Sport Bike Rally to have a stunting competion - Page 3

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sport Bike Rally to have a stunting competion

Re: Sport Bike Rally to have a stunting competion

Quote Originally Posted by Yami_Babe View Post
    Ya i am but i just got an R1.. so it's all good..

SWEEEEEEEEET... Congrats!
    ~ Suzuki Girl ~

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyP636 View Post
    I thought this stunt comp idea was ditched and you were going to pay a US rider Jason Britten to come down and once again eat our food? If that was the case I would not support this event at all....I wouldnt atend myself or tell anyone else I know that stunts or likes stunting in Canada to attend either...If I want to see some big name US rider stunt, I'll go to the US, buy thier DVD, or watch them on TV...Im not going to support a Canadian event that would rather support US riders that dont need support, when we have tons of talented people here doing the same tricks with no support at all....

If thats not the case or your going to have both, then keep us infromed...And post up as soon as you have a list of different catagories of the comp and what the prizes will be. And I will post that everywhere I can, to try and get stunt riders from all over Canada to come out to this event. That is what I want to see, support for the Canadian stunt scene...

This would be the first stunt comp Ive ever heard of in Ontario, if you pulled it off it would be a great thing IMO. For Canadian stunt riders and the whole stunt scence in Canada. However it would not be the first time people from the US were hired to come do things in Canada, that Canadian riders should get the oportunity and support to do....

I here what your saying Johnny and I've seen this on other sites as well. IMO if you are hosting an event you need names that can draw a crowd. Although myself and many members of this site and others are aware of you and stunters inc, il advized, stunt.ca and other Canadian talent(particularily on the west coast), most people have never heard of any Canadian riders. Jason Britton was in the stunt scene before it was a scene, yet has only received fame as of the last year curtousy of the SPEED channel. You'd be surprised how many people will go just to see him for whatever reason they desire. My wife knows who Jason Britton is and knows what he looks like thanks to TV. Although I have a stack of DVDs she's seen most of over n' over she still wouldn't be able to see a certain name on a poster or website and be like Oh Wow, Darius is going to be in Parry Sound with Sitdown Steve, Guru, Marino, Kane and so on and so on.

I sold several DVDs to a women on this site. When I told her which ones were best including C n I 5, her and her husband watched Urban assault 1st because they knew of Jason Britton from the tv show as well as seeing him at the bike show!!!

I'm all for supporting Canadian anything when possible. But if it means making more $$ cuz' of someones name you kinda' gotta' do what you gotta' do.

Agreed we have some talented riders here in CDA but guys like Britton, SBZ, Darius and others, have been doing 30-50 shows a year for 10 years!!!
    I get that your a bit salty and I think if I were in your shoes I'd be too, but If I'm headed south for a trip I'd rather have a 20 year career pilot with a clean record opposed to a 1st year pilot with bad eye sight!!!

Not taking away from any candian stunters(us riders as well, alot are bitter at the success of the ogs?) but I'd think you'd be happy for guys who have been doing this for so long and have finally made it big regardless of where on the map they live. If it makes you feel any better I promise if I win the lotto, I'll hire stunters inc. to perform at my birthday party

NOTE: SPORTBIKERALLY ON SPEED CHANNEL COULD HAPPEN CUZ' OF BRITTON, thats the big picture IMO. There are plenty of top US and CDN riders as skilled as these known names, sometimes even better, but you gotta' put the time in. You don't go from the mailroom to the boardroom overnight!
    It is what it is...

I have a black belt in anger!

Quote Originally Posted by You Know View Post
    I here what your saying Johnny and I've seen this on other sites as well. IMO if you are hosting an event you need names that can draw a crowd. Although myself and many members of this site and others are aware of you and stunters inc, il advized, stunt.ca and other Canadian talent(particularily on the west coast), most people have never heard of any Canadian riders. Jason Britton was in the stunt scene before it was a scene, yet has only received fame as of the last year curtousy of the SPEED channel. You'd be surprised how many people will go just to see him for whatever reason they desire. My wife knows who Jason Britton is and knows what he looks like thanks to TV. Although I have a stack of DVDs she's seen most of over n' over she still wouldn't be able to see a certain name on a poster or website and be like Oh Wow, Darius is going to be in Parry Sound with Sitdown Steve, Guru, Marino, Kane and so on and so on.

I sold several DVDs to a women on this site. When I told her which ones were best including C n I 5, her and her husband watched Urban assault 1st because they knew of Jason Britton from the tv show as well as seeing him at the bike show!!!

I'm all for supporting Canadian anything when possible. But if it means making more $$ cuz' of someones name you kinda' gotta' do what you gotta' do.

Agreed we have some talented riders here in CDA but guys like Britton, SBZ, Darius and others, have been doing 30-50 shows a year for 10 years!!!
    I get that your a bit salty and I think if I were in your shoes I'd be too, but If I'm headed south for a trip I'd rather have a 20 year career pilot with a clean record opposed to a 1st year pilot with bad eye sight!!!

Not taking away from any candian stunters(us riders as well, alot are bitter at the success of the ogs?) but I'd think you'd be happy for guys who have been doing this for so long and have finally made it big regardless of where on the map they live. If it makes you feel any better I promise if I win the lotto, I'll hire stunters inc. to perform at my birthday party

NOTE: SPORTBIKERALLY ON SPEED CHANNEL COULD HAPPEN CUZ' OF BRITTON, thats the big picture IMO. There are plenty of top US and CDN riders as skilled as these known names, sometimes even better, but you gotta' put the time in. You don't go from the mailroom to the boardroom overnight!

I respect your opinion but mine is going to be different considering, the only reason my so called stunt team even exists is because of the PS sport bike rally. In 06 me and some of my friends were hooked up with doing the first ever stunt show for the rally by Glen at Parker Bros, but we had to form a group and have a name and website. Thus StuntersINC was born, then IlAdvized was added to the bill for that same show. We both did a show but we never got called back and IlAdvized and or BnA did the show for 2 more years after that. And now it looks like (untill they get this comp up on thier site) its going to possibly be done by someone else...That without the stunt comp, just seems like money and more importantly just the chance to promote the Canadian stunt scene being taken away from Canadian riders and given to US riders....

Bitter? I wouldnt say bitter but yeah its kinda sucks that I dont get to do the PS show since the first one, but its not for the money I had a lot of fun doing that show, and it was my first real show...We didnt even bother trying to collect any money from that first show either. That being said I would be happier to see a Canadian team do these PS shows over any US rider any day...Maybe thats because I stunt aswell and would like to see the sport actually grow here.

Maybe times have changed but in 06 no one knew who anyone was, and I would bet you not even %5 of the people there would have known the difference between Jason Britten or any Canadian rider...I had kids asking me to sign their hats, and we were giving out free Tshirts to kids. Most people didnt know the difference between a stand up wheelie or a sit down...Keep in mind at these events people like you that are actually familiar with the international stunt scene, are very few and far between...

I got nothing against JB or any other famous US stunt rider, JB came down to our bike show and hardly anyone knew who he was or bothered to go see him. Having the rally on TV would be great for the rally, and even better for the stunt comp. So like I said in my first post if its going to be JB and a stunt comp then thats GREAT! However if the oportunity for any Canadian riders to ride at all or compete is being lost because all funding is being used to bring in a US rider....Then Im sorry you guys have a good time, I'll be practicing behind some warehouse with the some other GTA stunters...

Well put. We see eye to eye on most levels. Only stunters or stunt enthusiasts are familiar with the names of talent both big and small(locally and abroad, tech and non tech tricks), thanks to SPEED JB is known to even non-riders, and stunting is gaining a new audience. I don't know how many new attendees will be in PS because of Jason Britton but I think his name will be a draw regardless. If he is coming it'll be cool if the SPEED cameras follow, it'll help out with sponsors for the 2010 event in a big way!! I think it would be ideal if he just came to pump the event for the show, put on a demo and then watch the local boys do their thing!

Have a safe and successful season!
    It is what it is...

I have a black belt in anger!

time to finish this.... sorry if you guys are having a kick of it..
    inc is better then jb s crew. period.

im just glad to hear the stunt show is on.,my little guy is looking forward to it already.the only stunts, his dad does are unintentional, and always cost me $$$.good work,organizers,goes from almost cancelled last year,to maybe the biggest ever this year.

i think if jason britton and superbikes came to canada it would be the best thing that could happen....he would give some much needed attention to the canadian stunt scene with his exposure on a nationally televised stunt and steetbike show...i really dont know why some of these guys are mad about paying a U.S. stunt rider to come here and ride...when they have said on numerous occations that they will ride for free...why pay canadian riders to ride when they will ride for free...its a double edge sword...u cant whine and complane that they are paying riders when you ride in canada for free...it doesnt make any sense.....to whoever is organizing the event..dont listen to the haters...jason britton is the smartest thing you can do to get more attention for the canadian scene...thats just my 2 cents...i think it would be smart to get jason britton and his crew to judge the event and ride in the intermission...not against the canadian riders but just to complement the riders....thats the way to go...

BnA this is going to be fun..

Quote Originally Posted by BnASoldier View Post
    i think if jason britton and superbikes came to canada it would be the best thing that could happen....he would give some much needed attention to the canadian stunt scene with his exposure on a nationally televised stunt and steetbike show...i really dont know why some of these guys are mad about paying a U.S. stunt rider to come here and ride...when they have said on numerous occations that they will ride for free...why pay canadian riders to ride when they will ride for free...its a double edge sword...u cant whine and complane that they are paying riders when you ride in canada for free...it doesnt make any sense.....to whoever is organizing the event..dont listen to the haters...jason britton is the smartest thing you can do to get more attention for the canadian scene...thats just my 2 cents...i think it would be smart to get jason britton and his crew to judge the event and ride in the intermission...not against the canadian riders but just to complement the riders....thats the way to go...
    Well I guess you guys cant read or Im a retard and just cant say it so you guys can understand, but your right I dont care about money personally. Your the one that wants to get payed to ride, I just want to see Canadian riders get the chance to ride at events in Canada payed or not...

You guys (BnA) were doing the shows for PS, and untill they fix the website, right now it looks like your getting the shaft and JB is taking your spot...I think that would suck but if your cool with it then why should I care right? Well I kinda did care cause I know getting payed is so important to you, and now it looks like you lost another paying gig. And like I said I personally would rather see a Canadian team do the shows for the rally, rather then any American rider...If its just going to be a stunt show(without the comp or TV exposure)...

I dont think I should have to explain again that I think JB + stunt comp would be GREAT! My problem is with how it looks or looked on PS site....With no info about the stunt comp on the site, just the mention of JB comming to do shows.

PS you should stop talkin about us stunting for free, your double edge sword statement makes you sound cheap...To most of us that still ride for the fun of it! The only reason I mention funding here and prize money, is because I think it will help attract more riders from across Canada. I dont expect to take any of that home, this would be another free riding event for me.. Like the good old days when people rode for fun...
    Last edited by JohnnyP636; 04-06-2009 at 08:37 AM.

if i was doin this event, i would of put all that $$ into a prize for the stunt comp. and post that thang all over the s.l , instead of paying big name tv star a big money to come c the event

if prize $$$ is good enough you should b able to get all those ny stunters, and personaly i would love to c wink1100 in person too lol lol lol

Quote Originally Posted by BnASoldier View Post
    btw.. you sounds mad cause you lost your plate to jbs crew and inc still got a chance to eat there s.. dont hate man... in life theres always ups and down... after all everybodys knows west side duce it better then a east side ~

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyP636 View Post
    ...We didnt even bother trying to collect any money from that first show either. That being said I would be happier to see a Canadian team do these PS shows over any US rider any day...Maybe thats because I stunt aswell and would like to see the sport actually grow here....
    Haha that first part is funny as fu**, why wouldnt you collect the money?? Why would you want to pay money to go do a show, seriously how much money did it cost to drive there, pay for fuel, food, hotel (if you sayed there)? And then times that by how many people you brought. What if you broke something there?? You would want to spend $1000 to do a show?? IMO it doesnt make much sense. Maybe Im not loaded and have tons of money to waste/spend.

Also how would a Canadian stunt team make the sport grow any better in Canada than JB? Or better yet how wouldnt JB's team make the sport grow here? I would think that the crowd JB would bring would be a lot better than what a Canadian team would bring. Also how would you have a Canadian team do the stunt show and then have a Canadians do the stunt comp, it would look retarded IMO. JB would be an awsome Judge, what would be better than JB on Speed Vision giving props to Canadian riders to boost the sport here, or even show some local talent riding.

I have read all of these posts and I think having J.B. attend with the Speed vision cameras would be great. He could put on a show for all of us that watch superbikes and then judge our "Canadian" riders. I think it is a win win for all. What better way to get Canadian exposure to the stunt scene then to have JB and his crew attend.

You never know those of you that are good enough may even pick up a sponsor or two to assist you guys with expenses etc. Also there maybe other promoters there for future shows, for our Canadian riders. The best way to get exposure is through a major T.V. network........IMO.

Good Luck to all and I hope all of you Canadian stunters show up.

Quote Originally Posted by Psychoholic View Post
    Haha that first part is funny as fu**, why wouldnt you collect the money?? Why would you want to pay money to go do a show, seriously how much money did it cost to drive there, pay for fuel, food, hotel (if you sayed there)? And then times that by how many people you brought. What if you broke something there?? You would want to spend $1000 to do a show?? IMO it doesnt make much sense. Maybe Im not loaded and have tons of money to waste/spend.
    if you broke somthing eather you already brought some of your parts to swap or pack up and watch who ever is stunting out there. and about that 1000 dolla? well.. lets put it this way... cayuga s been doin cscs for years and theres some big prize $$$ on that show... hum... and all i c is (not king of the street seris) 8~10 sec beast getting "TOWED" by huge f350 sometimes f650.... wow... gas alone must of costed you 200 bucks.. but i dont c them crying and whining when they have to pack up and go home empty handed.. if you think all that was a waste? then stay home and watch your hd tv with ac blowing no?

think befor you hate.

and i still think giving out prize money to stunt compatition is better then paying jb s crew. after all its allllll about promoting. and bringing alll the stunt rider from west to the east coast of canada is a better step foward then bringing jbs crew. sport aint gonna grow by watching a tv star it grows by percipitating

Quote Originally Posted by mychevysucks View Post
    if you broke somthing eather you already brought some of your parts to swap or pack up and watch who ever is stunting out there. and about that 1000 dolla? well.. lets put it this way... cayuga s been doin cscs for years and theres some big prize $$$ on that show... hum... and all i c is (not king of the street seris) 8~10 sec beast getting "TOWED" by huge f350 sometimes f650.... wow... gas alone must of costed you 200 bucks.. but i dont c them crying and whining when they have to pack up and go home empty handed.. if you think all that was a waste? then stay home and watch your hd tv with ac blowing no?

think befor you hate.

and i still think giving out prize money to stunt compatition is better then paying jb s crew. after all its allllll about promoting. and bringing alll the stunt rider from west to the east coast of canada is a better step foward then bringing jbs crew. sport aint gonna grow by watching a tv star it grows by percipitating
    Im not trying to hate, im just givivng my opinion. That comparison isnt that accurate, people go to Cayuga because there are only certin places they can do that, you cant do that stuff for free in a parking lot. People also go there to "compete" with others, who are you competing with when you do a show? I've seen more compatition at a lot where people are trying to one up each other. Hey if you want to pay to show people what you can do, whatever, everyones got there own thing, i would have just picked up the cheque, and tryed to recoupe some of my expenses atleast, thats all im saying.

Im not saying I dont think giving out more prize money for the event is a bad thing, but you have to think of it as a business venture, they are probably going to see more from JB here then no JB. You have to understand people make money off this, and the more money they get the more money they will invest in it later on, which is good for the sport. They could have easily not done anything, and been no rally.
    Last edited by Psychoholic; 04-07-2009 at 12:22 PM.

sorry i guess i forgot you introduce my self.

im a low budget zippi tied stunter from west side of your town. and my stunt team is called "Doubble Crossed Sword Stunter" got some blinging name in my team too..

and its not about money we care, its all about fun and game.

if your depending your self enjoyment thing as known as hobby to pay off your life enjoyment thang.. you mind as well open your self a scam like

" hey im a happy guy. donate $1 to my account i ll sell you a happiness"

you ll get rich quicker that way wink wink~

ps: dont cry cause i styled on you. and yes im hating on you.

Was disappointed to read all the negative comments regarding Britten coming to the Parry Sound show.
    Yes, he's American.
    But if you've watched his show you've seen that he's invited to many different countries because of his riding ability, his professionalism, his ability to pump up fans and his ability to take an event to a higher level.
    If these guys are pulling an event together in Parry Sound and are able to attract well known acts as well as support local riders and make it an entertaining and generally positive experience for everybody then they should have our support.
    IMHO it's not easy to build an impressive event that far from a major city - look at how wakestock started as a small event in Bala - and after several changes grew into the monster it is now in downtown Toronto.
    If the PS crew can put on a good show - I'm coming, and bringing my riding buddies from Toronto for a Muskoka cruise to check it out.
    Check out Treeline-Events.com if you guys need any help.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by JWH View Post
    Was disappointed to read all the negative comments regarding Britten coming to the Parry Sound show.
    Yes, he's American.
    But if you've watched his show you've seen that he's invited to many different countries because of his riding ability, his professionalism, his ability to pump up fans and his ability to take an event to a higher level.
    If these guys are pulling an event together in Parry Sound and are able to attract well known acts as well as support local riders and make it an entertaining and generally positive experience for everybody then they should have our support.
    IMHO it's not easy to build an impressive event that far from a major city - look at how wakestock started as a small event in Bala - and after several changes grew into the monster it is now in downtown Toronto.
    If the PS crew can put on a good show - I'm coming, and bringing my riding buddies from Toronto for a Muskoka cruise to check it out.
    Check out Treeline-Events.com if you guys need any help.
    +1 I think jb and his crew would be a positive.why not have him compete against some of our local(canadian riders)? a canada vs u.s. stunt competition.
    Last edited by GrahamT; 04-08-2009 at 05:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mychevysucks View Post
    sorry i guess i forgot you introduce my self.

im a low budget zippi tied stunter from west side of your town. and my stunt team is called "Doubble Crossed Sword Stunter" got some blinging name in my team too..

and its not about money we care, its all about fun and game.

if your depending your self enjoyment thing as known as hobby to pay off your life enjoyment thang.. you mind as well open your self a scam like

" hey im a happy guy. donate $1 to my account i ll sell you a happiness"

you ll get rich quicker that way wink wink~

ps: dont cry cause i styled on you. and yes im hating on you.
    Man you obviously dont get the point! You start with making dumb analigiues about cayuga and now this. Ok you dont care about money, thats fine. I just was just stating how I thought not picking up a cheque was dumb, and you turn it into a big bunch of BS, I cant even understand what the hell you wrote. So i dont even know if I should defend what I put or not. One second Im reading about money the next "self enjoyment" And I guess I "mind as well open" my self a scam?? Since when is it a scam to perform a service for money?? The promoters make money off people being there, is that a scam to?? Running a business is a scam??

Like BNA said in another thread I dont want to get into this hole BS, because personally I dont like to sit infront of a computer and Talk BS back and forth like some do. If you want to clown around and talk sh** all day be my guest, im sure the majority of people can see through the BS and see whats really going on.

And If you dont care about riding for the money? what is it then?? you like to travel around to show off to people?? You enjoy traveling around to different paved flat surfices?? If you want to show off to people, why dont you just invite people to the lot, man you could just post where you stunt all the time im sure people would show up.

Also if you want stunting to be more that just a hobby, maybe even something Legit in the GTA (an industry even) maybe you should start treating it like one. If you want it to be just a hobby just continue to do what you do and turn it all into one big joke.

Physo what do you ride???? Have i seen you around before....

Also Physco WTF is analigiues.....Is that some sort off Gay porn site????
    Last edited by hondacbrf3; 04-08-2009 at 07:05 PM.