Sport Bike Rally to have a stunting competion - Page 2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sport Bike Rally to have a stunting competion

Re: Sport Bike Rally to have a stunting competion

Quote Originally Posted by MissJuice View Post
    Just out of curiosity... because I know a company who is thinking of doing something similar...as far as categories...what do you have in mind?
    600? Ladies? little bikes (50's) For the girls I only know of 2 that actually stunt and that inlcudes you Yami Babe... is there any more in the GTA? Also please list the categories that you would like to see....
    LOL... i wouldn't say i can stunt... i can do a couple little wheelies on the 50 and thats about it..... no where close to stunting...... As far as i know... Nina is the only one that and stunt a 50 and there are no girls in the city that can stunt a big bike......

As for the categories... you would need to ask the stunters what they would want to do.... if they would just stop talking about other things and get back on track with this tread..... lol
    Last edited by Yami_Babe; 03-30-2009 at 03:19 PM.
    Just Liven the Dream Baby!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MissJuice View Post
    Just out of curiosity... because I know a company who is thinking of doing something similar...as far as categories...what do you have in mind?
    600? Ladies? little bikes (50's) For the girls I only know of 2 that actually stunt and that inlcudes you Yami Babe... is there any more in the GTA? Also please list the categories that you would like to see....
    Amateur freestyle (individual)
    Amateur freestyle (tandem) *****NO MANDEM ITS ILLEGAL******
    Amateur mini bike (mens and ladies)
    longest stoppie
    most circles
    last man standing
    sickest trick

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyP636 View Post
    longest stoppie
    most circles
    last man standing
    sickest trick

So i guess that means me and greg are going to have to work on our tandem...

Quote Originally Posted by Yami_Babe View Post
    LOL... i wouldn't say i can stunt... i can do a couple little wheelies on the 50 and thats about it..... no where close to stunting...... As far as i know... Nina is the only one that and stunt a 50 and there are no girls in the city that can stunt a big bike......

As for the categories... you would need to ask the stunters what they would want to do.... if they would just stop talking about other things and get back on track with this tread..... lol
    Your too much Cam, take a look on the rally site....The only mention of stunt anything is of JB possibly comming down...So they need to get on track if they are really going to have a stunt comp, and not just post questions on here...This site is not the Stuntlife of Canada, and the word needs to be spread about a comp if its going to happen...

Like I said no offense to the OP or Bing, but we dont know who they are and if this is really going to happen or not...I read what they post then check the website to see if its true and there is nothing about a comp so call me skeptical I guess...

Its 3 months away, people across Canada probably need to know well in advance if they need to book this off work or whatever they gotta do to make it out....And to know if its worth the trip to Ontario, they are going to need a little more then a posting in this stunt forum...And they probably want to know what the categories and prizes are aswell...

You call it going off track, to me its asking for details, because right now there isnt much being put on the table as far as info...

I dunno depends on whos comming out, I dont think anyone is really doing anything here locally. So a small bag of tandem tricks would win over a local comp, hell I think youd be lucky just to find one more tandem group around here just to compete against..I know I get laughed at every time I try it...Id like to see a bigger attendance then just the few people I know that stunt around here thou...

Maybe Im dreaming but Id like to see people from Alberta, Montreal, those guys from Halifax, and the Newfies too.....

So who knows what kind of stunters, and different levels or riders will be out there?......

Oh and if theres a mens mini bike stunting comp, Ive got all my money on "The Boss"....And I think Nina would agree? Womens Ive got all the money I had + the money I won from The Boss on Nina

Listen Woman ! The day I will be able to lift the front wheel on a bike or little bike YOU WILL NOT HEAR THE END OF IT!!!! Just take the props girl!!!!

longest stoppie
    most circles
    last man standing
    sickest trick

SWEET! spank you!

Oh and if theres a mens mini bike stunting comp, Ive got all my money on "The Boss"....And I think Nina would agree? Womens Ive got all the money I had + the money I won from The Boss on Nina
    Of course you have the money on Nina.. because SHES THE ONLY ONE!!! lol.....

As for people coming from all around Canada.... i don't see why not... if you promote it enough.... i know alot of people already go to the one in Halifax, i dont see why people woundn't come to Parry Sound???.. I would be will to help with the promo for that!!

Johnny P & Others
    Here's the thing, there are different people working on various aspects of the Rally. Also because of insurance reasons a few events are the property of the Parry Sound Motorcycle Assoc. so that we can operate those events as we do not own the rights to the Sportbike Rally. Therefore it is not an official Rally Event, instead it is a PSMA event that we are operating on the same weekend. That goes for the speed trial runs as well. That is why we can't post it on the Web Page, but we will get it on the www.parrysoundmotorcycle.org site very soon. Another member is in charge of the Stunt Competition and I known he is working out some of the details. So please stay tuned and have patients because this is a first for us. Rest assured though that we are serious and that it will happen, so please spread the word where ever you can. I thank you in advance and if you see me at the Rally please introduce yourself. I will be riding a red 2000 ZRX1100, and you will recognize the plate. As for me, I have the task of getting some entertainment as well as other tasks. I certainly don't mind asking for peoples opinion, so here goes. Do you think that it is a bad idea to use a headline name and a tv show that is watched by sport bikers as a side attraction to the Stunt Competition to help get it off the ground?

I wouldn't waste money on JB even for his TV Show, there's sicker riders north of the border.

OMG... TANDEM!!!!!!! I miss it & you too Yami!! I see the bike is for sale

I really hope this continues to be a yearly event it is much needed and could bring so much attention to the stunters in the area!
    ~ Suzuki Girl ~

Of course you have the money on Nina.. because SHES THE ONLY ONE!!! lol.....

As for people coming from all around Canada.... i don't see why not... if you promote it enough.... i know alot of people already go to the one in Halifax, i dont see why people woundn't come to Parry Sound???.. I would be will to help with the promo for that!!

+1.. I could help get the word out also!
    ~ Suzuki Girl ~

longest stoppie
    most circles
    last man standing
    sickest trick
    First one to end up in the lake??
    My dirtbike has slicks

Quote Originally Posted by ChaserChris View Post
    I wouldn't waste money on JB even for his TV Show, there's sicker riders north of the border.
    +1 as long as bringing JB doesnt take away funding that could have gone to local riders...

I think most people get me wrong when they read what Im trying to say here. Its very simple thou you just have to look at it how Im seeing it right now, for the last 3 years they had local stunt groups doing the shows. And now it just says JB is comming on their site, so right now it looks like Canadian riders get the shaft....

If thats not the case and JB isnt taking away from whatever funding there is (that I think should go to Canadian riders first)...Then by all means bring JB and his bikes....

Another thing you have to consider when JB came here for the bike show, 90% of people in the sport bike community dont know who the hell he is anyways...

Let JB come and bring the T.V exposure for OUR Canadian event but don't pay him/them to perform(that will save him/them costs not shipping bikes over) plus we have many riders I'm sure of can ride as well or better then him and his team.

inc is sic

Just to make all aware, our plan is to make the stunt competition an annual event if we are allowed to and there are no unforeseen complications. This one will be the test for us, so we hope it will be successful. Also the competition is more important to us then having Jason Britton come. The exposure would be nice to have though as well.

We were considering Jason and the show to promote the Rally not necessarily the competition. The comp. is definite in our minds, Jason is still up in the air.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzuki_girl View Post
    OMG... TANDEM!!!!!!! I miss it & you too Yami!! I see the bike is for sale

I really hope this continues to be a yearly event it is much needed and could bring so much attention to the stunters in the area!
    Ya i am but i just got an R1.. so it's all good..