$6000 for a 2009 250R...seriously? - Page 2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: $6000 for a 2009 250R...seriously?

Re: $6000 for a 2009 250R...seriously?

Quote Originally Posted by 250Rocket View Post
    Well it's a Ninja. I've never seen a Ninja in Blue, Red or Lime Green, black is the only option. It's all about stealth.

Then people say well cars wont see you. Who cares... that shiny red bike will catch a cops eye much more than a busy soccer mom.
    Yeah, you don't want to be easily seen on a motorcycle.

Banned

Well it's a Ninja. I've never seen a Ninja in Blue, Red or Lime Green, black is the only option. It's all about stealth.

Then people say well cars wont see you. Who cares... that shiny red bike will catch a cops eye much more than a busy soccer mom.
    Well actually the most famous colour for Ninjas is 'Ninja Green'. That's why it is a Special Edition colour..

If you've never seen any other ninja besides black, you are definitely very new.

Quote Originally Posted by mikbil View Post
    Yeah, you don't want to be easily seen on a motorcycle.
    Fact of the matter is no matter how flamboyant your motorcycle is, like i said, that busy soccer mom talking on her cell phone yelling at her kids to calm down in the back seat wont see you anyways.

If you want to be seen get a reflective vest or bright helmet or something, the bike wont matter much. You're going to attract a lot more attention where it's not wanted. Like a police officer or a theif.

Edit: I mean Ninja as in the person not the bike. Ninja going around in Japan back in the day would have trouble killing their target if they were wearing Bright green in the middle of the night.

$6000 eh!

You can can a whole lot of bike for that kinda coin.

Banned

Fact of the matter is no matter how flamboyant your motorcycle is, like i said, that busy soccer mom talking on her cell phone yelling at her kids to calm down in the back seat wont see you anyways.

If you want to be seen get a reflective vest or bright helmet or something, the bike wont matter much. You're going to attract a lot more attention where it's not wanted. Like a police officer or a theif.

Edit: I mean Ninja as in the person not the bike. Ninja going around in Japan back in the day would have trouble killing their target if they were wearing Bright green in the middle of the night.
    Now just to play devil advocate.. If you're abiding by the law, you shouldn't have to worry about attracting police.

Anyways...I think the whole point was that not everyone will get a black ninja, and it could be months, so if some people want to ride soon, they might be better off with a different colour.

don't understand why people buy brand new 250's. if i'm going to buy my first bike, i'll get
    a used one for like $3k or less, then next year sell it for $3k or less. $5700-$6000 is a nice SS already especially if I buy in the fall.

hey has anyone got a "special edition" green yet? A friend of mine has been waiting to get his for a while now. just wondering ?

Seriously if people want a bike, get a red or blue one. Too many people want black. I mean i'm not settling for less but hey i'm getting a bike. I could of drove one of 2 reds or 1 blue off the showroom floor a month ago, but i really want black. Anythnig over MSRP non Black is a load of ****, black is justifiable.
    who cares what colour you get, 90% chance youll sell it in 2 months anyway

Quote Originally Posted by kellen View Post
    Not true. We (my fiance and I) got an 08 green last march. We have no plans on selling it any time soon. We also got it for $5150 otd with a solocap and cover included. I don't think I would drop 6g on a new one. I would hold out till a used one for 4500 or so was around. They truly are an amazing little bike for a commuter/learner. People who put them down are people who have an image complex or have not ridden one. Regardless of what you might think, a 250 still faster then most cars and definiatly faster then a lawn tractor

2001 CBR600F4i
    1992 CBR250RR

Quote Originally Posted by spurnius View Post
    don't understand why people buy brand new 250's. if i'm going to buy my first bike, i'll get
    a used one for like $3k or less, then next year sell it for $3k or less. $5700-$6000 is a nice SS already especially if I buy in the fall.
    Totally agree, it's unlikely that the 250 is not gonna be the bike you're keeping for the next 10 years. So what if it doesn't look super slick. Think about it more like a rental. If you're getting an older Ninja you're a lot less likely to lose money during resale, because it was fully depreciated when you bought it.

As far as the colors go Kawasaki has made bikes with much uglier colors than red and blue. Have you seen those gold or purple Ninja 500s?

Quote Originally Posted by Syphen View Post
    Not true. We (my fiance and I) got an 08 green last march. We have no plans on selling it any time soon. We also got it for $5150 otd with a solocap and cover included. I don't think I would drop 6g on a new one. I would hold out till a used one for 4500 or so was around. They truly are an amazing little bike for a commuter/learner. People who put them down are people who have an image complex or have not ridden one. Regardless of what you might think, a 250 still faster then most cars and definiatly faster then a lawn tractor
    you are in the 10%! And I did used to own a 250

Obiwan Kenoobie

Quote Originally Posted by ripcurl View Post
    http://toronto.en.craigslist.ca/tor/mcy/1102008684.html

Seriously? Or is this an April fools joke?
    who cares? don't like it? don't buy it.

Your right. Most people should not care much.....or even get an old bike. BUT....

I fall into the 10% that will keep the bike until it dies even if i upgrade sometime before then.

Your right. Most people should not care much.....or even get an old bike. BUT....

I fall into the 10% that will keep the bike until it dies even if i upgrade sometime before then.
    OH I see, you've kept all your old bikes forever

OH I see, you've kept all your old bikes forever
    Nope this is my first bike. Been on other but this is MY first bike.

I think the only problem with the 250R is if you've been on another bike it feels underpowered.

Quote Originally Posted by spurnius View Post
    some people don't buy based on speed and power.
    A 250 is perfectly fine for a lot of people. There are other factors to consider than displacement.

yah, he's actually right, you would be hard pressed to try to prove that 90% of 250 owners sell their bikes after 2 months.

You have to remember, this board tends to represent the 600cc-1000cc SS rider. Most rides will buy a 250 and sell it as soon as they feel confortable (or soon as they THINK they feel confortable). Doesn't mean 90% of 250 riders are looking to jump onto something bigger.

If anybody is interested they should offer the guy $4500. Worst thing he could say is no right?
    NOMFuP, Not My ****ing Problem. - Malcom Tucker

Buying/Selling used bikes is the perfect example of supply/demand microeconomics.

You have a bunch of sellers and a bunch of buyers. Eventually, a buyer and a seller agree to a price, and the deal gets made.

So the seller threw a $6000 price out there. Someone may agree to it - who knows. If not, market forces will simply drive that price down.

Just enjoy the free lesson that I paid for a university course to understand!

lmao, if I could, I would quote this in your future FS thread :P