triumph riders want to get out for a group ride one of these weekends?

Quote Originally Posted by fastar1 View Post
    Saw one in the back room at Ride Moto, that yours?

Congrats BTW.
    If it was the black R yup. Picked her up this afternoon and just had her out for an hour. Beautiful machine. So happy right now.
    Last edited by Newrider; 04-13-2012 at 08:36 PM.

I just bought a 2006 Tiger. Its black with the plastic Triumph side bags. Rode around a bit yesterday and its pretty nice. The bars are a bit too high but that should be an easy fix. It has 14,000 kms on it.

Quote Originally Posted by taximan62 View Post
    Check out GENMAR Risers I have a set and they make a big difference.

http://www.zianet.com/genmar/t118.html

Thank you, I will check them out.
    2006 Triumph Sprint ST ABS

Just wondering how many owners of FI Triumphs use software to reflash the ECU for performance reasons?
    I want to try this, but I don't have the proper cable, and more importantly, I don't have a laptop for the software! s3 likes to make popcorn on decel

The cable is available from ebay for about $20.00.
    TuneEcu is free software and any computer you can get your bike near will work. Of course you will need a really long cable if you live in a penthouse
    Borrow a friends laptop?
    Quote Originally Posted by vrus View Post
    I want to try this, but I don't have the proper cable, and more importantly, I don't have a laptop for the software! s3 likes to make popcorn on decel

Quote Originally Posted by D-3vil View Post
    Alright! More Sprint riders lol.
    To be honest, I've probably seen a grand-total of 2 post '05 Sprint ST bikes on the road, other than my own.

Any mods?

I’m surprised there are no more of this great bike!
    Pnosko and I had a coffee meet last Saturday. It was the biggest gathering of Triumph Sprint ST 1050s in Toronto. There were 2 of us!
    I got a couple of things done since I got my bike in January. 18t sprocket, Givi topcase, tail tidy, additional power outlets, gear indicator,… and I think that’s it for now.

Street triple owner here. It's my first bike. I was going to go with a used kawi or gixxer but the doctor saved my life. LOL
    I remember watching an interview with Hugh Laurie and he said he rode a triumph. That's how I found out about it. The best part is watching people's confused faces when they see my bike.
    "is that some sort of ducati knock off?"
    "no. it's a triumph original."

on a side note, i REALLY want the Steve McQueen special edition. I think my next bike will be the t100 and do the mods myself to make it look like the bike in great escape. i love that movie. but i do also love the thruxton. dilemmas dilemmas.